As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hunting & Fishing & Guns - (Mens Men only)

Wise_aWise_a Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Social Entropy++
So I was planning on fishing when I get home. I always catch the first one of the season at my house.

As I was finishing an email at work, I recieve a text message. This in itself is wierd because most of my friends have jobs, and work similar hours as I do. I see its a pix message, so I open it. Guess what I see?

Fish1.jpg

I realize its my stoner roommate who doesn't have a real fucking job, fishing with my fucking fishing equipment caught a huge walleye right off our fucking dock! I've never even caught a walleye in the last 2 years of living on the lake.

So I continue to work, and I see another pix message.

Fish2.jpg

A fucking rainbow trout! You gotta be kidding me. Thats another fish I've never caught in the lake, and he's pulling them in at 2:30pm on a fucking thursday. Go to work, damn it!

Anybody have any fishing stories? Like fishing? Hate your roommate? Share it up dogz.

Wise_a on

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I caught a stingray once.

Weaver on
  • Options
    jacuzzi snakejacuzzi snake Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    video games are more fun

jacuzzi snake on
  • Options
    Frosted ButtsFrosted Butts Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Fishing has a better interface than video games, as you can drink mad more liquor and still be productive.

Frosted Butts on
    lion1si5.jpg
  • Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    f9d65280b07e586723ad9d32fc9a92d7.jpg

Best of both worlds.

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I caught 4 big brown trout last Saturday. I'm waiting for large mouth bass season to hit. I like something that fights like hell.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Hunter wrote: »
    I caught 4 big brown trout last Saturday. I'm waiting for large mouth bass season to hit. I like something that fights like hell.
    Around here, Crappies put up the best fight for their size. If you hook a big one, its alot of fun.

Wise_a on
  • Options
    xeroismygodxeroismygod Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Well Ive fished Alaska for King and Chinook in the Kenai River. Only came home with Chinook.

I did fish the Gulf of Alaska for Halibut. Nothing record breaking but I hauled in two 70lbs fish.

On the otherside of Yosemite I fish this stream for Browns and Rainbows. Usually pull my limit pretty fast.

I have never had luck lake fishing though. Rivers and ocean are my best places to fish.

xeroismygod on
  • Options
    Akilae729Akilae729 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    In the summer I go crabbing with my friend in the puget sound and sometimes we try to catch whatever fish is out there. Crabing is some fun shit, I have a flannel shirt with the sleves cut off just for crabbing adventures. Which ammount to drinking coors lights and listening to KZOK.

I remember one time we went kinda nuts with the "fish bat" and he ended up with blood all over the back of his boat.

Akilae729 on
    signaturebighe7.jpg
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Wise_a wrote: »
    Around here, Crappies put up the best fight for their size. If you hook a big one, its alot of fun.

I fish for Black Crappie. Big ass panfish, good fight, and good eating.

Hunter on
  • Options
    msuitepyonmsuitepyon Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm too much of a pussy to touch a worm let alone a fish....

:(

msuitepyon on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I'll catch them but I won't eat them, which is probably pretty smart given my location and the mercury content of the waters.

Frosted Butts on
    lion1si5.jpg
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I go to Annapolis for fishing and crabbing, though I haven't been in years. Man, I think I'm adult enough now to buy a small dinghy to just putter around in and go fishing in the Chesapeake.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Wise_a wrote: »

I fish for Black Crappie. Big ass panfish, good fight, and good eating.

Yup, thats the one I'm talking about.

The lake I live on is the biggest in NJ, its got all sorts of shit in it. All I ever catch are largemouth bass, rock bass, crappies, perch, and pickerel. I never get any of the good stuff (walleye, muskies, striped bass, lake trout).

Wise_a on
  • Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    God damn - I need to get back into fishing again.

I prefer some seclusion though, and the few places nearby (within 2 hours of driving) are usually packed to the brim when it's warm enough for fishing.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Once I caught a stringray, and in Louisiana I caught an alligator gar.

Rainbow trout are delicious.

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    When I was a youngster my grandfather and I went fishing quite often.

Now my idea of fishing involves lots of beer and a good book while a worm slowly drowns.

Krummith on
  • Options
    Katchem_ashKatchem_ash __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    I did fish for some white fish in one of the lakes here. Pic is here:
    It was boring until some tentacles grabbed me. Man that was a fun time.

Katchem_ash on
  • Options
    jacuzzi snakejacuzzi snake Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    reading lol

jacuzzi snake on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited April 2007
    I caught a few hundred pounds of halibut years ago.

They were delicious.

bombardier on
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    i'm gonna make fishing my new saturday activity now that summer is here

mrpaku on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2007
    Weaver wrote: »
    I caught a stingray once.

crikey.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'll catch them but I won't eat them, which is probably pretty smart given my location and the mercury content of the waters.

Pussy.

Our boat should be in the water sometime around next weekend, can't wait to catch a striper, clean it and cook it.

