As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pokemon Go] Ultra Beast mode

1747577798087

Posts

  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Gotta say I'm not sure the new Community Box is really worth it. I mean, the three items you can buy only cost like a third of that, so you're paying like +/-450 coins for an elite fast machine. Not sure that's a good price, and also I have a few already.

    Warlock82
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    Elite TMs are the rarest item in the game though. One (?) per pvp season and one per community day bundle are your only chances I think.

    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Elite TMs were priced at a cool 1000 coins on launch. They are just there to get money from whales.

    PoGo friend code: 7835 1672 4968
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Well the St Louis event got rained out so we’re having to figure out something else to do.

    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Rami wrote: »
    Elite TMs are the rarest item in the game though. One (?) per pvp season and one per community day bundle are your only chances I think.

    Yeah but it have 3 of them and no real need to use any at present

  • pezgenpezgen Registered User regular
    edited May 22
    I’ve got about 4/5 of each elite TM, and a huge stack of both the normal ones. There aren’t many Pokémon I need to use them on, and only so many possible moves anyway, that I find using normal TMs gets me what I need.

    Oh, getting the community day moves might be useful, I guess.

    pezgen on
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited May 22
    Iirc the charged move from Bulbasaur community day was good; I guess Bewear's is good too?

    Tox on
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    In the last year or so they seem to have changed CD moves to be PVP focused, but before then most CD moves were objectively superior to regular moves.

    Personally I got burned hard on a lot of CD stuff, like the 98% Rhyhorn I evolved and fully levelled on the basis that a gen 1 pokemon wouldn't be getting a CD at this point only for them to announce it about a month later. That's happened like, 3 times.

    Honestly I kind of hate the CD moves because every time I get a perfect or near perfect pokemon I'm too afraid to evolve it just in case.

    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    The elite TMs are immensely useful if you plan on hitting PvP hard; much less so otherwise. Though there are a few CD moves that are good for raiding like that Rhyperior rock move (if I'm remembering right).

    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    As long as we're ranting, here's mine:

    I DO NOT NEED TO RECEIVE 15 HYPER POTIONS FROM A RAID THE ONLY SCENARIO IN WHICH I WOULD NEED 15 HYPER POTIONS IS IF I LOSE THE RAID AND THEN I WOULD NOT RECEIVE THE 15 HYPER POTIONS

    This on top of the rare candy nerf. I may be hitting cursed RNG but I've definitely been getting significantly less rare candy from raids lately. Getting 15 goddamn hyper potions on top of that is just a major kick to the sensitive areas.

    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    Gnome-InterruptusMNC DoverDaenrisPreacherWarlock82furlion
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I hate how they are removing the "Free" remote weekly pass. Makes me care less and less with them removing more and more of the things I liked.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
    CruorWarlock82Nobody
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited May 24
    Rami wrote: »
    In the last year or so they seem to have changed CD moves to be PVP focused, but before then most CD moves were objectively superior to regular moves.

    Personally I got burned hard on a lot of CD stuff, like the 98% Rhyhorn I evolved and fully levelled on the basis that a gen 1 pokemon wouldn't be getting a CD at this point only for them to announce it about a month later. That's happened like, 3 times.

    Honestly I kind of hate the CD moves because every time I get a perfect or near perfect pokemon I'm too afraid to evolve it just in case.

    I very much liked what they did with Stufful where it was a new pokemon and a community day at the same time. Kind of eliminates that problem and honestly IMO makes the community day more fun. Like, this last one was Alolan Geodude... I've had that Pokemon since before I even quit the last time. Not super exciting. I didn't have a shiny of it, so ok I guess? But I find it so hard to care about Alolan Geodude as a Pokemon...
    Preacher wrote: »
    I hate how they are removing the "Free" remote weekly pass. Makes me care less and less with them removing more and more of the things I liked.

