As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Art Bell of [Coast To Coast AM] passes away

I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boomRegistered User regular

Coast To Coast AM is an iconic piece of radio and the perfect late-night talk station, and though he's been retired for some time, his influence on the great fun of the paranormal is worth saluting

Bucketman

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    I loved how he would weave ideas out of his guest's information and help them tell their stories

sometimes it was an amazing discovery in quantum physics and sometimes it was a conspiracy on the masses

but he was the best radio host there ever will be

RIP

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ViN2bRGrBx8

Xehalus on
    jgeis
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I guess I'll drive out into the desert tonight and listen to some old shows as tribute.

Bucketman
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I spent a lot of my teen years baling hay in the middle of the night. Art Bell and his unerring instinct for interesting weirdos got me through a lot of hours. He also had a really good storytelling method of "hint, don't show or tell" that still informs a lot of Internet horror today.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    BucketmanjgeisSweeney TomDisruptedCapitalistChicoBlue
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    damn :(

what a poopy endcap for a poopy week

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    He was definitely one of the more interesting radio personalities. I think it wouldn't be a stretch to say he was one of the four pillars of radio, just the late night one

Xehalus