As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW Classic] Launching on August 27th.

• SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I don't know. There is an argument to be made that Blizzard learned some incorrect lessons from WoW's success. That Blizzard doesn't truly understand what its customers want.

As a side note, this isn't 100% about nostalgia. My fiancee and I played a few hours tonight and she admitted she was enjoying it quite a lot. She never played the original, there is no nostalgia for her. She said she's enjoying this a little bit more than BFA because it forces her to pay attention.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Blizzard kind of knows what customers want but often listens to the wrong people

• drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    What? Arcane Explosion doesn't have a cast time? #notmyclassic

But ooh boy, dropped a few hours into the game today. Hit level 15 on a mage and realise that I do miss down ranking spells. Mostly with the frostbolt to fireball to rank 1 frostbolt grind of things.

And now I kind of want to level warrior. But I gotta hit 20 first so I can just skip quests and just aoe grind my life away.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I think all the talents and spells are from 1.12 or whatever was close to 2.0, so the laughably bad talents are gone.

Oh lacerate, you are truly gone forever...

YL9WnCY.png
    I really feel blizzard needs a better auth server as that's the choke point of why there is a que for the servers
    My brother and I playing our warlocks to 10 lost track of time from about 1230 until 1830 getting to 10 and starting the bag train {I really did get a bag to finally drop!}

I don't feel like playing a warrior again in classic I made of a fool of myself then in the rush from 39 to 60 last time
    bslajk3nty5t.jpg
    But then if Blizzard is doing a improved wow progression I would make a blood elf warrior if they do TBC {and an improved TBC}

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Yeah it's not classic as in "we're rolling out the game on the same patch schedule it was on to fix how shit things were." Aside from adding the content they did they went on a journey of fixing and revamping the class talents. 1.12 was the last version that happened so, yeah, cast-time arcane explosion is gone forever.

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Are auction houses linked?

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg

horde and alliance with the goblin black market as it was

• milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    I'm having a blast, but I get home from work at like 5:30 EST and even if I jump in the queue the moment that I walk in the door, it's after 8pm before I can actually play. All of my friends are pulling ahead of me, and it's so frustrating. I think today I'll ask my son to queue me up as soon as he gets home from school. Maybe then I'll be able to play at a reasonable time.

• SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I've been playing on not-Grobbulus so far because the queue for Grobbulus is so long. But I did get in tonight and got to 11 on a mage.

borb_sig.png
  • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Skeram was not happening last night. I got home at like 7:30 but got into kirtonos after like 20 minutes so messed around on a priest for an hour.

• drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

horde and alliance with the goblin black market as it was

Been super tempted to roll an undead on the server I'm on so I can level them up and farm for a dalaran tabard to throw on the gobbo AH so I can buy it on my Alliance mage to wear.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    One thing I noticed last night:
    5j70mnh4awo5.jpg

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Jumped in the queue around 8pm Central last night, the estimate was ~4k people and 40 minutes. At around 9:30pm it was still ~2k and 20 minutes, but the queue started dropping like a rock and I was in at 9:45 or so.

Rolled up Rius the Dwarven Hunter, never goes out of style, and got to level 9. I should be able to queue today at ~5pm instead so I'm hoping to be ahead of the rush a little bit. I need to catch up my skinning and leatherworking so's I can keep on it while I level.

• crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    My 37 minute queue last night was more like 25 minutes, so that was nice (being in queue wasn't a huge deal since it's still ~1.5 hours from when I get home until my daughter goes to bed and I actually have the time to play).

I wonder how the numbers will look today compared to yesterday.

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Warriors don't have spell down-ranking!! I have cheated the system

• crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Neither do rogues, it's great!

• ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Hunters do!

It's called: No, I don't want that anyways, it's worse than auto-fire!

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    My favorite thing from last night:

Her: "Oh man, my mana regens so slooooowlyyyy. I have to drink after killing like two enemies!"
    Me: "Don't complain, you're a Mage! Now trade me some of that sweet manawater plskthx"

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    There's something I don't miss at all.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Tanks are gonna have fun when they remember that they can be dazed until they have sufficient defense (unlikely til 60).

