As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

AQUA-PAX: A SEA++ Journey to Mexico

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Would it be possible to include some cost information to the OP? Just a brief cabin size/cost breakdown or something?

Looks like the minimum cost is $527. That's not that bad! I'd imagine food and liquor will run about $80 a day or so if you're being a glutton, yeah? So figure just south of $1000?

Food?

Dude, have you been on a cruise?

The food is already paid for and endless.

The only time you ever pay for food is if you go to the fancy fancy restaurant.

I went on one to Alaska and the buffet and regular fine dining restaurant were both included, and you could put in reservations for the later instead of just waiting for a free table which was nice.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    This sounds terrible. If I can throw in cash over the year, might be able to swing this while planning for Mansion Pax South next January as well.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    i am very good with money

off the bat a deposit of 450 dollars is due upon booking a stateroom. the rest of the trip cost needs to be paid off by march 6, 2019.

the breakdown of price per person: you'll have your base price (this fluctuates depending on when/where you book) plus 94.90 in taxes and fees per person so, if we were going with the 216 dollar ticket, the total would be 310.90 per person.

if you chose to room alone, that price will go up by 200 dollars.

the base price per person actually goes down if you have a third person in your room. i just chose a room at random and the third bed in a 269 dollar room only is 109 dollars more (plus the 94.90.) so having a third person would make it the exact same cost as a 216 dollar room. that's about 50 bucks cheaper per person!

you can also choose to pay for an entire room's gratuities for the duration of the trip upon booking. for a three person room, that comes out to $155.40 that would be divided, i'd hope, by whomever is sharing the room with you. i'd only recommend taking this option if you don't plan on getting a drinking pass and do plan on eating at the fancy restaurant

the drink pass is 57 dollars a day. you would purchase this as you board and choose which days you wanted to use it. considering mixed drinks are almost 9 bucks without gratuity, it'd be stupid not to buy it,

the food is free, again, unless you think you're better'n me and wanna go to the fancy restaurant

short version: cram as many people as you can in your room. buy a drink pass, and don't pretend you're fancy, and this trip will cost you less than 500 dollars (sans travel)

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Slacker71Slacker71 subgenius RentonRegistered User regular
    Would it be possible to include some cost information to the OP? Just a brief cabin size/cost breakdown or something?

Looks like the minimum cost is $527. That's not that bad! I'd imagine food and liquor will run about $80 a day or so if you're being a glutton, yeah? So figure just south of $1000?

Food?

The buffet and dining room are include with the room, but there are usually premium options like a Steak house on board that are extra.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    If I lived anywhere near Long Beach id be all over this unfortunately the fucking flight out there would cost more that the cruise.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Slacker71 wrote: »

Food?

The buffet and dining room are include with the room, but there are usually premium options like a Steak house on board that are extra.

Yeah but like, who's goin to that when we already get a good multi-course dining room meal and like 30 buffets?

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I would absolutely love to go on this cruise but Megan and I are having our first baby this September

The rest of y’all have fun for me!

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Man. Boats. The Ocean.

Augh.

But AJ does make a compelling pitch

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Looks like a lot of fun. But my son's birthday is May 12th, and traveling right before that may not work so well. Will have to think on this a bit.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    Looks like a lot of fun. But my son's birthday is May 12th, and traveling right before that may not work so well. Will have to think on this a bit.

My son's birthday is May 12th.

Give me back my son's birthday!

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I'm looking at the drink ticket price and they're saying it's 57 bucks + an addtional 15% gratuity per day which makes it a little bit more expensive. You can also pre-purchase it online for 52 bucks +15% gratuity but it's non-refundable. Good news is you can pre-purchase it as late as the day before you leave.

• Options
    NeoToma wrote: »
    Man. Boats. The Ocean.

Augh.

But AJ does make a compelling pitch

rob you have to come

i hate the sea and everything in it, but something this cheap and trashy has gotta n
    be seized every time

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular

Food?

THIS IS ENTIRELY FOREIGN TO ME AND SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE

• Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    I could do this...

