As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Drug test

Jasmine10Jasmine10 Registered User new member
Hi I have been assigned random drug testing.I visited my cousins on Friday and they started smoking I immediately took my distance and was out side with them for like five min than went inside and left.is it possible to test positive for marijuana when I never smoke

• Options
    Jasmine10Jasmine10 Registered User new member
    And I had a test on Monday afternoon

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    You're fine.

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Technically it depends on the levels they are testing for, but there is a near zero chance you have any problems. Typically the thresh hold is pretty high to avoid false positives, and simple second hand contact. They specifically set them so that simply being in the room with someone won't set it off. I passed drug tests while living with someone who grew, and smoked a decent amount of weed. You are fine.

• Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    The other angle to this is that I've known people who smoked that attempt to explain a possible positive test preemptively as they've been around sibling/friend/cousin/roommate/concert venue/party and that's totally why it may come up positive.

Take the test, don't attempt to explain anything, don't talk about the test or express your concerns, genuine as they may be.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    It's actually a pretty high bar to test positive. Depending on the test of course and the testing levels.

Generally they test for 50 ng/Ml. THC is fat soluble so generally positive tests occur from THC build up, because THC stays in the body a long time, so someone who smokes up once a week is going to be more likely to pee hot than someone who parties hard one time. Being in the same room as people who are smoking 1 time is unlikely to cause enough build up of THC in your system to test positive.

zepherin on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Generally speaking, drugs tests are not to determine 'have you ever been naughty? ever?' but catch the people who lack the self control to hold off, even if they have advance notice of a drug test coming up.

This discussion has been closed.