    And yeah, I finally came back to this game only to have this taken away a few weeks later :( Decisions like this were a big reason I quit in the first place. (It's bad enough they ruined the gym system years ago to screw you over on coins for either not having a gym knocked out in a day, or having more than one knocked out... it literally turned the gyms from a real gameplay thing that people cared about to "let's throw a rando crap Pokemon in here because I actually want this gym to fall"... not that the original implementation was very good either)

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    PreacherGnome-Interruptus
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    And yeah, I finally came back to this game only to have this taken away a few weeks later :( Decisions like this were a big reason I quit in the first place. (It's bad enough they ruined the gym system years ago to screw you over on coins for either not having a gym knocked out in a day, or having more than one knocked out... it literally turned the gyms from a real gameplay thing that people cared about to "let's throw a rando crap Pokemon in here because I actually want this gym to fall"... not that the original implementation was very good either)

    I dunno, I went from never being able to get coins from gyms ever to getting a steady flow of coins from gyms, so that's a win in my book.

    And believe me, there are people who want to keep gyms. I know some people who always take gyms as a duo and leave in a Chansey and a Wobbofett for maximum frustration. Plus more than a few times I've tried to take a gym but someone will use up their entire stock of golden raspberries to keep them in.

    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    And yeah, I finally came back to this game only to have this taken away a few weeks later :( Decisions like this were a big reason I quit in the first place. (It's bad enough they ruined the gym system years ago to screw you over on coins for either not having a gym knocked out in a day, or having more than one knocked out... it literally turned the gyms from a real gameplay thing that people cared about to "let's throw a rando crap Pokemon in here because I actually want this gym to fall"... not that the original implementation was very good either)

    I dunno, I went from never being able to get coins from gyms ever to getting a steady flow of coins from gyms, so that's a win in my book.

    And believe me, there are people who want to keep gyms. I know some people who always take gyms as a duo and leave in a Chansey and a Wobbofett for maximum frustration. Plus more than a few times I've tried to take a gym but someone will use up their entire stock of golden raspberries to keep them in.

    Look, those are my 400 golden raspberries and I'll do with them as I please.

    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
    IvelliusPreacherMNC DovercloudeagleSpoitDaenris
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited May 24
    Huh, that feels a bit soon.. they don't even have the other monkey or the ugly fish in yet (among other things). Hell, they don't even have Mimikyu, the best gen 7 pokemon in yet...

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Apparently the remote raid passes being an every week thing was always meant to be temporary and the weekly 1 coin box will be rotating through different stuff. I'm mostly cool with that. The small box having 2 remote raid passes is cool, although the premium battle pass is lame (them again free stardust)

  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Apparently the remote raid passes being an every week thing was always meant to be temporary and the weekly 1 coin box will be rotating through different stuff. I'm mostly cool with that. The small box having 2 remote raid passes is cool, although the premium battle pass is lame (them again free stardust)

    Plus the first non-pass weekly bundle was three super incubators, which takes away the sting. Still sucks a bit but I understand the reasoning. At least it's not like reverting the pokestop interaction distance.

    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    Tox
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    Apparently the remote raid passes being an every week thing was always meant to be temporary and the weekly 1 coin box will be rotating through different stuff. I'm mostly cool with that. The small box having 2 remote raid passes is cool, although the premium battle pass is lame (them again free stardust)

    Plus the first non-pass weekly bundle was three super incubators, which takes away the sting. Still sucks a bit but I understand the reasoning. At least it's not like reverting the pokestop interaction distance.

    Yeah but I was worried because if the box was just gonna be a bunch of super incubators every week I was gonna be Very Annoyed seeing as I'm working remote now and basically never leave the house

    Preacher
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I was sad when I caught a second shiny shadow Cubone a week or so ago since I would have preferred a different shiny shadow Pokemon, but today I got to evolve that little guy into a shiny shadow Alolan Marowak and that's cool as hell.

    Ruldar
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I would kill for super incubators every week that shit is impossible to get f2p

    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    CruorCapt Howdy
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited May 28
    I'd love for Niantic to justify that 80CP one star gutter trash Ratata busting out of three excellent throws in a row.

    Edit - and then staying in the ball for a no bonus throw after the little shit moved as I released.

    Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
    Gnome-InterruptusWarlock82
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Can anybody confirm the thing I've heard where, at the start of the month, if you have no Rocket-related special researches, it'll trigger an older one?

    Apparently that's a thing? But I don't think I had any of those special researches open at the start of May and I didn't get one. As of now all I have not completed is Thousand Year Journey for Jirachi, which I assume isn't Rocket-related?

    Just wondering if I should get my hopes up.

