As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Impromptu Tarot Reading] Empress Edition

124»

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    I realized I haven't requested a general reading so I'll request one.

By the way thanks for doing this, it's been fun to read all the different responses.

Nine of Wands, Inverted. A waste of resources stemming from adversity. So don't panic.
    Will my relationship with my parents ever be good, or at least stable?
    Three of Cups, Upright. Yes, once you find common ground. It'll be worth it.
    milski wrote: »
    I'd also like a general reading, and (separately) a reading on the fate of my vacation to watch The International
    Nine of Swords, Inverted. Doubt and mistrust. Something is amiss and it's going to come from an unexpected avenue.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    If you're still in the mood, I'll take a general reading, too! :D

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Was waiting to see if there'd be any others, but ah well. I have two CCs pending, I think, should be able to do those this weekend.
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    If you're still in the mood, I'll take a general reading, too! :D

Ace of Pentacles, Upright
    An upcoming period of stability and financial growth.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Thanks!

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I'd love a reading, please.

Is it worth it to complain to my HR manager about the company's adoption of a ridiculously insane copy of MAGA for internal motivational purposes? Will it do me any good to put up a stink?

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    I'll do another one.

Should I look at changing jobs now or wait until next year?

• Options
    CauldCauld Registered User regular
    I'll do another as well. I'm thinking of two different jobs for my position. Should I stay with my current company or look for something else?

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Will my music job ever become full-time?

• Options
    I'd love a reading, please.

Is it worth it to complain to my HR manager about the company's adoption of a ridiculously insane copy of MAGA for internal motivational purposes? Will it do me any good to put up a stink?

The Lovers, Inverted. No, it's going to ruin any good relationships you have there. Just go with it for now.
    So It Goes wrote: »
    I'll do another one.

Should I look at changing jobs now or wait until next year?

Nine of Cups, Inverted. Wait for now, unless something great comes along, then jump at it. It'll be a very short window.
    Cauld wrote: »
    I'll do another as well. I'm thinking of two different jobs for my position. Should I stay with my current company or look for something else?

The Hermit, Upright. You'll do best on your own, so whatever lets you have more creative freedom.

Will my music job ever become full-time?

Yours is the next CC, unless you're wanting to forego that...

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Oh! I didn't realize you had decided to do that. Carry on then.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Dammit.

How much do I value my work relationships. Hmmm

Another question, please.

It's this job worth it?

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I've always been curious. So, let's see.

I've met someone. Someone I actually knew long ago in high school; but she has recently come back into my life. She is with someone, but thinks he is no longer interested and she is having doubts about the relationship. Apparently, we get along really well, and she is now interested in me. If I did this, it would be a long distance relationship, and I would potentially be breaking up an existing relationship, which I'm not comfortable with.

What possible future do you see for me here?

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
  • Options
    Is this done?

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Is this done?

Nope. Request away, I'll get to it.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    I've never tried this before but my curiosity has been piqued.

I'm curious given recent changes at my job as to whether I should be proactively looking elsewhere or if it would be best to stay where I am?

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    Since I already had a specific question reading, would it be out of the question to get a full Celtic Cross reading at some point?

Present Position:
    Knight of Cups, Upright. You have a lot of desires but not the will to act on them.

Immediate Influence
    Four of Cups, Inverted. Something is about to cause a great change.

Long-Term Goal
    King of Swords, Inverted. You want to find stability for yourself.

Distant Past Influence
    Ten of Wands, Upright. Doing the work of others without just reward.

Recent Past Influence
    Queen of Swords, Inverted. A controlling, untrustworthy woman, though acting otherwise.

Future Influence
    Queen of Wands, Inverted. Another female presence who has kinder intentions, but lacks the willpower to follow through.

Present State
    Four of Pentacles, Inverted. Resignment, reluctance to do what needs to be done.

Environmental Factors
    Page of Swords, Inverted. Deceit and deception, unreliable support.

Inner Emotions
    Two of Swords, Inverted. A self-destructive attitude.

Final Result
    King of Pentacles, deliberate and thoughtful action, a stable force of reliability.

interpretation
    Your present situation is toxic and you haven't been willing to make the changes necessary to escape it.
    Once you trust your own judgment, you'll find a much more stable environment, and people will come to rely on you instead.
    Dammit.

How much do I value my work relationships. Hmmm

Another question, please.

It's this job worth it?

The Fool, Inverted.
    No. It's holding you back.
    I've always been curious. So, let's see.

I've met someone. Someone I actually knew long ago in high school; but she has recently come back into my life. She is with someone, but thinks he is no longer interested and she is having doubts about the relationship. Apparently, we get along really well, and she is now interested in me. If I did this, it would be a long distance relationship, and I would potentially be breaking up an existing relationship, which I'm not comfortable with.

What possible future do you see for me here?

Queen of Pentacles, Inverted.
    Disastrous. She's deceiving you. Stay away.
    Peas wrote: »
    Can I take a general reading please if possible
    Seven of Swords, Inverted.
    Someone is giving you good advice, follow through on it.
    Gonmun wrote: »
    I've never tried this before but my curiosity has been piqued.

