As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

LOTRO

Fo'shizzle.Fo'shizzle. Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in MMO Extravaganza
So whos playing and on what server? :D

like you, but bigger where it counts
Fo'shizzle. on

• Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Im not playing

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
  • Options
    28682868 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    KingMole those are threads that clearly say beta in the title. The game is not beta anymore. Please let us have a new thread where we don't have to wade through beta chat. God I don't understand this communities resistance and sometimes open hostility to new thread creation.

I am buying it this weekend to hold me over until Warhammer Online. I am just bouncing away from WoW the best I can.

2868 on
    Warhams. Allatime warhams.

buy warhams
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    well I somehow doubt they're still discussing the beta in those threads.

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    28682868 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    No shit, the point is the threads are too long for new comers to jump in. And now this thread is fucking ruined because we are debating its worth. Fuck this fucking internet.

2868 on
    Warhams. Allatime warhams.

buy warhams
  • Options
    KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm sure if you asked nicely enough, they could take the beta out of the thread title.

I know for certain though, that the G+T link involves the PA forum guild; The Barrovian Society.

Also, heaven forbid me trying to help someone by pointing to two perfectly valid threads on who is playing, and on what server.

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    relax folks. While I'm usually the first to hop in a thread like this and point to already existing threads; for a game that's now exiting beta and will likely be fairly popular, it does make a little sense to have a new launch thread here for it.

Of course, that thread needs a better OP than "hay who's playing?". And might as well be here. It's a little silly to have a game on thread in SE, G&T AND the MMO forum.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    NisslNissl Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    If anyone's interested in hooking up with a big group of PA folk, something like 40-60 of us are in The Barrovian Society on Landroval. PM one of the officers in game (Aurin, Diavalos, Edros, Giraldus, Kalam, Kiran, Nissl, Rindae, Taradran, Weerean) for an invite. Guild is very freeform and just leveling atm, though we definitely have hardcore crafters and are well organized for that. Good times.

There are one or two PA people scattered on several different servers including Firefoot and Meneldor.

I've tried to get the G&T title changed (both during open beta and release), but to no avail thus far.

Nissl on
    360: Purkinje
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Any buddy passes available?

Bigity on
  • Options
    Fo'shizzle.Fo'shizzle. Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    My apologies if somebody else already made a similar thread. I just wanted to know who was playing post-launch, near the end of the grace period.

Got my copy launch day, still waiting for the weekend to play. Looks amazing.

Fo'shizzle. on
    like you, but bigger where it counts
  • Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I am playing. I am on Windfalla server.
    A nice server, no wait.

I am some elf. I can't remember the name.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HiravaxisHiravaxis Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Can someone explain how the combat queue system works?
    I'm having trouble working with it.. I play a burglar and attacking from stealth is a little wonky.
    I want to do a sneak attack followed by a subtle stab.. so I'll try to hit SA then queue SS, but sometimes my attack will be ruined and I'll only do a SS.

Hiravaxis on
  • Options
    hmxmosshmxmoss Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm currently working on Andaliel, a human Captain Yeoman on Landroval, and member of The Barrovian Society.

hmxmoss on
    burning.jpg
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    not to be a nag; but as politely as possible: anyone have a buddy pass they know they're not going to use?

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Well, I am almost at level 15! My character is a real bad ass, IMO. A Champion who really has a knack for kicking ass. EVERYBODY doing the same quests as me are a higher level, so I guess I am holding my own.

I need to pick up the pace a bit and maybe get up to 16 before I start Chapter 1.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Hiravaxis wrote: »
    I'm having trouble working with it.. I play a burglar and attacking from stealth is a little wonky.
    I want to do a sneak attack followed by a subtle stab.. so I'll try to hit SA then queue SS, but sometimes my attack will be ruined and I'll only do a SS.

Here's my experience with this. It's not a true queue system. If you click an action button, the border of that button flashes yellow meaning it's queued up. When the border changes to solid silver, the action is in progress, then after the animation completes, the button greys out on cooldown.

Now, if the button's border is flashing yellow and you click a different button, you will swap the currently queued action to the new button. If the button's border is solid silver, you can safely click another button to queue up that action.

The key being it's not a true queue, you have to wait for the current action to start (change to the solid silver border on the button) before you click the next action or you will simply not do the first one.

ToyD on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HiravaxisHiravaxis Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    ToyD wrote: »
    Hiravaxis wrote: »

Here's my experience with this. It's not a true queue system. If you click an action button, the border of that button flashes yellow meaning it's queued up. When the border changes to solid silver, the action is in progress, then after the animation completes, the button greys out on cooldown.

Now, if the button's border is flashing yellow and you click a different button, you will swap the currently queued action to the new button. If the button's border is solid silver, you can safely click another button to queue up that action.

The key being it's not a true queue, you have to wait for the current action to start (change to the solid silver border on the button) before you click the next action or you will simply not do the first one.
    Yes.. after some experimentation, those are my observations as well.
    It's disappointing, because you wind up baby-sitting the skill bar all the time.

In other news, I'm an idiot and rolled on Nimrodel instead of Landroval... ah well.. at least Nimrodel doesn't have queues.

Hiravaxis on
  • Options
    hmxmosshmxmoss Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I put my Captain on Landroval on hold for a bit to try a Dwarven Guardian (on Arkenstone... to have at least a char on a server without a line).

Over the weekend, I got my Guardian to L15, and just loving the class. That's probably more me personally than anything in particular about the class... just the kind of thing I like to play. I thought it would be the Captain, seemed to match up better to my past MMOs, but just kicking ass with the Dwarf.

I'm not in any kinship on Arkenstone at the moment, but if you're on that server, I'm Dwarolin (apprentice metalsmith).

hmxmoss on
    burning.jpg