  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    That's not true. I've started countless months without any special research, much less rocket related ones. Also old rocket questlines can't even work, because Giovanni always has the same final mon for everyone. You can only catch his current legendary.

    PoGo friend code: 7835 1672 4968
    pezgenCapt HowdyGnome-Interruptus
  • pezgenpezgen Registered User regular
    Yeah, I’ve never encountered that, and I’ve definitely had many many months without an active Rocket quest.

    Capt Howdy
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited May 31
    Okay yeah that's what I figured and no idea where I read that originally.

    Also new event is going live - you can now get candy XL from catching pokemon.

    Looks like magikarps back on the me-...wait

    e: this is sub level 40, btw. I believe you can now get candy XL starting at level 31

    Tox on
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I got some XL candy from hatching some stuff, I was very confused but hey, now I have some XL candy for my Tyranitar.

    ToxRuldar
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Yeah, you can get XL candy from hatches, walking (the higher level your buddy, the greater the chances), and raids (if you're lucky).

    The XL candy grind is still utterly insane, though. I'm building up my army of PvE mons to level 40 and calling it good. Also making peace with never being able to be competitive in the Master league.

    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    You know, I was trying to think what the next community day could be and it occurs to me that Alola has a lot of non-evolving Pokemon. If they wanted to do something akin to Stufful day (i.e. a new Alolan Pokemon) their choices are somewhat limited, though there's a handful of decent options left. Something like Bounsweet could be pretty great. Or Sandyghast. Or Crabrawler. (Jangmo-o I'm sure they will save for later). Somehow I feel we're gonna get like, Alolan Vulpix or something tho :/

    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    You know, I was trying to think what the next community day could be and it occurs to me that Alola has a lot of non-evolving Pokemon. If they wanted to do something akin to Stufful day (i.e. a new Alolan Pokemon) their choices are somewhat limited, though there's a handful of decent options left. Something like Bounsweet could be pretty great. Or Sandyghast. Or Crabrawler. (Jangmo-o I'm sure they will save for later). Somehow I feel we're gonna get like, Alolan Vulpix or something tho :/

    Jangmo-o is already out! Rare in eggs and extra-rare in the wild. And I caught him on the first day of release! Behold my amazing luck!

    *Catches my 47,000th non-shiny Dunsparce*

    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited June 1
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Yeah, you can get XL candy from hatches, walking (the higher level your buddy, the greater the chances), and raids (if you're lucky).

    The XL candy grind is still utterly insane, though. I'm building up my army of PvE mons to level 40 and calling it good. Also making peace with never being able to be competitive in the Master league.

    I feel like not having to wait 10 whole levels to start grinding candy XL will help, at least some, in the long run. I was very unhappy to discover I was just "stuck" at level 40 pokes for a whole 10 levels. I'm still level 35, so it's still gonna be a long grind, bit it could be worse and I'm focusing on that

    Tox on
    Ruldar
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    You know, I was trying to think what the next community day could be and it occurs to me that Alola has a lot of non-evolving Pokemon. If they wanted to do something akin to Stufful day (i.e. a new Alolan Pokemon) their choices are somewhat limited, though there's a handful of decent options left. Something like Bounsweet could be pretty great. Or Sandyghast. Or Crabrawler. (Jangmo-o I'm sure they will save for later). Somehow I feel we're gonna get like, Alolan Vulpix or something tho :/

    Jangmo-o is already out! Rare in eggs and extra-rare in the wild. And I caught him on the first day of release! Behold my amazing luck!

    *Catches my 47,000th non-shiny Dunsparce*

    Ah, I haven't seen it yet T_T

    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    They released all the shiny versions of the Gen 5 starters in community days last year, I think? I figure there's a good chance we see the same for the Gen 6 set this time around, we're not in the Alola themed season anymore, so there's no reason they have to stick to Alolan mons necessarily.

  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    They released all the shiny versions of the Gen 5 starters in community days last year, I think? I figure there's a good chance we see the same for the Gen 6 set this time around, we're not in the Alola themed season anymore, so there's no reason they have to stick to Alolan mons necessarily.

    Really I wouldn't try to make any sort of guess as to what Niantic does, especially since they're in "oh shit, we're running out of Pokemon but we've gotta keep people playing" mode. We'll probably be in for more disappointing Community Days going forward than not. Dunsparce Community Day!