RedTide on
    RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    redimpulseredimpulse Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I haven't been fishing in 6 years. God how I miss it.

t Paku: what's a good place around here? I was thinking probably regular trips up to Horsetooth.

redimpulse on
    rbsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    redimpulse wrote: »
    I haven't been fishing in 6 years. God how I miss it.

t Paku: what's a good place around here? I was thinking probably regular trips up to Horsetooth.

well i'm gonna go to this lake near florida and kipling which is "secluded" but close enough for me to drink beers and relax at, but if you're really looking for a cool place i would highly suggest jefferson lake

mrpaku on
  • Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    RedTide wrote: »
    Pussy.

Our boat should be in the water sometime around next weekend, can't wait to catch a stripper, clean it and cook it.

D:

Seriously though, I need to get a Canoe rack for my truck. As it stands, I can go camping and fish off docks, but really prefer to set anchor and fish offshore.

Ruckus on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I went to a dude ranch when I was about 8 or so with my family

nearer the end of the vacation, the kid's group I was with decided to let all the kids go fishing from the shore

after 3 hours of anxiously waiting for all the fish to devour my bait, and realizing they were just nibbling it and getting it off the hook, I was ready to pack it in and hate fishing forever.

I decided to have one more bullshit try, and for extra bullshit I retied the line with just the hook

no bait
    no bobber
    no weight
    no lures

just hook and line

I threw that sunovabitch out as far as a small British kid has ever thrown anything and lazily started reeling it in.

out of sheer anger at the fact that nobody was catching shit (me most of all) I pulled up on the line like an angry norse fisherman to vent.

what the hell?

DUDE WHAT THE FUCK NOW MY LINE IS CAUGHT ON A BRANCH AWRAWRAWRAWR

wait no it's wiggling

branches don't wiggle do they?

I start reeling in like a crack addict fishing for crack in a crack lake
    shit shit shit shit SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT YES YES YES YES AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME

onto the beach I pull a 12 pound Rainbow trout

No exxageration, no lie, 12 goddamn pounds

I pick it up and I HUG IT

then I run off to show my parents, fish in arms

Everyone is going fucking crazy behind me, kids running to catch me, councilors freaking because a boy is running around out of their care carrying a 12 pound fish with the hook still in its mouth and therefore, the fishing rod bound around behind him

I find them having lunch in the restaurant and I run up, fish still in my little arms, fighting for its fine

Sober as a judge, straight faced like death himself. Covered in fish slime, water, dirt, grime, grass and soil. Trailing kids and camp councilors alike. Holding a 12 pound fish that I had caught with less than what the cavemen had

I say

"I caught a fish"

my dad almost had a heart attack from laughing

the fish was delicious

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Raneados, great story

Frosted Butts on
    lion1si5.jpg
  • Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I have found that I am a terrible fisherman. I get seasick so ocean fishing is out, and I hardly ever catch anything lake fishing. I can usually catch at least a small fish when stream fishing.

I haven't tried the drinking aspect yet. Perhaps that will make me a better fisherman.

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    man I totally need to go fishing again

Raneados on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2007
    rainy toes, that is the best thing

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    drinking doesn't make you a better fisherman but it makes it a lot easier to break something's head if it's still moving

mrpaku on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I hope your friend just went out and bought those fish, placed them on the dock, then took a picture.

Javen on
  • Options
    CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Man, you guys don't know good fishing until you come up here and fish Alaska.

Unless it's Alaska, freshwater fishing outside is chump change.

;)

Cogliostro on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    what about freshwater fishing inside?

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Cogliostro wrote: »
    Man, you guys don't know good fishing until you come up here and fish Alaska.

Unless it's Alaska, freshwater fishing outside is chump change.

;)

Fishing the Russian and Kenai rivers was some good times back in the day. I do miss it so.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Man, theres this little man made pond that we call "the muck-hole" over by a new condo development. When the weather gets warm, the pond is FULL of pickerel and bass. Its alot of fun to fish because you always catch a bunch of cool fish and its not that much work. The big lake that I live on is alot harder to fish, and alot of times you come away empty handed.

Wise_a on
  • Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I don't think I'd want to eat any fish caught out of a body of water called "the muck-hole"

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    IpseDixit wrote: »
    I don't think I'd want to eat any fish caught out of a body of water called "the muck-hole"
    Ha!

I used to fish there before I lived on the big lake. It was alot of fun, cuz you always caught something. But you're right - it was close to a major road and I wouldn't have eaten one of those fish if you paid me. It was just for fun.

Wise_a on
  • Options
    DienekesDienekes Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    fresh water fishing is for gays

spanish mackeral are where it's at

vicious little bastards

so much fun

Dienekes on
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Dienekes wrote: »
    fresh water fishing is for gays

spanish mackeral are where it's at

vicious little bastards

so much fun

On a sport level, blue fish on a lighter pole make for all sorts of fun.

RedTide on
    RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee