As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dark Age of [Chat]

CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
Dark Age of Camelot (DAoC) is a 3D medieval fantasy MMORPG, released on October 10, 2001 in North America and in Europe shortly after through its partner GOA. The game combines Arthurian lore, Norse mythology and Irish Celtic legends with a dash of high fantasy. It is set in the period after King Arthur's death and his kingdom has split into three parts which are in a constant state of war with each other. DAoC includes both Player versus Environment (PvE) and Realm versus Realm (RvR) combat.

It was announced on February 5, 2014, that development of the game would be transferred from Mythic Entertainment to a newly made studio (Broadsword Online Games) who will take over all future development of the game.[3] Mythic was subsequently shut down shortly thereafter on May 29, 2014.[4]

Nothing is as beautiful as watching loads of players cooperating in an ancient MMO.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM5dVXFPHnc

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    ok @Sir Landshark @credeiki @bloodyroarxx who else likes LoL or sports or excitement should watch this SKT vs Misfits series because it is great

Misfits should not have a chance in this series, they barely made it to Worlds in the first place, they rose up out of the Challenger scene, none of their players have ever been on the world stage.
    SKT haven't lost a best of 5 in Worlds in their history, they haven't even dropped a game in the group stage this time. They have the best midlaner in the world and they don't even let you play against their final form unless you beat them once.

This series is not supposed to be competitive but... it is....

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Who would win in a fistfight
    Trump, Sanders, or Clinton?

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I was kind of hoping to open up this [chat] to see a scathing review that focuses on our collective illiteracy and lack of meaningful cultural touchstones.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Who would win in a fistfight
    Trump, Sanders, or Clinton?

ha ha so funny

• Options
    Geth, the word Trump is forbidden in the thread

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative So It Goes. "trump" is forbidden in this thread.

• Options
    Geth, recycle the thread on page 100

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative So It Goes. Thread will be recycled after 100 pages.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    hello there children

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Du Bois deserved to have a computer, goddamit. He had to make these by hand, and they are beautiful, but maybe some software could've been useful.
    33887v.jpg

33873v.jpg

33879v.jpg

08993v.jpg

I assume he had a bit of help, though.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    HRC.

Sanders was probably a scrapper 10 years ago but he's too old now.

And the orange in a toupee is a fucking pussy. I bet he'd crumple like a tissue at the first punch.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Pony wrote: »
    hello there children

SouthParkChef.png

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    No sense of humor, typical Clinton voter

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Solid chat, CC.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Gerard Butler has told how he went into anaphylactic shock after being injected with the venom of 23 bee stings.

The Scottish actor said he had been over-exuberant with the remedy, which some claim eases muscle ache, after a 12-hour day of performing stunts on set for his latest film, Geostorm.

Butler told the ITV chat show Lorraine: “I had heard of this guy injecting bee venom, because apparently it has many anti-inflammatory compounds. So, I’m like: ‘Come, come to New Orleans where we’re filming.’ So, he gives me a shot, and I go: ‘Oh, that’s interesting’ – because it stings.

“Then he gives me 10 shots, and then I have the worst reaction. I kind of enter this anaphylactic shock. It’s awful, creepy crawlies all over me, swelled up, heart’s going to explode. But I go through it, and then I find out he gave me 10 times too much.”

Butler was immediately taken to hospital, but admitted that four days later he decided to give the remedy another go. “I decide to do it again because, I think: ‘Maybe I just took too much.’ So, he’s on the phone, and this time I have to go to the hospital [again].”
    nathan_fillion.gif

• Options
    alright [chat]

US Presidential Great Outdoor Fight
    Who would win?

Basic Rules:
    - No weapons
    - No living Presidents or ex-Presidents, for a variety of reasons (meaning no Obama, Bushes, Clinton, or the current President). Only dead Presidents can be considered.
    - Presidents are considered to be in the best shape they were in during their term(s) in office, not the best shape of their life total. Obviously this really fucks over dudes like William Henry Harrison, but what're you gonna do?
    - Only one President can be left standing.

make your case

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I think DAoC was one of the MMOs I ended up beta testing
    All those EQ clones were the same damn game.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    That MMO in the OP looks horrible. No wonder WoW was king.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    alright [chat]

Who would win?

Basic Rules:
    - No weapons
    - No living Presidents or ex-Presidents, for a variety of reasons (meaning no Obama, Bushes, Clinton, or the current President). Only dead Presidents can be considered.
    - Presidents are considered to be in the best shape they were in during their term(s) in office, not the best shape of their life total. Obviously this really fucks over dudes like William Henry Harrison, but what're you gonna do?

make your case

fdr_battle_master_by_sharpwriter-d46ks2j.jpg

• Options
    no weapons

• Options
    edited October 2017
    alright [chat]

Who would win?

Basic Rules:
    - No weapons

make your case

It's probably Andrew Jackson.

My case is he's the only one I can see biting another mans throat out and really happy to engage in the fight.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Teddy Roosevelt. Takes more than that to stop a bull moose.

• Options
    no weapons

Surely you wouldn't deny a man his wheelchair.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    People are like, establishment western is poison because my headache pill causes mild digestive issues. Then they immediately inject a shitload of bee venom, go into anaphylaxis, have a hospital save their life, and decide to give it another go since maybe just the dosing was off.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    I'd go Teddy based on what we already know about his toughness/how he reacts to adversity, plus virtue of being the youngest to attain the office.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    People are like, establishment western is poison because my headache pill causes mild digestive issues. Then they immediately inject a shitload of bee venom, go into anaphylaxis, and decide to give it another go since maybe just the dosing was off.

this drives me up the fucking wall

"too much ibuprofin can give you an ulcer! here, take this tomato extract! it's a natural anti-inflammatory!"

i do some investigation and it turns out that "tomato extract" is fucking low-grade digitalis

(this actually happened)

Pony on
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    A drug that comes out of a bee's butt is organic.

• Options
    Ilpala wrote: »
    I'd go Teddy based on what we already know about his toughness/how he reacts to adversity, plus virtue of being the youngest to attain the office.

see this is a strong argument that isn't based on "lol Teddy is awesome" memes

• Options
    Ilpala wrote: »

see this is a strong argument that isn't based on "lol Teddy is awesome" memes

Oh come on, you made a post about who would win in a fight between dead presidents.

That's a meme in and of itself.

• Options
    Guys it was a pre-ban joke not a serious question

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Geth ban all jokes

• Options
    I'd say Lincoln. That long reach, plus skinny guys fight until they're burger.

• Options
    alright [chat]

Who would win?

Basic Rules:
    - No weapons

make your case

It's probably Andrew Jackson.

My case is he's the only one I can see biting another mans throat out and really happy to engage in the fight.

to be fair like

Andrew Jackson would beat men to death his fists just for like

the sake of it

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    @milski @VishNub is there a good way to determine the melting point of a mixture? I have two compounds I want to mix and get to melt at a certain temperature.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    The thing about Teddy is that I don't think he could do well without being on horseback or having weaponry.

Zachary Taylor might put up a pretty good fight too. I'd have to say Taylor, Jackson, or Washington just out of the amount of violence that was inflicted on them and by them.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Elki did you ever answer the question about the communal Sudan drink containers or was it a rhetorical question

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    dubois starting to lean towards pretty-but-opaque there

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Washington was an older gentleman by the time he was President but he was also a veteran soldier who had brutal combat experience during the Revolution and, by all accounts, was tough as fucking nails, so he's hard to count out

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I AM FRUSTRATED

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
This discussion has been closed.