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Oh, I've done this cruise before for a bachelor party. It was a lot of fun! Also it's pretty easy to sneak booze aboard as long as you're not too obvious/a jerk about it. Like when we gave our luggage to the porters before boarding, we told them we were a bachelor party and they were like 'oh boy I sure hope you aren't planning to sneak any BOOZE onto the boat!' and we all had a good laugh and then tipped them a little extra and it wasn't a problem at all.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I can swing this but I'll mull it over and see if I can make it work. Either way, I live in San Diego so would definitely be down to hang out before/after the event.

• Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    I've also done this cruise before and can confirm it was fantastic. Also I live close enough to Long Beach to not have to fly, plus my birthday is this weekend.

Hmmmmmmmm....

spono on
    640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I've done this cruise before. Was not impressed with Ensenada though. Hmm, I'll think on this.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    @Rorshach Kringle Did you look at the links in the PM Zonugal added you to?

• Options
    i have!

thanks for asking!

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Getting drunk in international waters with y'all seems like it is both a good idea and the worst idea.

Also the link in the OP leads to a cruise that's from December 8th 2019 to December 12 2019.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Even if I could pay for the cruise, I couldn't get out to Cali and back from NY I don't think. Dang.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    I've done this cruise before. Was not impressed with Ensenada though. Hmm, I'll think on this.

Yeah, Ensenada was basically one intersection's worth of activity. We happened to make friends with a local guy who ran a small bar which he opened early just for us, and then showed us around to a couple lesser known restaurants, so we avoided some of the more touristy stuff. So we lucked out and had an awesome time there, but it's not exactly a hotspot of crazy times or anything.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Getting drunk in international waters with y'all seems like it is both a good idea and the worst idea.

Also the link in the OP leads to a cruise that's from December 8th 2019 to December 12 2019.

It lists more dates down the page

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Alright, I am going to alter the second post in this thread to reflect everyone who has expressed interest.

It could be a useful resource for folks to room-match and coordinate their business.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    My god.

I mean, my god.

My brother is getting married next year and I think that's going to drain my budget like a beautiful slate-and-evergreen-themed vampire. But...

I mean, this would be some amazing shit.

Plus if I go on this and eat at Guy Fieri's restaurant maybe my friends will finally stop claiming I don't know how to eat junk food like a real American.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Sandra, join us!

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Ah geez I am still in the thick of Africa logistics and as such have no ability whatsoever to commit

Who wants to do safariPAX with me in 2020?

• Options
    Progress check!

Hey folks (folks being: @Cello, @Goose!, @Lasbrook, @Pinfeldorf, @That Dave Fella, @jgeis, @Matev, @rhylith, @NeoToma, @Ketar, @Bendery It Like Beckham, @Houk the Namebringer, @spono, @Madican, @Sorce, and @Lost Salient), how are we thinking/feeling about this?

• Options
    I'm absolutely interested but I'm still kind of bottlenecked at deciding on if I want a roommate or not. I'll know by the end of the week.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Yah, I'm running my numbers vs. others things I would like do, plus I would definitely need a roommate to pull this together.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    It is highly recommended that folks double or triple up on rooms.

• Options
    Sadly I don't think I'll be able to swing it at this point :(

But I will gladly meet up with folks before/after for some drinking/capering.

• Options
    Zonugal wrote: »

Oh absolutely, but I snore like a fucking bandsaw and I don't want to ruin anyone else's trip by having them sleep in the same room as me, unless it's someone I'm bringing, because then they know what they're getting into.

• Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Progress check!

Hey folks (folks being how are we thinking/feeling about this?

I'll be booking with @Mariisun . We're working out the details/planning out when to put down the cash.

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options

Oh absolutely, but I snore like a fucking bandsaw and I don't want to ruin anyone else's trip by having them sleep in the same room as me, unless it's someone I'm bringing, because then they know what they're getting into.

As someone who has roomed numerous times with @Rorshach Kringle, I have found the solution to be alcohol.

• Options
    i was waiting for that comment

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Yeah but you say that about everything, JD.

• Options
    because it's true

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    If anyone needs a couch to crash on before or after this thing they're more than welcome to hang at our place. We're like 8 minutes from LAX and half an hour from Long Beach (depending on traffic), unless we for some reason have to move before this time next year.