As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL] Thread: Super Bowl, PHI vs NE, Now On NBC.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    False Yellow Flag theory: OBJ, Watt, Rodgers, Carr, all the big names are "injured" to enjoy that sweet hollywood lifestyle with the Pentaverate.

TexiKen on
  • Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Chargers kick game winning FG as time expires, darkest timeline confirmed.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    I don’t get it. Hard to hear what he’s saying.

camo_sig2.png
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Heir wrote: »

"thats a critical penalty - *adopts promo voice* well, coming up on the Visa halftime report, Curt, Terry, Howie, Michael and Tony, look on graphic for final two bullet points."

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Kaep filed a collusion grievance.

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »

I don’t know if I’d rather see Kaep leading Green Bay to the playoffs or Kaep destroying the NFL in a lawsuit.

In an ideal world, both occur.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Heir wrote: »

"thats a critical penalty - *adopts promo voice* well, coming up on the Visa halftime report, Curt, Terry, Howie, Michael and Tony, look on graphic for final two bullet points."

Maybe he meant the 4idiots and Tony will look on the graphic for the bullet points

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    edited October 2017
    al michaels just issued a vague on air apology and they just said "and we'll just move on" so i went and looked up what he said

holy shit al

oh ok that was a joke someone was making. what he said was something like "[broncos] are having a worse week than harvey weinstein"

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Al Michaels needs to be put out to pasture yesterday

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    which is still a huge lapse in judgment but not as horrible as that first one

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    I do like that clearly there was someone in production going, "WTF WTF WTF WTF?!?!?!??!!"

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    al michaels just issued a vague on air apology and they just said "and we'll just move on" so i went and looked up what he said

holy shit al

oh ok that was a joke someone was making. what he said was something like "[broncos] are having a worse week than harvey weinstein"
    I did the same thing which makes the actual joke seem much less terrible

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

Of all of the weirdness of this NFL season, I really wish that one of the weird things was "Browns are undefeated."

As it is, they remain the one sane constant in this crazy year.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    Jubal77 wrote: »

I don’t know if I’d rather see Kaep leading Green Bay to the playoffs or Kaep destroying the NFL in a lawsuit.

In an ideal world, both occur.

I could see us picking him up as a backup but right now our backup QB is not really the problem. The porous offensive line and lack of running game are going to be the huge factor for if we can do much or not. I was worried all year so far that our O line was going to get rodgers crushed and sure enough it happened.

I think Kaep probably could fit in decently with our playbook as he was used to running the west coast offense but we may be better off spending money to get more/better o line folks to bolster that.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    There is nothing really wrong with Hundley anyway. If GB were to try for Kaep, in this instance it would be better as a first choice starter. If their intent will be to win, and there is no reason not to try, then they should.

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    I'm not convinced Kaep is a significant upgrade over Hundley. He'd need several weeks at a minimum to learn the playbook and develop rapport with the offense. Better to give Hundley a shot and see if he can develop into something special. We aren't winning the Super Bowl with Kaep and this defense. Almost certainly not with Hundley either, but you never know until you give the guy a shot.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    I'm not convinced Kaep is a significant upgrade over Hundley. He'd need several weeks at a minimum to learn the playbook and develop rapport with the offense. Better to give Hundley a shot and see if he can develop into something special. We aren't winning the Super Bowl with Kaep and this defense. Almost certainly not with Hundley either, but you never know until you give the guy a shot.

Yeah I'm not hung up on GB giving the dude whose been in the system 3 years a solid chance to play before looking elsewhere

it's not like he has a proven track record that he's completely incapable of playing unlike other people who have gotten the start this year.

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I agree. The question is whether-or-not GB management does.

edited October 2017
    The Packers have a third-stringer though who will now become their primary backup.

hippofant on
  • PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Seems pretty clear if a team has the tiniest fig leaf to hide behind not signing Kaepernick they'll use it. Every QB in the league could be on IR and I'd expect random dudes getting hired from grocery stores because "Kurt Warner was working at a grocery store!" before kap gets a look.

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    At this point, Kaepernick is better off not getting an offer from anyone.

Talent wise he's obviously better than the Matt Cassel's of the world, but we're already a 3rd of the way through the season, and in an unfamiliar system he'd be set up for failure.

Which is why I'm expecting the NFL to pressure one of their sad sack franchises into signing him now, if only to make the lawsuit go away. Throw him out there with minimal practice reps on a shitty team like Cleveland, ensuring that he has a bad game. Then they can cut him and say that they were right.