I'm curious given recent changes at my job as to whether I should be proactively looking elsewhere or if it would be best to stay where I am?

The Hierophant, Upright.
    Stay where you are, and follow direction closely to ensure it stays harmonious.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Hah. It's a good thing I don't believe in this stuff. Right?

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Thank you @cj iwakura :)

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Peas wrote: »
    Can I take a general reading please if possible
    Seven of Swords, Inverted.
    Someone is giving you good advice, follow through on it.

I just started my art journey in an art school at the age of 31 so whoa this read is pretty appropriate for me haha, thank you so much!

Peas on
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    I'm considering a major change in my professional life, possibly even going back to school and changing careers entirely. But I'm scared of throwing away a career I'm good at, even if I'm unhappy with it. What should I do?

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Thank you @cj iwakura :)

I forgot to put that in my post, so thank you, as well. I do appreciate your efforts to helpo out an Internet stranger.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    SamSam Registered User regular
    will i ever achieve what i want in life?

• Options
    discrider wrote: »
    Well, if I'm going to get everyone fired anyway,

Celtic cross on how I'm meant to deal with full employee/employer bargaining please.

I'm assuming this means a change of employment, so I'm interpreting it that way.

Present Position:
    Two of Pentacles, Upright. A major shift in finances is about to occur.

Immediate Influence
    Three of Swords, Inverted. Madness and confusion, a major upheaval, likely a business closing or a natural disaster.

Long-Term Goal
    The Hierophant, Inverted. Freedom from a manipulative elder.

Distant Past Influence
    The Moon, Upright. Deceptive dreams, expectations that aren't realistic.

Recent Past Influence
    The Queen of Cups, Inverted. A deceptive woman set on manipulation, probably due to jealously.

Future Influence
    Page of Wands, Inverted. A shallow, mischievous figure. In this context, likely a new hire who can't be relied on.

Present State
    Five of Swords, Inverted. Still reeling fromy a betrayal that's ruined everything in its wake.

Environmental Factors
    Six of Wands, Upright. Celebration and joyousness, everyone around has made great achievements recently.

Inner Emotions
    King of Wands, Upright. You are firmly in control, but very selective about what you'll settle for from others.

Final Result
    Two of Wands, Upright. Stability that can be savored, but must be worked hard for.

Interpretation
    Despite a chaotic past, this new position offers stability and an improvement in your career, but you will have to work for it, and others will be after what you achieve, so you'll have to remain vigilant as well. (If I misread the question, I can revise the reading accordingly.)

Bliss 101 wrote: »
    I'm considering a major change in my professional life, possibly even going back to school and changing careers entirely. But I'm scared of throwing away a career I'm good at, even if I'm unhappy with it. What should I do?

Page of Pentacles, Inverted.
    This could mean a lot of things, but I take it to mean that your unhappiness stems from something other than your career, and that might follow you regardless, so consider what that might be first.
    Sam wrote: »
    The Emperor, Upright.
    You'll have to take control of your surroundings.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Could I get a Celtic Cross reading? Feel like I'm at a bit of a crossroads right now on a few things...

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    Well, if I'm going to get everyone fired anyway,

Celtic cross on how I'm meant to deal with full employee/employer bargaining please.

I'm assuming this means a change of employment, so I'm interpreting it that way.

Present Position:
    Two of Pentacles, Upright. A major shift in finances is about to occur.

Immediate Influence
    Three of Swords, Inverted. Madness and confusion, a major upheaval, likely a business closing or a natural disaster.

Long-Term Goal
    The Hierophant, Inverted. Freedom from a manipulative elder.

Distant Past Influence
    The Moon, Upright. Deceptive dreams, expectations that aren't realistic.

Recent Past Influence
    The Queen of Cups, Inverted. A deceptive woman set on manipulation, probably due to jealously.

Future Influence
    Page of Wands, Inverted. A shallow, mischievous figure. In this context, likely a new hire who can't be relied on.

Present State
    Five of Swords, Inverted. Still reeling fromy a betrayal that's ruined everything in its wake.

Environmental Factors
    Six of Wands, Upright. Celebration and joyousness, everyone around has made great achievements recently.

Inner Emotions
    King of Wands, Upright. You are firmly in control, but very selective about what you'll settle for from others.

Final Result
    Two of Wands, Upright. Stability that can be savored, but must be worked hard for.

Interpretation
    Despite a chaotic past, this new position offers stability and an improvement in your career, but you will have to work for it, and others will be after what you achieve, so you'll have to remain vigilant as well. (If I misread the question, I can revise the reading accordingly.)

Bliss 101 wrote: »

Page of Pentacles, Inverted.
    This could mean a lot of things, but I take it to mean that your unhappiness stems from something other than your career, and that might follow you regardless, so consider what that might be first.
    Sam wrote: »
    The Emperor, Upright.
    You'll have to take control of your surroundings.

Haha.
    Hahahahaha.

General reading: Is stability in my job worth it?

Also unsure how the Immediate Influence above parses with the Environmental Circumstances.

Edit: This reading rather fits both interpretations of my question as well.
    The Queen of Cups changes person though.

discrider on