Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Meownster Hunt[chat]

1457910100

Posts

  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Why is it that I cringe when someone pronounces the first part of "manga" as if it rhymes with "bang" instead of "long", but if someone pronounces it "ah-nime" I think they're a stupid weeaboo tryhard?

    mysteries of the mind

    Because 'anime' is similar to (and probably derived from) the English word 'animation' so you're acclimated to that vowel sound.

    There's no analogous cognate for 'manga.'

    why's it gotta be manga, Feral.

    Because Japan is sexist.

    touche

  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD along with you if I get drunk well I know I'm gonna be gonna be the man whoRegistered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    I do like how finally the monsters in monster hunter are getting their names spoken out loud so I can lord over other players they are saying Rathian wrong.

    Wrath or Wraith?

    Wroth.

    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Why is it that I cringe when someone pronounces the first part of "manga" as if it rhymes with "bang" instead of "long", but if someone pronounces it "ah-nime" I think they're a stupid weeaboo tryhard?

    mysteries of the mind

    It's the same reason I wanted to stick my fingers in my ears every time Obama said Paaahkistaaaahn as if he'd been taught English by mary poppins, then in the same sentence said Afghanistan like he'd been raised by Ma and Pa Kent.

    Atleast Obama had an excuse, his childhood was ridiculously international, it'd be weird if he DIDNT pick up the occasional odd pronounciation

    spool32
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Were all playing MonHun and @Ludious is over here playing discount MonHun Dauntless

    Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, that dang ol' internet, man, you just go in on there and point and click, talk about w-w-dot-w-com, mean you got the naked chicks on there, man, just go click, click, click, click, click, it's real easy, man.
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Sadgasm wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Why is it that I cringe when someone pronounces the first part of "manga" as if it rhymes with "bang" instead of "long", but if someone pronounces it "ah-nime" I think they're a stupid weeaboo tryhard?

    mysteries of the mind

    It's the same reason I wanted to stick my fingers in my ears every time Obama said Paaahkistaaaahn as if he'd been taught English by mary poppins, then in the same sentence said Afghanistan like he'd been raised by Ma and Pa Kent.

    Atleast Obama had an excuse, his childhood was ridiculously international, it'd be weird if he DIDNT pick up the occasional odd pronounciation

    I only lived overseas for 4ish years and I still can't shake some of the expressions.

  • 21stCentury21stCentury Bismuth OS Fully Operational 2019-07-12 - KeystoneRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Okay, can someone explain the Dinraal and company thing from Breath of the Wild?
    Basically, every time I see one of the dragons, i can hit it with an arrow for a scale, correct?

    Pretty much, yeah.
    There are three dragons, one for each element.

    You hit it at different locations on its body to get different body parts. Scales are the easiest to get.

    Ok! that makes sense.

    The "tutorial" quest is real good but at the same time, not that great, becasue it doesn't make it clear that it's a normal thing, Imo.

    Feral
  • VanguardVanguard Je suis le savant au fauteuil sombre. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    first big haul of the year

    got

    khruangbin - con todo el mundo
    ty segall - freedom's goblin
    shopping - the official body
    jay som - pirouette 7"

    wandering
  • SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Why is it that I cringe when someone pronounces the first part of "manga" as if it rhymes with "bang" instead of "long", but if someone pronounces it "ah-nime" I think they're a stupid weeaboo tryhard?

    mysteries of the mind

    Because 'anime' is similar to (and probably derived from) the English word 'animation' so you're acclimated to that vowel sound.

    There's no analogous cognate for 'manga.'

    why's it gotta be manga, Feral.

    Because Japan is sexist.

    touche

    Japan is really weird about their gender and sexuality issues. Their actual society is rigid as hell, but their media doesnt reflect that at all.

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    I do like how finally the monsters in monster hunter are getting their names spoken out loud so I can lord over other players they are saying Rathian wrong.

    Wrath or Wraith?

    You sicken me!

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Sadgasm wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Why is it that I cringe when someone pronounces the first part of "manga" as if it rhymes with "bang" instead of "long", but if someone pronounces it "ah-nime" I think they're a stupid weeaboo tryhard?

    mysteries of the mind

    It's the same reason I wanted to stick my fingers in my ears every time Obama said Paaahkistaaaahn as if he'd been taught English by mary poppins, then in the same sentence said Afghanistan like he'd been raised by Ma and Pa Kent.

    Atleast Obama had an excuse, his childhood was ridiculously international, it'd be weird if he DIDNT pick up the occasional odd pronounciation

    I only lived overseas for 4ish years and I still can't shake some of the expressions.

    I learned vocational English from watching unsubtitled South Park episodes, so my English speech is this weird mix of American and Swedish accent.

    spool32
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    My wife won tickets to a bullriding competition for some reason.

