As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Blizzcon 2016] No, they didn't announce Diablo IV

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    The Diablo in this image looks weird
    stream-error-b9fd48710c3a89f51d570256e3cc5e8f908403c7272be3bbc501e5c6ccab07d7d6da8fd88fdd5af0852033ab1647f4bac2090eb3b571563c72608fe8e11946dc.jpg

It's similar to the Diablo 2 design, but I feel like there's too much neck.

I guess it might not actually mean anything, but it's something I noticed.

Regardless of whether it's a second D3 expansion or D4 I hope they use smaller numbers. Damage numbers don't need to go into the billions.

...why does Chromie only have 4 fingers? Do Gnomes only have four fingers? Is... is that a thing?

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    look, some of are into women who are under three feet tall and only have four fingers

and when god does not provide, blizzard comes through

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    blizz con x, the popular sequel to the blizz con series

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Enc wrote: »
    Peewi wrote: »
    The Diablo in this image looks weird
    stream-error-b9fd48710c3a89f51d570256e3cc5e8f908403c7272be3bbc501e5c6ccab07d7d6da8fd88fdd5af0852033ab1647f4bac2090eb3b571563c72608fe8e11946dc.jpg

It's similar to the Diablo 2 design, but I feel like there's too much neck.

I guess it might not actually mean anything, but it's something I noticed.

Regardless of whether it's a second D3 expansion or D4 I hope they use smaller numbers. Damage numbers don't need to go into the billions.

...why does Chromie only have 4 fingers? Do Gnomes only have four fingers? Is... is that a thing?

Hunh, just looked and yeah, apparently Gnomes only have 3 fingers and a thumb.

So apparently so do dragons pretending to be Gnomes.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Im excited for a new diablo announcement, be it an expansion or d4 (or maybe nothing???)

I'm not excited for the two+ year wait for it to come out

edit:

although I guess it would be reasonable to assume an expansion would come out next year, blizzard doesnt seem as bad with that stuff as they used to be. hopefully

Al_wat on
  • Options
    Al_wat wrote: »
    Im excited for a new diablo announcement, be it an expansion or d4 (or maybe nothing???)

edit:

although I guess it would be reasonable to assume an expansion would come out next year, blizzard doesnt seem as bad with that stuff as they used to be. hopefully

here's what I think it will be

D3 expansion that's actually the D2X remaster. it can work either standalone or together with D3 maps/characters. D3 engine runs it.

• Options
    CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »

edit:

D3 expansion that's actually the D2X remaster. it can work either standalone or together with D3 maps/characters. D3 engine runs it.

This would be a sure-fire way for blizzard to extract $40 from my account.

• Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    2015: Heroes of the Stone

I will eviscerate you

l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    Machwing wrote: »

I will eviscerate you

Heart of the Storm

• Options
    Hearth of the Swarm

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular

edit:

I'm curious if all of you who want the D2 remaster want no/very difficult to do respecs and difficult early level progression with relatively limited abilities? I played a loooot of D2 and don't, but would love a different perspective. Or would a D2 remaster be somehow kinder/gentler?

• Options

edit:

I'm curious if all of you who want the D2 remaster want no/very difficult to do respecs and difficult early level progression with relatively limited abilities? I played a loooot of D2 and don't, but would love a different perspective. Or would a D2 remaster be somehow kinder/gentler?

No, I'd want them to map the D2 classes/skills to the D3 system. So yes kinder/gentler by default.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Hearth of the Swarm

Heard ya got Stones

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    sombra isn't real

drink your ovaltine

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I want blizzard to announce another new IP and be the best at another genre.

• Options
    rhylith wrote: »

erotic visual novels plz

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

edit:

No, I'd want them to map the D2 classes/skills to the D3 system. So yes kinder/gentler by default.

yup

I still have a soft spot for D2 but I think that game is really hard to extract fun from, especially in the beginning

but D3 is fun immediately

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular

erotic visual novels plz

finally i can date kerrigan

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    MidniteMidnite Registered User regular

Is the world ready for the gritty Blackthorne reboot?

• Options
    Midnite wrote: »

Is the world ready for the gritty Blackthorne reboot?

