Ludious wrote: »
    Drez that joke meandered and ultimately went nowhere

it was like 2 years at ITT wrapped up in one post

What joke?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    oh shit the reddit admins are the ones deleting the threads about delta united

lolol

gg reddit

Probably because people are being doxxed? Like, United was shitty, but there were people trying to find the employees that got the dude's seat and how is that helpful?

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Also, water can act as a catalyst for fire in certain scenarios and chemical reactions.

Nitrate film is one of those. NPR had an article this morning about old nitrate movies being re-shown at the Egyptian Theater and what they did to limit potential fire damage.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    a
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    What if the water is so hot being near it makes tea leaves catch on fire due to sheer heat?

The water would be steam at that point

Not if it is under sufficient pressure

I think

I haven't looked at the phase diagram for water and I have no idea what temp would combust tea leaves

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    so when i finally found a hatchimal yesterday for the sharks

i was fumbling to take a photo of it in the girly girl/animatronic aisle

this mom is just kind of watching me

and i'm like ma'am i'm not a sexual predator i am here to see if they have hatchimals for my friends kids

>_>

ma'am seriously

<_<

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »
    If Ludious keeps his AC on 64 during the summer I am just going to assume he is rich as fuck.

Not at all. Small house built in 2003. Energy efficient appliances. I don't think my electric bill has ever crested $300 in the summer (which $300+ is a normal family power bill in the deep south in summer)

It's amazing how much that shit will help.

I run my AC constantly in the summer at 68 and I barely break $180 on a 3 story townhouse (basement/living room/bedrooms), and NY's energy costs are wonky because of our winters.

Spending $10,000+ to make your home energy efficient pays for itself within 5 years.

the house i'm leaving is 900sqft and i have a $300 heating bill every winter keeping the heat at 65

it's going to be nice living in a house with things like insulation

Air acts as an okay insulator. The issue ultimately is usually gaps around windows and doors where you'll lose your heat.

Also having shitty windows. Seriously, drop $5,000 and put in high efficiency windows and insulate around them and that'll save you a ton right there. If you've got old windows you're pretty much burning money.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    I want both a PS4 and a Switch, but I have a bunch of games for the PS4 thanks to PS+ and there's only Zelda for the Switch so I think I'm going to hold of on the Switch until later this year.

But man do I want a switch even though there are no other games for it yet.

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »

lolol

gg reddit

Probably because people are being doxxed? Like, United was shitty, but there were people trying to find the employees that got the dude's seat and how is that helpful?

Well it's Reddit, so expecting them to be anything other than the exact opposite of helpful is setting yourself up for disappointment.

sig.gif
  • Options
    milski wrote: »

lolol

gg reddit

Oh my, internet justice, as though that's never gone wrong.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    a
    What if the water is so hot being near it makes tea leaves catch on fire due to sheer heat?

Not if it is under sufficient pressure

I think

I haven't looked at the phase diagram for water and I have no idea what temp would combust tea leaves

Annnnnd now it's a bomb

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    sup guys

i gotta play more personas

Early game spoilers:
    Persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »
    If Ludious keeps his AC on 64 during the summer I am just going to assume he is rich as fuck.

Not at all. Small house built in 2003. Energy efficient appliances. I don't think my electric bill has ever crested $300 in the summer (which $300+ is a normal family power bill in the deep south in summer)

It's amazing how much that shit will help.

I run my AC constantly in the summer at 68 and I barely break $180 on a 3 story townhouse (basement/living room/bedrooms), and NY's energy costs are wonky because of our winters.

Spending $10,000+ to make your home energy efficient pays for itself within 5 years.

the house i'm leaving is 900sqft and i have a $300 heating bill every winter keeping the heat at 65

it's going to be nice living in a house with things like insulation

Air acts as an okay insulator. The issue ultimately is usually gaps around windows and doors where you'll lose your heat.

Also having shitty windows. Seriously, drop $5,000 and put in high efficiency windows and insulate around them and that'll save you a ton right there. If you've got old windows you're pretty much burning money.

well i mean

not my problem now

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Whoa some schools were dark,
    o8kw8m8819rm.jpg

Who the fuck needs Hecto, Deka or Deci?

KUCM is all anyone needs. Kilo, Centi, Milli.

I see hectogram all the time for selling food

deci is in recipes all the time because centiliter would be kind of silly

deka, well

no

I've never seen any of those used. Not even in science/engineering.

No one here sells food in hectograms. It's grams, milligrams or kilograms. Hectograms is, like, what?

I've seen hectometre used in engineering

because the mechanics textbook is written by people who have never used metric

there's a lot of loose food where kilograms is a bit much

and grams are obviously stupid to use

so it's like I'll take three hecto of candy please

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    a

Water can be superheated under pressure and remain liquid!

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    What is this Celsius bullshit?

It is how the civilised world measures temperature.

*throws more tea in to the ocean*

Typical American not knowing hot to make tea. You pour boiling water on to the bag.

Honestly.

Why the Fuck would you burn tea like that?

You generally want just below full boilling water for tea, otherwise you burn it and ruin the flavor.

you cannot burn something with water

you can scald it, maybe

but you cannot burn it

What if the water is on fire

There's an episode of "Fireman Sam" Henry likes to watch. A bunch of swimming pool toys catch on fire in the pool. They call the fire department instead of just flipping them over.

Hadn't realised Wales' finest export had reached your shores

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDtlJU8e8v8

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    a

Water can be superheated under pressure and remain liquid!

Hell you can superheat water in a microwave.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    sup guys

Early game spoilers:
    Persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona

Having played more I have two thoughts.

1) This is the best jurp ever.

2) This may be my favorite game ever.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    It has taken so long just to get to the school and I am not even there yet. I'm finally meeting my future teammates.