    I'm here right now and struggling so hard to not be judgemental.

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Were all playing MonHun and Ludious is over here playing discount MonHun Dauntless

    Yeah playing the real thing highlights how much Dauntless has to do to even compete against real MH.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    first big haul of the year

    got

    khruangbin - con todo el mundo
    ty segall - freedom's goblin
    shopping - the official body
    jay som - pirouette 7"

    I assume these are artisanal soaps

    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I fucking hate you Canadians.
    VanguardJacobkosh
  • VanguardVanguard Je suis le savant au fauteuil sombre. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Sadgasm wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Sadgasm wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Why is it that I cringe when someone pronounces the first part of "manga" as if it rhymes with "bang" instead of "long", but if someone pronounces it "ah-nime" I think they're a stupid weeaboo tryhard?

    mysteries of the mind

    It's the same reason I wanted to stick my fingers in my ears every time Obama said Paaahkistaaaahn as if he'd been taught English by mary poppins, then in the same sentence said Afghanistan like he'd been raised by Ma and Pa Kent.

    Atleast Obama had an excuse, his childhood was ridiculously international, it'd be weird if he DIDNT pick up the occasional odd pronounciation

    I only lived overseas for 4ish years and I still can't shake some of the expressions.

    I learned vocational English from watching unsubtitled South Park episodes, so my English speech is this weird mix of American and Swedish accent.

    you're swedish?

    everything makes so much more sense now

  • VanguardVanguard Je suis le savant au fauteuil sombre. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    first big haul of the year

    got

    khruangbin - con todo el mundo
    ty segall - freedom's goblin
    shopping - the official body
    jay som - pirouette 7"

    I assume these are artisanal soaps

    dildos actually

    Feralkedinik
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD along with you if I get drunk well I know I'm gonna be gonna be the man whoRegistered User regular
    For my entire life, I've had problems with long and short A sounds.

    I switch between them erratically; sometimes I'll pronounce the same word two different ways on different days.

    "Mana" is a good example of a word that I bounce back and forth on a lot.

    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    spool32
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    kedinik wrote: »
    Sadgasm wrote: »
    kedinik wrote: »
    ahh, Ranma is so good

    Never saw the appeal of that franchise myself.

    Personally,

    1) the art and animation is p cute,

    2) the theme of a man building more empathy for women by occasionally becoming one for a while is p interesting, and seems super ahead of its time, and

    3) sometimes the humor is p funny.
    I remember reading that these days anime tends to alternate between action scenes with high-calibre animation and talky scenes where the characters barely move and that, meanwhile, ranma's animation doesn't do that, and has energetic animation from beginning to end

    anyway when I caught some of it for the first time a couple years ago I was like, oh, huh, this actually seems quite good

    wandering on
  • SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Sadgasm wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Sadgasm wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Why is it that I cringe when someone pronounces the first part of "manga" as if it rhymes with "bang" instead of "long", but if someone pronounces it "ah-nime" I think they're a stupid weeaboo tryhard?

    mysteries of the mind

    It's the same reason I wanted to stick my fingers in my ears every time Obama said Paaahkistaaaahn as if he'd been taught English by mary poppins, then in the same sentence said Afghanistan like he'd been raised by Ma and Pa Kent.

    Atleast Obama had an excuse, his childhood was ridiculously international, it'd be weird if he DIDNT pick up the occasional odd pronounciation

    I only lived overseas for 4ish years and I still can't shake some of the expressions.

    I learned vocational English from watching unsubtitled South Park episodes, so my English speech is this weird mix of American and Swedish accent.

    you're swedish?

    everything makes so much more sense now

    Oh? Which stereotypes have I adhered to?

  • VanguardVanguard Je suis le savant au fauteuil sombre. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Sadgasm wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Sadgasm wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Sadgasm wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Why is it that I cringe when someone pronounces the first part of "manga" as if it rhymes with "bang" instead of "long", but if someone pronounces it "ah-nime" I think they're a stupid weeaboo tryhard?

    mysteries of the mind

    It's the same reason I wanted to stick my fingers in my ears every time Obama said Paaahkistaaaahn as if he'd been taught English by mary poppins, then in the same sentence said Afghanistan like he'd been raised by Ma and Pa Kent.

    Atleast Obama had an excuse, his childhood was ridiculously international, it'd be weird if he DIDNT pick up the occasional odd pronounciation

    I only lived overseas for 4ish years and I still can't shake some of the expressions.