I'm onboard

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    yes necromancer please

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Jokes aside

I would dig a third person shooter action game in the Starcraft universe

It would literally be my only window into that universe, since I'm godawful at RTS games

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular

FUCK YEAH FROG FRACTION 2

wait

• Options
    Javen wrote: »

wait

I'm good with this

• Options
    1994: Warcraft 1
    1995: Warcraft 2
    1996: Diablo
    1998: Starcraft
    2000: Diablo 2
    2002: Warcraft 3
    2004: WoW
    2010: Starcraft 2
    2012: Diablo 3
    2014: Hearthstone
    2016: Overwatch

I wonder how much WoW fucked around with Blizzard's production of other games.

a lot, looks like!

but also they've had at least two projects during the '04-'10 gap that they just canceled because they weren't working out

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Honestly I think Starcraft Ghost fucked with the SC/SC2 gap way more than WoW did

• Options
    don't forget they made at least one version of D3 as well in the 2002-2008 gap before they revealed what was actually D3

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Assuming Diablo II HD could be a thing:

I like having a bunch of stats to manage and semi-permanence to my character (a la a D&D character, or even in games like VtM:B). I've probably gone through Act 1 of Diablo 2 a couple hundred times on different characters (never once having someone power level me because that defeated the point). To me, the game was trying a fun new build and seeing how far I could get (basically anything could clear Normal, and probably Nightmare as well) and then rolling up a new one. There also aren't very many games coming out that will still cater to that audience.

So no, I do not want them to just give me Diablo 3's mechanics in Diablo 2.

That said, I'm not against them doing some rebalancing (number tweaking, updating some useless skills, making it worthwhile to put points into Energy, doing something about potion guzzling, etc.) giving us some quality of life changes (stash space, bows no longer requiring ammo, maybe updating Hirelings to have some Torchlight-pet mechanics, etc.) and updating the visuals on attacks to have that extra umphf that people like from Diablo 3.

I'd also be for toning down the respec requirements somewhat (currently you get one freebie for each of the three difficulties, and after that you have to do some of the hardest content in the game to get a respec potion), but not to the extent that it's something you'll be doing every day.

Basically, if they're selling a Diablo II HD, then I want it to be Diablo II HD and not a game based on Diablo II (and no "Always Online" bullshit).

I wouldn't have a problem with new content being added on to the existing framework though (ie. male/female choices for all classes, expanded Act 4 with it's own Hireling, new fourth difficulty, new side areas, etc.).

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    So there's one Nova mission pack left; I wonder if they're going to do a second series of those. Maybe with a different character (Alarak?)

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Where did the D2HD idea come from anyway

I don't recall every seeing any Blizzard person mention anything like that so it is just the hopeful wishes of D2 fans or is there something to it?

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Javen wrote: »

wait

If blizz makes it it'll be dog decimals of the storm.

• Options
    Lars wrote: »
    (and no "Always Online" bullshit)

honest question: in the year of our lord 2016, when are you not online?

• Options
    edited November 2016

I'd say 40% of the time

but that's only because I have a cell phone which I honestly do not want; I assume carrying it means I'm "online"

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    An option to play diablo 3 offline would be neat for sure

I almost always play it solo and sometimes my internet is being shit so it would be convenient

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Come ooooooon Warcraft 4

• Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    I want a Warcraft RTS Series HD remake, I'd happily give up WoW for them to provide us with a WC4

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »

I'd say 40% of the time

but that's only because I have a cell phone which I honestly do not want; I assume carrying it means I'm "online"

Let me clarify.

When you are sitting at your computer to play hit blizzard game Diablo III, when are you not online? What place is not wifi connected? You can't even say planes anymore!

• Options
    stream here if anybody doesn't know it and wants to watch

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    if they had necromancer to diablo 3/4

I am in

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular

Me personally? About 30% of the time. I travel a lot, and take my laptop with me. It plays Diablo 2, but can't reliably play any modern Blizzard game.

Additionally, reliable internet coverage is not a worldwide thing. Not even USA is fully covered. I had friends in the military who got stationed overseas and could not play.

Plus not being able to play a game simply because the servers are down is really frustrating. I wasn't a part of it, but do you remember the Diablo 3 launch?