That...wouldn't make the lawsuit go away...

edited October 2017
    a
    hippofant wrote: »
    The Packers have a third-stringer though who will now become their primary backup.

They aren't paying the vet minimum salary to that third-stringer is the thing. But yeah, Kaep would be an upgrade over whoever the fuck we just promoted off the practice squad.

It's beyond obvious that Kaep is a top 64 or whatever QB, I'm not arguing against that. Just saying it's probably not worth it for the Packers at this point.

Sir Landshark on
    Hell, Kaep could be starting for the 49ers right now. Hoyer just got benched for Beathard (snicker).

a

They aren't paying the vet minimum salary to that third-stringer is the thing. But yeah, Kaep would be an upgrade over whoever the fuck we just promoted off the practice squad.

It's beyond obvious that Kaep is a top 64 or whatever QB, I'm not arguing against that. Just saying it's probably not worth it for the Packers at this point.

I believe that if Rodgers goes on IR (?), his salary cap space is freed up anyways.

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular

It wouldn't go away, but it would make it harder to prove any previous collusion against him.

It's already an uphill battle. Unless Jerry Jones was drunk enough one night to send a mass email to the 31 owners saying, "don't hire this guy", it's going to be virtually impossible.

a

I believe that if Rodgers goes on IR (?), his salary cap space is freed up anyways.

Yeah but if I'm TT I'm thinking why waste that space now when I can roll it forward into next year. As long as we still have Rodgers, the goal is always going to be a Super Bowl. I don't think that's on the table this year with how our Defense has been playing, so it's best to just cut our losses I think.

• AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular

So...what's the burden of proof he has to meet to prove collusion? Because my instinct is that the NFL doesn't have to do anything because its far more likely that most teams just decided that a mediocre QB who's going to piss off a chunk of their fanbase isn't worth it over a slightly worse than mediocre QB who their fanbase is going to ignore, and never bothered to talk to each other about it. Maybe 5 or 6 racist owners got together and agreed not to sign him, but I have a feeling that most teams just made the individual decision to not sign him.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    AspectVoid wrote: »

So...what's the burden of proof he has to meet to prove collusion? Because my instinct is that the NFL doesn't have to do anything because its far more likely that most teams just decided that a mediocre QB who's going to piss off a chunk of their fanbase isn't worth it over a slightly worse than mediocre QB who their fanbase is going to ignore, and never bothered to talk to each other about it. Maybe 5 or 6 racist owners got together and agreed not to sign him, but I have a feeling that most teams just made the individual decision to not sign him.

You've listed a thing that would count as proof of collusion.

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    AspectVoid wrote: »

You've listed a thing that would count as proof of collusion.

Right but the question is does Kaep need to demonstrate that the owners colluded or can he just claim that he's better than the 64th best QB in the league

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    He needs actual evidence, yeah. But if the case is accepted that means they get to do discovery on a LOT of owners and execs, and it only takes a few people being fucking idiots.

do you guys think that Kaep and his lawyer would file suit and claim collusion without evidence?

like filing suit and losing because you didn't have any good evidence isn't going to help you at all

so i think it's pretty certain that they have at least SOMETHING they can use to prove collusion

Arch,

who the fuck drinks a beer with a straw

Arch,
    A Jets fan, apparently.

do you guys think that Kaep and his lawyer would file suit and claim collusion without evidence?

like filing suit and losing because you didn't have any good evidence isn't going to help you at all

so i think it's pretty certain that they have at least SOMETHING they can use to prove collusion

They tried to prove collusion on artificially holding down player salaries a few years ago and failed

I don't think the act of filing is reflective of how confident they are or arent

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Re: Hundley: dude also barely practiced with the starting squad. A couple weeks (plus a bye!) and he might be serviceable.

Either we eek into the playoffs and get a decent trade from him, or we crash and burn and get some better draft picks.

camo_sig2.png
  • kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Hundley looked solid in preseason get him some actual practice snaps and fix our freaking O line so he is not getting murdered I think he could get the job done.

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    People who watched UCLA cackle madly. Hundley is... not good.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    kaid wrote: »
    Hundley looked solid in preseason get him some actual practice snaps and fix our freaking O line so he is not getting murdered I think he could get the job done.

ain't nobody fixing an oline midseason these days. there is zero talent at the position, it was all moved into DTs. you make more money there and are more popular.

it's a real problem for the nfl.

aeNqQM9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.