    I learned vocational English from watching unsubtitled South Park episodes, so my English speech is this weird mix of American and Swedish accent.

    you're swedish?

    everything makes so much more sense now

    Oh? Which stereotypes have I adhered to?

    the crippling, almost comical undercurrent of nihilism poking up through the floorboards of every post

    RedTide
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD along with you if I get drunk well I know I'm gonna be gonna be the man whoRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Why is it that I cringe when someone pronounces the first part of "manga" as if it rhymes with "bang" instead of "long", but if someone pronounces it "ah-nime" I think they're a stupid weeaboo tryhard?

    mysteries of the mind

    Because 'anime' is similar to (and probably derived from) the English word 'animation' so you're acclimated to that vowel sound.

    There's no analogous cognate for 'manga.'

    why's it gotta be manga, Feral.

    Because Japan is sexist.

    touche

    accomplishwoment and accomplishchildrent too

    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    spool32
  • SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Sadgasm wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Sadgasm wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Sadgasm wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Why is it that I cringe when someone pronounces the first part of "manga" as if it rhymes with "bang" instead of "long", but if someone pronounces it "ah-nime" I think they're a stupid weeaboo tryhard?

    mysteries of the mind

    It's the same reason I wanted to stick my fingers in my ears every time Obama said Paaahkistaaaahn as if he'd been taught English by mary poppins, then in the same sentence said Afghanistan like he'd been raised by Ma and Pa Kent.

    Atleast Obama had an excuse, his childhood was ridiculously international, it'd be weird if he DIDNT pick up the occasional odd pronounciation

    I only lived overseas for 4ish years and I still can't shake some of the expressions.

    I learned vocational English from watching unsubtitled South Park episodes, so my English speech is this weird mix of American and Swedish accent.

    you're swedish?

    everything makes so much more sense now

    Oh? Which stereotypes have I adhered to?

    the crippling, almost comical undercurrent of nihilism poking up through the floorboards of every post

    You people are never going to forget about The Seventh Seal, are you?

    wandering
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Alright I made a pink haired hammer waifu and a cat slave

    Tomorrow, I hun mon

    Elendil on
  • SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User regular
    Okay Sea of Thieves coming up in a few at twitch.tv/sniperguygaming !
    @So It Goes @BeNarwhal @Abdhyius @Couscous @Kid Presentable

    me and @TheKoolEagle gonna rock the ocean.

    Twitch Streaming T/W/TH and more
    Dohaeris210 on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
    Me on Steam
  • navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    navgoose wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    I do like how finally the monsters in monster hunter are getting their names spoken out loud so I can lord over other players they are saying Rathian wrong.

    Wrath or Wraith?

    You sicken me!

    It's neither? WTF I was sure it was Wrath-ian/a los

  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Not just the manga, but the womenga and the childrenga too.

    Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits!
    Feralemnmnmewandering
  • SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User regular
    Oh also @SummaryJudgment ^^

    Twitch Streaming T/W/TH and more
    Dohaeris210 on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
    Me on Steam
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    I wanted to use the plain Lance but it doesnt do enough damage/be mobile enough to play with solo.

    But you know im rocking that shit in co-op

    Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, that dang ol' internet, man, you just go in on there and point and click, talk about w-w-dot-w-com, mean you got the naked chicks on there, man, just go click, click, click, click, click, it's real easy, man.
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    The gunlamce looks pretty tempting but I dunno about dicking around with ammo

  • simonwolfsimonwolf there was a silence you took to mean somethingRegistered User regular
    Gunlance was what I mained in solo back in PSP days

  • kedinikkedinik Registered User regular
    Gunlance was my father's name

  • simonwolfsimonwolf there was a silence you took to mean somethingRegistered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    Gunlance was my father's name

    it's Doctor Gunlance to you

    kedinik
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    Gunlance was my father's name

    You have forgotten the face of your father

    RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
    kedinik
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Lance Gunn

    kedinik
  • VanguardVanguard Je suis le savant au fauteuil sombre. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    Lance Gunn

    The final boss

  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    I'm sorry but I have to post Mash Potato again.

    dJP5guV.jpg

    wanderingzepherin
  • VanguardVanguard Je suis le savant au fauteuil sombre. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    That dogs name should be spuds

    RedTide
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    does mon hun let you cosplay as guts

    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Bismuth OS Fully Operational 2019-07-12 - KeystoneRegistered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    does mon hun let you cosplay as guts

    no, but it lets you get covered in them.

  • simonwolfsimonwolf there was a silence you took to mean somethingRegistered User regular
    wKelf0m.jpg

    P1021stCenturywanderingcB557kedinikEvil Multifarious
  • simonwolfsimonwolf there was a silence you took to mean somethingRegistered User regular
    also I'm 90% sure I first saw that dog in a "fuck you lookin at keep scrolling" twitter post

1457910100
This discussion has been closed.