It is not a quick game is it.

• Options
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    I want both a PS4 and a Switch, but I have a bunch of games for the PS4 thanks to PS+ and there's only Zelda for the Switch so I think I'm going to hold of on the Switch until later this year.

But man do I want a switch even though there are no other games for it yet.

I have like 8 games, and I've played most of them more than I've played Zelda so far.

Zelda
    Disgaea 5 (admittedly from the JPN eShop)
    Blaster Master Zero - awesome
    Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+ - overpriced but awesome
    Human Resource Machine - awesome
    World of Goo - old, but awesome
    Shovel Knight Treasure Trove - awesome

Okay so maybe seven. I'll double check later.

• Options
    but as fun as it is, i just want to discuss best gungeon guns with @STATE OF THE ART ROBOT

i'm voting sniper rifle so far for me

• Options
    edited April 2017
    is persona supposed to be hard on the normal difficulty
    i think i am pretty far in and i've found the combat stuff straight forward with the only issue being SP management during deep dives

P10 on
  • Options
    It has taken so long just to get to the school and I am not even there yet. I'm finally meeting my future teammates.

It is not a quick game is it.
    gotta make the game take 10,000 hours somehow

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

The Chicago series of shows on NBC is also a Dick Wolf production.

I enjoy them.
    I like how once every 2 or 3 years they have a plot line that crosses shows, and you can tell the actors aren't really too into it and it's kind of a cluster fuck, because they try to get everyone in. It's like Ok, we start with an arsonist, who then kills someone in chicago, that's the chicago franchise and then rapes someone in New York, boom SVU, and have all the shows do a massive manhunt.

You can just see it in the actors doing it that this was hot bullshit from the start.

• Options
    sup guys

Early game spoilers:

I took a vacation day today. I'm currently playing P5 while mostly naked.

• Options
    P10 wrote: »
    i think i am pretty far in and i've found the combat stuff straight forward with the only issue being SP management during deep dives

Challenge to me is mostly time management.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

I enjoy them.
    I like how once every 2 or 3 years they have a plot line that crosses shows, and you can tell the actors aren't really too into it and it's kind of a cluster fuck, because they try to get everyone in. It's like Ok, we start with an arsonist, who then kills someone in chicago, that's the chicago franchise and then rapes someone in New York, boom SVU, and have all the shows do a massive manhunt.

You can just see it in the actors doing it that this was hot bullshit from the start.

Dick Wolf Event Fatigue

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Wow. Just read a couple articles about that United thing.

Why anyone would fly United after that I have no idea. That's what happens to paying customers.

• Options

i heard you need to use stealth and the chain mechanic where you get an extra attack

if you don't, you will get utterly decimated

so you either get it or you don't maybe?

• Options
    sup guys

Early game spoilers:

I took a vacation day today. I'm currently playing P5 while mostly naked.

sock over the penis

classic drez

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Nova_C wrote: »

Why anyone would fly United after that I have no idea. That's what happens to paying customers.

But Nova

they offered eight hundred whole dollars (in united travel vouchers that require you to fly on united again) for that guy to just not take his flight home

isn't (what is technically almost) money more important that whatever purpose that guy could possibly have for wanting to go home

Delmain on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Y'all made me scared to eat this sandwich I brought for lunch and now I'm tempted to just throw them out and get new bread and also taco bell for lunch

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    I measure things in hellameters

omg I'm telling

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Nova_C wrote: »

But Nova

they offered eight hundred whole dollars (in united travel vouchers that require you to fly on united again) for that guy to just not take his flight home

isn't (what is technically almost) money more important that whatever purpose that guy could possibly have for wanting to go home

Didn't he say he had patients to visit at the hospital he worked at in the morning?

So maybe, to him, no?

edit: Wait, you were being sorchasmstick.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited April 2017

i heard you need to use stealth and the chain mechanic where you get an extra attack

i mean, yes
    it is difficult in the sense that things can go very badly very quickly - e.g: enemy does reasonably strong AOE attack that hits a weakness on your team, then does it again, downing the teammate with the weakness and leaving everyone else bloodied and now you gotta struggle to heal up and revive and somehow do damage before this happens again
    but that shouldn't happen in random encounters because the enemies shouldn't get to act (b/c ambush + you hit their weaknesses and kill 'em)

P10 on
  • Options

I enjoy them.

I just started watching it this year and I haven't seen a crossover with NY. But they do crossovers with the other Chicago shows all the time. IMHO it makes the series better as a whole because it makes the world seem much more alive.

• Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    Man I am so glad I decided to go down tonight to make it for the interview tomorrow.

Just staring at multiple bus schedules is starting to give me a headache. Trying to make it down on time tomorrow would've been a nightmare from Anacortes.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

It's not stealth so much as "use the cover and become invisible" and yes, it is definitely a Persona thing where you absolutely need to be exploiting enemy weaknesses. Like get damn use to clicking the L1 button to bring up what you know about enemies.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    What is this Celsius bullshit?

It is how the civilised world measures temperature.

*throws more tea in to the ocean*

Typical American not knowing hot to make tea. You pour boiling water on to the bag.

Honestly.

Why the Fuck would you burn tea like that?

You generally want just below full boilling water for tea, otherwise you burn it and ruin the flavor.

you cannot burn something with water

you can scald it, maybe

but you cannot burn it

What if the water is on fire

There's an episode of "Fireman Sam" Henry likes to watch. A bunch of swimming pool toys catch on fire in the pool. They call the fire department instead of just flipping them over.

Hadn't realised Wales' finest export had reached your shores

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDtlJU8e8v8

That town has like eight people in it and it is CONSTANTLY on fire.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    one day the trump admin will publish all of our personal information and doxxing will cease to be a thing because we will all of us be doxxed

This discussion has been closed.