    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Also iirc the "classic" community day with Bulbasaur was kinda popular so they may do more of those, basically redoing older community days

  • DaenrisDaenris Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Can anybody confirm the thing I've heard where, at the start of the month, if you have no Rocket-related special researches, it'll trigger an older one?

    Apparently that's a thing? But I don't think I had any of those special researches open at the start of May and I didn't get one. As of now all I have not completed is Thousand Year Journey for Jirachi, which I assume isn't Rocket-related?

    Just wondering if I should get my hopes up.

    That definitely was the case when they originally started with the team rocket leaders and the special research. It may have changed since then, especially because there was a time where I think they stopped it temporarily. Though their help page seems to indicate that it is still the case all the way at the bottom:
    https://niantic.helpshift.com/hc/en/6-pokemon-go/faq/2102-team-go-rocket-leaders-giovanni/

  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Daenris wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    Can anybody confirm the thing I've heard where, at the start of the month, if you have no Rocket-related special researches, it'll trigger an older one?

    Apparently that's a thing? But I don't think I had any of those special researches open at the start of May and I didn't get one. As of now all I have not completed is Thousand Year Journey for Jirachi, which I assume isn't Rocket-related?

    Just wondering if I should get my hopes up.

    That definitely was the case when they originally started with the team rocket leaders and the special research. It may have changed since then, especially because there was a time where I think they stopped it temporarily. Though their help page seems to indicate that it is still the case all the way at the bottom:
    https://niantic.helpshift.com/hc/en/6-pokemon-go/faq/2102-team-go-rocket-leaders-giovanni/

    I'll be honest, I think I've gotten like two of those rocket piece things ever. I have no clue how any of that is supposed to work. I think I literally quit playing just before they added the rocket stuff so I dunno how you are even supposed to do it :P

    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited June 2
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Daenris wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    Can anybody confirm the thing I've heard where, at the start of the month, if you have no Rocket-related special researches, it'll trigger an older one?

    Apparently that's a thing? But I don't think I had any of those special researches open at the start of May and I didn't get one. As of now all I have not completed is Thousand Year Journey for Jirachi, which I assume isn't Rocket-related?

    Just wondering if I should get my hopes up.

    That definitely was the case when they originally started with the team rocket leaders and the special research. It may have changed since then, especially because there was a time where I think they stopped it temporarily. Though their help page seems to indicate that it is still the case all the way at the bottom:
    https://niantic.helpshift.com/hc/en/6-pokemon-go/faq/2102-team-go-rocket-leaders-giovanni/

    I'll be honest, I think I've gotten like two of those rocket piece things ever. I have no clue how any of that is supposed to work. I think I literally quit playing just before they added the rocket stuff so I dunno how you are even supposed to do it :P

    Beat up a Rocket Grunt and you'll get a Rocket piece. Get six pieces and you'll get a Rocket Radar. Equip the Rocket Radar and tap on the icon, and it'll show you the pokestop where the leader is. If there's no leader, move to another area and try again. Go online to figure out what Pokemon this particular leader will have to cut down on the trial and error. Oh, and be sure you have an egg slot open, either in the regular or the bonus area - Rocket Leaders are the only way to get 12KM eggs, which are the only way to get certain Pokemon like Slazzle and Sandile.

    Oh, the only way to fight Giovanni is to have a Super Rocket Radar, and the only way to get one of those is through special research.

    Edit: you can also get regular Rocket Radars through special research. You'll also typically get one if you fork over the 99 cents during Community Day.

    cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Love having 7 pokes in gyms for a week, only to have them all kicked out in the same day.

    Honestly makes me wanna not bother

    Preacher
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Also iirc the "classic" community day with Bulbasaur was kinda popular so they may do more of those, basically redoing older community days

    Be nice if they did a Feebas or Noibat community day/spotlight hour......

    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
    Preacher
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited June 2
    Yeah I don’t get “running out of Pokémon” for community days. If nothing else they can make some of the really hard-to-find ones (like Jangmo-o) actually show up, or do something funky like have a region-exclusive swap-day. I’d like to catch a Tauros someday too, y’know…

    Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    Gnome-InterruptusMagell
Sign In or Register to comment.