Options

[Steam]: Where games are collected and sometimes even played!

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Feel bad having beaten shadiw warrior, duke nukem, and first doom.

Really the peak of that type of game.

What was the nane of bombshell's game?

Ion Maiden.

Also, have you played Blood yet?

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Is the Denuvo on that really anything to worry about? It looks really, really nice... and kittehs!

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Is the Denuvo on that really anything to worry about? It looks really, really nice... and kittehs!

I've got a few games that use Denuvo, and I've not had a problem with it.

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    I just heard it can eat SSDs, and I use one for my main drive (all of my Steam stuff is on my huge HDD).

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    I just heard it can eat SSDs, and I use one for my main drive (all of my Steam stuff is on my huge HDD).

Same, well, similar: my Steam games stuff is all on my D: SSHD, my C: SSD is just boot drive/program files. So I 'unno. I'm sure someone here can offer better info.

Jazz on
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Yep, blew through my 2 hour refund window and barely through character creation.

>.>

You made the right choice.
    I mean, will DQH2 give you a pig friend who gazes at you this lovingly? I think not.

GRldTCO.jpg

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Yep, blew through my 2 hour refund window and barely through character creation.

>.>

So you're saying MHW also includes Conan's dong sliders?

• Options
    Also, lighting the @Mudzgut torch, since we hit 99 pages already

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Feel bad having beaten shadiw warrior, duke nukem, and first doom.

Really the peak of that type of game.

What was the nane of bombshell's game?

Ion Maiden.

Also, have you played Blood yet?

Nope, gog wishlist

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

Denuvo is harmless. And the SSD thing was a myth.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

Denuvo WILL have a minor impact on CPU bound games if you don't have a beefy CPU, but that's about it apparently.

• Options
    ZpkNevf.png

Dammit @Zavian!

Also, thanks! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    5 hours later... I have a character!

It didn't take 12 hours! Success!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Honestly that looks as good as any of the new Final Fantasy character designs.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Honestly that looks as good as any of the new Final Fantasy character designs.

Needs more belts.

• Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular

Awesome,you joined the freckles club too.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    92bypu150gv1.jpg

Mugsley on
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular

Did you make one, then find out in gameplay that the lighting in the character creator is pretty deceptive and have to go back and remake? Cause that was me when I got it on release for PS4, and I was so annoyed.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Drascin wrote: »

Did you make one, then find out in gameplay that the lighting in the character creator is pretty deceptive and have to go back and remake? Cause that was me when I got it on release for PS4, and I was so annoyed.

Yes. That's why it took 5 hours. I wasted the first 2 hours on the first character to discover that what looked like a natural but pale skin tone turned out in game to be nuclear white.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Handkor wrote: »

Awesome,you joined the freckles club too.

If freckles are an option, always choose freckles.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Proud of myself. Managed to resist the siren's call of Monster Hunter (of which I am a huge fan), and actually beat a game on my backlog! One I clearly should have played years ago...

Transistor was amazing. I absolutely loved it.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    Grove wrote: »
    Proud of myself. Managed to resist the siren's call of Monster Hunter (of which I am a huge fan), and actually beat a game on my backlog! One I clearly should have played years ago...

And now you can buy Monster Hunter!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Grove wrote: »

And now you can buy Monster Hunter!

You have now become the very Monster you claim to hunt!!

I think I'm gonna try to beat a few more short games before diving in. Though, it will make a great game to play until Red Dead 2 in late October.

Grove on
    Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Yes. That's why it took 5 hours. I wasted the first 2 hours on the first character to discover that what looked like a natural but pale skin tone turned out in game to be nuclear white.

I almost hate to tell you that you can change your visuals once you are in game. Not skin tone though, so you'd probably have remade anyway. Just hair, eyebrows, fair, makeup, clothes.

Also, if you didn't already see this, there are a few free thingies:
    8ei4syq6kx9v.jpg

vamen on
  • Options
    vamen wrote: »

I almost hate to tell you that you can change your visuals once you are in game. Not skin tone though, so you'd probably have remade anyway. Just hair, eyebrows, fair, makeup, clothes.

Yes, I found that. But that doesn't help with fundamental issues like shape or tone.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Busy week (aren't they all, lately), so catching up on thread.
    Veagle wrote: »
    Man the writing for Yakuza 0 is just so good! I want to take a screenshot whenever there is a hilarious line, but then I'm just going to have the entire game in my screenshot folder.
    F57F3904AB480AF12E3A8E07E6A615FDEA2E60C6

"Press [E] to introspect"

• Options
    @Tremor - Fine hunting today =). Sorry I kept walking in front of your shots, been a long time since I played with a ranged player.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Finished Banner Saga 3. It was very good except the end wasn't as good as the lead-up to it
    Didn't really care for the love story part
    Also I'm sure I got the worst ending possible, like, the ending of Das Boot, bad.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    vamen wrote: »
    Tremor - Fine hunting today =). Sorry I kept walking in front of your shots, been a long time since I played with a ranged player.

Are... are you a Fallout 4 companion??

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    mildlymorbidmildlymorbid Registered User regular
    In before it closes.

For my troubles, @Heatwave thought I should have Wizard of Legend.

At6t5nq.png

Thanks Heatwave for scratching dat Roguelite itch.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Finished Unavowed. I liked certain plot developments, but I do kind of have to question the team of supernatural investigators you end up with.
    A recently-possessed person.

A half-Jinn who's also a living lie detector.

A Fire Mage who can do more with fire than just burn things.

A guy with a ghost sidekick who can actually talk to ghosts and help them find peace.

A Cop.

~ One of these is not like the others ~

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    My mother did buy me monster hunter, so I suppose I'll be joining the hunt with the rest of you scrubs soon.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Imma hop on this magic carpet and blow shit up

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    The Aladdin remake we deserve.

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular

Denuvo WILL have a minor impact on CPU bound games if you don't have a beefy CPU, but that's about it apparently.

FWIW, I'm running Monster Hunter World on a six year old i5-3570K without issues.

Did you notice you can change the lighting in the character creator? Or is that still not representative of what it looks like in the game proper?

• Options
    Frem wrote: »

FWIW, I'm running Monster Hunter World on a six year old i5-3570K without issues.

Did you notice you can change the lighting in the character creator? Or is that still not representative of what it looks like in the game proper?

I did. It doesn't match the really bright sun that I was greeted with early in the game.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Frem wrote: »

I did. It doesn't match the really bright sun that I was greeted with early in the game.

Yeah, the lighting in game is quite a bit different in the sunlight first few areas. There are dark places/zones, and time progresses in game, so it can be dark or rainy out. HDR tends to make you shine really brightly in bright sun if you are white though. It's not a bad idea to choose a skin color a few shades darker. Luckily I knew about this from the ps4 days, and my hunterbro is good looking in all lighting. Man-eyeliner and freckles 4 lyfe.

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    @Pixelated Pixie decided to randomly gift me, for no reason.
    tqrwwszz8r6e.jpg
    Thank you! This looks pretty neat.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lord_MordjaLord_Mordja Registered User regular
    So Hunt Showdown still has 18 hours on its free weekend left and I strongly encourage everyone give it a try. It's awesome, very tense and intense and probably the most atmospheric multiplayer game I've ever played.