As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[No More Heroes III] The Galaxy vs The Hood [It's game time!]

13»

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Kupi wrote: »
    I went controller and never felt restrained by the absence of motion controls, for what it's worth.

I am kind of interested in the Wii Remote silliness of the first two games.

I wonder if they do some kind of haptic feedback on the switch joycons.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    This game has a crazy manic energy and is already insane. The presentation is really cool and so far the combat is familiar but also feels like a nice evolution. I'm already getting the feeling that the story can take some wild turns. A couple bewildering things right off the bat.
    First, Bad Girl?! I clearly remember murdering her and there being a lot of blood. I'm sure it gets explained and maybe I could play Travis Strikes Again first to fill in some potential gaps (own it, just have not played it yet). The pull of this game is pretty strong though.

And secondly, why is there a human bathroom on this alien spaceship?

Also, Fu has a lot of personality and is a good villian. I was worried that all the enemies being aliens would not give us as many outlandish characters, and so far they seem quirky and like there could be some deranged monlogues ahead. Just pumped to play more and see where this goes!

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    This is an odd dot connect perhaps, but a lot of the initial game leading up to and immediately following claiming that first rank status is reminding me of the episode of Community where Jeff Winger turns 40.
    There is a brief bit of a live action kid in a cutscene after you kill Blackhole and there are the action figures of the various assassins and Travis (which is similar to the G.I. Joe commercial parts of that episode with the Community characters in that universe being action figures), of course there is the intentionally old school looking animation present in both meant to evoke 80s cartoons, and there is a similar "what is going on?" factor as you're thrown into seemingly random scenarios in both of these things without explanation. That game start of NMH3 I got hit several times before I realized it handed me control.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Rehab wrote: »
    This is an odd dot connect perhaps, but a lot of the initial game leading up to and immediately following claiming that first rank status is reminding me of the episode of Community where Jeff Winger turns 40.
    There is a brief bit of a live action kid in a cutscene after you kill Blackhole and there are the action figures of the various assassins and Travis (which is similar to the G.I. Joe commercial parts of that episode with the Community characters in that universe being action figures), of course there is the intentionally old school looking animation present in both meant to evoke 80s cartoons, and there is a similar "what is going on?" factor as you're thrown into seemingly random scenarios in both of these things without explanation. That game start of NMH3 I got hit several times before I realized it handed me control.

Oh. That sounds cool. I liked that episode.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Rehab wrote: »
    This game has a crazy manic energy and is already insane. The presentation is really cool and so far the combat is familiar but also feels like a nice evolution. I'm already getting the feeling that the story can take some wild turns. A couple bewildering things right off the bat.
    First, Bad Girl?! I clearly remember murdering her and there being a lot of blood. I'm sure it gets explained and maybe I could play Travis Strikes Again first to fill in some potential gaps (own it, just have not played it yet). The pull of this game is pretty strong though.

And secondly, why is there a human bathroom on this alien spaceship?

Also, Fu has a lot of personality and is a good villian. I was worried that all the enemies being aliens would not give us as many outlandish characters, and so far they seem quirky and like there could be some deranged monlogues ahead. Just pumped to play more and see where this goes!

You need to play TSA, this is a direct sequel. It explains a ton of characters, like Bad Girl, Bad Man, Dr. Juvenile, Damon, etc.

If you want the short version:
    Bad Man wanted the DeathdriveMk3 to revive Bad Girl, and was after Travis for revenge, and also because he had the DDMk3. He succeeded.
    Dr. J invented the DDMk3, but it was stolen and corporatized by Damon.

Also, I feel like the underlying theme of the game is the inevitable mid-life crisis of an otaku who hits his 40s and still hasn't grown out of it like society expects, which I can seriously relate to. :lol:

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Rank 6
    I'd heard about the musical chairs thing, but I didn't expect it to be the hardest boss fight so far!

Between Sylvia's Captain Marvel outfit and the end of the first optional adventure questline Suda's not shying away from MCU references.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Rank 5
    "I'll see you in the past." When Kamui's appearance here inspires you to actually go play the Suda adventure game where he originated, is presumably what he means.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Finished it today.
    Tired: Put Travis in Smash.

Wired: Put Smash in No More Heroes!

The post-credits scene was very Trunks and Freeza. I feel kind of like a sucker for getting hyped for No More Heroes IV so soon after the long wait for III, but I can't help it.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Finished it today.

The post-credits scene was very Trunks and Freeza. I feel kind of like a sucker for getting hyped for No More Heroes IV so soon after the long wait for III, but I can't help it.

Do you have any thoughts on where they're going with Henry?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Finished it today.

Do you have any thoughts on where they're going with Henry?
    Just as Travis's support network has grown out over time I expect we'll see that Henry has built up some sort of organization for himself while he's been offscreen. We've seen a hint of this already with all the masked people that accompanied him in the bathroom. They'll probably be dark reflections of Travis's allies on a broader thematic level rather than evil doppelgangers, except for the one boss fight that's all about making fun of the concept of evil doppelganger bosses.

• Options
    If anyone's interested, me and some discorders started a Suda51/GHM/etc podcast about No More Heroes 3:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-2-twccPLc

Special guest starring okumura!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH89A8gnQow

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    NMH3 coming to PC, Playstation, and Xbox:

• Options
    I like that XSeed get another crack at the franchise.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options