As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Call Blockers?

urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R haterRegistered User regular
Hi there.

I have an Android phone (Pixel 2 to be exact) and am in need of a good call blocking application. I've been using aFirewall Blocker for about a year but recently it's just simply stopped working. I've tried reinstalling it and it still doesn't block anything. Yesterday I received 5 phone calls from suspected spam callers. I already got one today.

I'm tired of seeing them. There has to be an app out there that will let me block unknown callers that doesn't seem shady. Does anyone have any suggestions?

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Turns out the Do Not Disturb mode has the ability to whitelist your contacts. Thanks @bowen

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Not sure if you're still looking for an app, but I ended up buying CallControl for my Android after getting a lot of spam calls, and have been very happy with it.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Not sure if you're still looking for an app, but I ended up buying CallControl for my Android after getting a lot of spam calls, and have been very happy with it.

I've heard good things about it. I'm going to see if DnD works for me before I buy it. I've received 6 spam calls today alone.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    CallControl is (or was) good, but they started to require an account, which makes me wonder what potentially nefarious things they might do with so much harvested contact list data from users, like (ironically) selling that data to 'preferred' telemarketers.

I'm only suspicious of this because other apps have tried to pull that shit in the past, so FYI.