The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Hand Held Lounge??

Kirby4LifeKirby4Life Registered User regular
Just noticed it under features. In the other PAX, it was a place to play DS/3DS/PSP games while sitting on bean bags. But with unplugged being what it is, what would be there??

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Many tabletop-style games are now in the handheld space! the iPad, in particular, has a lot of traditionally tabletop games available, and my guess is that there will be content at Unplugged regarding these sorts of games.

BjJ1TxL.png
    5ErTbVb.png
    ltgruntKirby4Life
  • Kirby4LifeKirby4Life Registered User regular
    Cool!! Forgot people can play cards game like hearthstone on a tablet.

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Does PAX usually provide wifi or do they rely on the convention hall wifi?

From my limited visits to the convention hall, I was not impressed with the wifi coverage or ability to access it (I forget if it was a pay gate or not).

jswidget.php?username=ArcSyn&numitems=5&header=0&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=10zfegkyoor3b.pngSteam:ArcSyn
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I believe the shows rely on the convention center wifi unless some company were to sponsor something additional.

BjJ1TxL.png
    5ErTbVb.png
  • GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
    You are correct that the vision for PAX Unplugged Handheld is just like Handheld at all other PAXes, just with a focus on ports of tabletop games, as well as some digital card games such as Hearthstone. Unfortunately this may not actually happen at the first year of Unplugged, despite the listing on the website. Given the discussion here, figured I should post, as I don't want to see anyone buy a badge hoping for a Hearthstone tourney or the like.

• TamwulfTamwulf Registered User regular
    Yeah, it doesn't seem right? Proper? Appropriate? For a Hand Held lounge at PAX Unplugged. I've been to a lot of PAX's, and the thing that always strikes me is how a huge crowd of people will all be laying around in the 'Lounge, staring at screens, and the silence! How quiet it is! No one talking to each other. No one interacting beyond a "Is that spot taken?" Kinda defeats the purpose of what Unplugged is all about.

Witty Comments Require No Explanation,
    Sarcasm Allows None.
  • Kirby4LifeKirby4Life Registered User regular
    Tamwulf wrote: »
    Yeah, it doesn't seem right? Proper? Appropriate? For a Hand Held lounge at PAX Unplugged. I've been to a lot of PAX's, and the thing that always strikes me is how a huge crowd of people will all be laying around in the 'Lounge, staring at screens, and the silence! How quiet it is! No one talking to each other. No one interacting beyond a "Is that spot taken?" Kinda defeats the purpose of what Unplugged is all about.

I guess you've never gone to the HHL when the PAX Pokemon League has their meet ups. Yah, the lounge us usualy quiet but when the Pokemon battles start happening, it becomes a real party.

@Gundabad sad to hear that. But I guess its to be expected seeing how small unplugged will be on its first year.

vid