YL9WnCY.png
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I hit 20 on my priest and have been having a blast. Westfall was rough at the start but by the end and a deadmines run I was feeling real good with spirit tap and wand spec going. Also I can make wool bags and greater magic wands now so I've made like 3g which means that currently I am RIIIIICH

And then I had to go back to work, which is an injustice.

Hey seeing as this is classic and all, is PvP going to operate on the ranked system like it was before?

Henroid wrote: »
    Hey seeing as this is classic and all, is PvP going to operate on the ranked system like it was before?

They will be doing that stuff with the titles and all that, but right now it's not in. It's in phase 2 or 3 I think

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    it will be added in phase 2 and will work completely identically to the way it did before

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    it will be added in phase 2 and will work completely identically to the way it did before

Except Tuesday honor calc will be instant instead of taking hours of maintainance.

steam_sig.png
    I remember back in the day when they were discontinuing that rank PvP system we helped one of our guys in the PAA become the last Grand Marshal of the Alliance. He was still granted the title / achievements associated with it, thank goodness.

• PriscaPrisca Registered User regular
    I feel conflicted on whether or not renew my subscription for Classic. I mained a Warrior during Vanilla, leveled a Priest halfway & raided as far as BWL. I was an avid fan of Warcraft III before I joined & I thought the world was quite immersive/magical back then.

I'm glad Blizzard brought back Legacy WoW - glad to see the social features, sense of adventure/danger etc .. but the tedious grinding (and the annoying queues for log-in and elite/special mobs) is wearing out my patience. I don't quite care for the leveling, I just want to get to 60 and gear up for raiding, but I still feel discouraged by the incredible time commitment I'm expected to invest for such endeavours. I suppose I'll play until my sub runs out, but chances are I probably won't renew it despite being a fan.

• jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    Classic has been everything my wife and I could have wanted. We spent a couple hours leveling together today and is was just like 15 years ago - except for the kids.

We’re likely re-subbing only for classic. Dipped my foot into retail a couple times after name reserving and I pretty much hate it.

The only thing that could get me to go back to Classic is if a reliable guild of people I knew formed, with zero [goosery] from people. The latter being the problematic part.

The only thing that could get me to go back to Classic is if a reliable guild of people I knew formed, with zero [goosery] from people. The latter being the problematic part.

Have you heard about our guilds on Pagle and Fairbanks?

SniperGuy wrote: »

Have you heard about our guilds on Pagle and Fairbanks?
    No and I hope there's two because there's one for Alliance and one for Horde.

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Is Fairbanks Horde or Alliance PVP ?

Both, it seems like the Alliance side has 40+ people and the Horde side has 5. My brother and friend, Pailryder and his friend, and me.

Haven't had a chance to make the guild because queues have been so rough.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    It let me install the game, start it, pick a server...and then it says I can't log in without a subscription. Which is strange, since it doesn't have the big clock icon with 'your subscription is expired' like regular WoW does. Where you can usually play for like 20 levels without an active sub.

Oh well, guess I should've been following the news about this whole thing a bit closer.

uyvfOQy.png
    Stragint wrote: »
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Is Fairbanks Horde or Alliance PVP ?

Both, it seems like the Alliance side has 40+ people and the Horde side has 5. My brother and friend, Pailryder and his friend, and me.

Haven't had a chance to make the guild because queues have been so rough.

Now I have a dumb question because of foggy memory
    If I wanted to make a guild my signature on my account counts once so I cannot make it with my warlock and sign with my priest?

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Pagle has a respectable alliance guild

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular

Ain't nothing respectable about Alliance.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    One thing I noticed last night:
    5j70mnh4awo5.jpg

*Laughs in Ghost Wolf*

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »

Ain't nothing respectable about Alliance.

or our guild tbh

i mean we let @bowen in

Allegedly a voice of reason.
This discussion has been closed.