As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Oh my god I'm so excited to be playing a racing game again [Forza Horizon 3]

AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yoRegistered User regular
edited September 2016 in Social Entropy++
What up Singularity Engine

Forza Horizon 3 is out NEXT WEEK and it looks pretty great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD1ccSM9qiA

What's new?

- Australia!
- four-player campaign co-op!
- Australia!
- Warthog!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc6VGE15_Ds

Look, I obviously haven't played any of the previous entries because I got rid of my 360 before Horizon 1 came out and I don't own an Xbox One.

"But wait!", you say. "If you don't own an Xbox One, why are you excited to play this game?"

Good question, fellow forumer, and one that's easily answered. Forza Horizon 3 will be an Xbox Play Anywhere title, meaning that Windows 10 users like me will be able to get on the action!

Reviews have been coming out today and all seem extremely positive:

Seriously, it's been so long since I sunk time into a good racing game and I'm rarin' to go. Shoot me a mention so I can fill out this gamertag list!

Gamertag List
AtomicTofu

AtomicTofu on

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    The Horizon games have been the most fun racing games for a while now. Not sure if I'm picking this up yet or not.

• Options
    Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    I wish the PS4 had something like this.

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    So how would a Windows user be able to get this game? Is it as simple as "the xbone copy comes with a PC copy"?

sig.gif
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    So does the warthog only come with the ultimate edition?cos I wants it

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    So how would a Windows user be able to get this game? Is it as simple as "the xbone copy comes with a PC copy"?

You can buy it digitally on the Windows 10 store, but yes, any digital copy you buy will be both the Xbox and Windows versions

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    So does the warthog only come with the ultimate edition?cos I wants it

It's free at launch to anyone who's played Halo 5 or the Master Chief Collection and available to others as a prize for some public event in October

• Options
    I loved in the demo how all the bins were authentic, I'm not even a big racing game fan, but as an Aussie I just love touches like that

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    I tried the demo of this.

As someone who has not really enjoyed a racing game since Burnout Paradise, this scratched an itch and I'm really considering it right now.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Yeah I was gonna say the first thing I thought of playing the demo was Burnout Paradise but I didn't want to over hype the game without having played the full version

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Weirdly enough, I think these are okay racing games but incredible open-world games

That's all I wanna do, just drive around on the map

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I loved Horizon 2, this being set in my homeworld is the cherry on top.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    This game is so pretty.

Also, you can choose Bort as your nickname.

• Options
    Got this preloaded on PC and ready for Tuesday. Couldn't be easier - bought a digital code off Amazon, redeemed on Xbox.com, and it instantly showed up in my Windows Store app as a purchase.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    The first Horizon was pretty neat with its trappings but nothing could ever fill the void that Paradise left

Forza just controls too realistically sadly

I appreciate though that they have some alternate series that isn't just boring "here's a race and then another race and then another one"

• Options
    Unless I'm mistaking it for a different one, it looks like they've got Mount Tibrogargan in this, which makes me happy. Horizon 2's setting was great and all but the diversity on show here is a league above.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    How does this thing run on a mid-range computer?

'Cuz I've been itching for a good racing game for a while.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Stilts wrote: »
    How does this thing run on a mid-range computer?

'Cuz I've been itching for a good racing game for a while.

There are some sites doing PC tests, but I think they all have pretty beefy machines. That being said, they are planning to put out a PC demo post-release so you could just wait for that and give it a spin yourself!

• Options
    Yeah, it sounds like it's pretty demanding on PC

But it SHOULD have that "dynamic adjustment" thing that will switch up graphics settings on the fly to maintain framerate, that's what the Forza 6 thing on PC has

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    THIS GAME IS REAL FUN

There are also definitely performance issues on PC...if you're looking to play with an unlocked frame rate. They're supposedly addressing this in future patches, but in the meantime I'm playing with the 30fps cap on and it's been completely solid for me.

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    do the volume sliders not work for anyone else?

• Options
    I'm so bad at getting skill chains for the challenges

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    I think I did a skill chain challenge thing, but it was the first one and I just looped about a car park. So far just noodling about the place is super fun, and I love that I get to decide what I want to drive about in and the races will just adapt to whatever car I want to drive.

• Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    Does this work with a 360 controller on PC? I don't have an xbone, but I'll buy a controller if necessary. I've also got plenty of PS4 controllers, but no Bluetooth adapter.

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    It should do, I'm playing with an xbone controller but there's nothing in there to suggest that it's locked in.

In fact, I think it refers to a 'back' button at one point, which is not labelled as such on the xbone pads.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    spono wrote: »
    Does this work with a 360 controller on PC? I don't have an xbone, but I'll buy a controller if necessary. I've also got plenty of PS4 controllers, but no Bluetooth adapter.

Yes it does

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    After floundering around the first barn find and the game just telling me where it was, it was very satisfying to swiftly deduce where the second one was.

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Burnout paradise was a cool game but a horrible burnout game so this sounds pretty cool

• Options
    After floundering around the first barn find and the game just telling me where it was, it was very satisfying to swiftly deduce where the second one was.

Unlock the drone from the skills thing (it's a first level one) then you can use the drone to zoom about to find the barn and then drive to it once it's on the map.

Cos yea, I had the same experience with the first one, was a pain. The drone makes it approximately a billion times less irritating.

• Options
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Weirdly enough, I think these are okay racing games but incredible open-world games

That's all I wanna do, just drive around on the map

Open world driving best driving

The Crew is pleasing for this because it rewards you for exploring and the mix of environments is designed to give you a whole mini-United states.

• Options
    I just think I don't really like racing games, period

Like I don't really care about any of the racing events in Burnout Paradise, a game I love

And even in classic Burnout I really only like Takedown and Crash Mode

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    So I don't know if it's a pricing error or if it's going to go through but

I just bought this on Target.com for $20. Digitally.

• Options
    Code came. It worked

• Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    if you get the game and the VIP DLC in the same order it cuts $10 from the total to bring it to $30

ordered a couple minutes ago...probably too late but worth a shot

e: dead now, rip

POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN on
    vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I was able to get mine in. This is a huge download, 47.35 GB on Xbone. Hope I'll be able to play tonight!

I got the first Horizon for free as a reward for a Microsoft survey, skipped the 2nd one, and just bought the 3rd one for 1/3 of the price it should be. I'm practically stealing from Microsoft, lol

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Ok, so how the heck do I actually play the demo of this on PC?

I've gone to the browser based Microsoft store and selected the demo, and it now says I own it, but it's nowhere to be found in the Xbox app.

If I use the windows 10 store app to find it, absolutely nothing shows up for Forza Horizon 3.

• Options
    Demo isn't actually out for PC yet, I believe

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    They've said it would be out sometime after launch, but no actual date yet.

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    i want to get good at the designer but there are so many options and it doesn't run smoothly on my pc

• Options
    pimento wrote: »

Unlock the drone from the skills thing (it's a first level one) then you can use the drone to zoom about to find the barn and then drive to it once it's on the map.

Cos yea, I had the same experience with the first one, was a pain. The drone makes it approximately a billion times less irritating.

Yeah, I've got the drone, I've just been stubborn about not using it to find collectables. I'm sure I'll eat my words sooner or later.