As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Michael Cohen] Cohen cooperating conditionally, could connect POTUS

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    The civil case stay was predicated on the criminal charges Cohen was facing. With that resolved, there's no justification for the stay.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Oh boy Avenatti's back

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Heartlash wrote: »
    august wrote: »
    Avenatti seems to think this will make it easier to get the president under oath. No idea how rwalstic this is though:

Avenatti is a sideshow. State and Federal prosecutors are doing the real work, here.

Court of public opinion matters.

A lot.

Impeachment is a political process, not a legal one.

We cannot afford to not attack on both fronts.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Avenatti seems to think this will make it easier to get the president under oath. No idea how rwalstic this is though:

Avenatti is a sideshow. State and Federal prosecutors are doing the real work, here.
    He's also an actual lawyer and probably has more to cite to back up what he says than most of us.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

Avenatti is a fantastic harasser, in the sense of "attacking at the flanks and getting your opponent to make mistakes."

• Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    I don’t know if they’re just catching up on everything that’s been breaking or what, but a Washington Post reporter just tweeted this.

A national political reporter for Bloomberg responded exactly the way pretty much all of us did in our heads

*edit* And as the minutes tick by, the editor in Chief at Mother Jones weighs in!

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    "Stand by for news" is a huge belly flop 99% of the time.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »

Avenatti is a fantastic harasser, in the sense of "attacking at the flanks and getting your opponent to make mistakes."

I don't know how much credit we should give to Avenatti when the opponent making mistakes is Trump and his colleagues, considering how Trump & company can't go a week without creating a controversy without any outside prompting.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    "Standby for news" being said in the era of the 24/7 news cycle is a doozy.

• Options
    "Stand by for news" is a huge belly flop 99% of the time.

Honestly, if it weren’t the Washington Post I wouldn’t even have bothered.

But it’s still pretty funny in and of itself, so I figured there’s no harm. What a night, eh?

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Elvenshae wrote: »

I don't know how much credit we should give to Avenatti when the opponent making mistakes is Trump and his colleagues, considering how Trump & company can't go a week without creating a controversy without any outside prompting.

There are some briar patches we'd rather he jump into first tho. Nothing wrong with encouraging him.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Its Two-fer Tuesday. Any additional news would have to wait until Thursday. This is Common Law.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Quite a day to be attending a talk on ethics in public policy

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Henroid wrote: »
    "Standby for news" being said in the era of the 24/7 news cycle is a doozy.

It's literally the only thing most of us do these days, in between panic attacks.

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »

"We'd like to open this up to audience questions now. You, in the front?"

"Oh, uh, thanks. I just, uh, have the one question. So, like ... *gesture at the world with a wave* What the hell?"

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    It's not on topic for this thread. Just the president's chief economic adviser hosting white supremacists at his home.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Oh! The news broke! It’s not Cohen related. A Trump advisor (Larry Kudlow?) hosted a publisher of white nationalists in his home.

I’ll see if it belongs in any current thread. In the meantime - move along! Nothing to see here! Move along!

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »

I'm reminded of the climax of The Big Short.

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular

A side show that smoked out cohen and helped get 8 guilty pleas.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »

Jim Acosta is CNN's Chief White House Correspondent

When has the truth ever slowed down the trump admin?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Washington Post reporter:

Who could Individual 1 possibly be?

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »

Jim Acosta is CNN's Chief White House Correspondent

When has the truth ever slowed down the trump admin?

It'll 100% be "Cohen is a liar and Manafort's trial had nothing to do with collusion".

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Washington Post reporter:

Who could Individual 1 possibly be?

hqdefault.jpg

• Options
    I know this forum frowns on POTUS nicknames, but can we please be allowed to refer to him as Individual 1 from now on?

• Options
    HiroconHirocon Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    I know this forum frowns on POTUS nicknames, but can we please be allowed to refer to him as Individual 1 from now on?

Who?

Hirocon on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Hirocon wrote: »

Who?

The coffee boy

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    I knew this was coming, sooner or later, one way or another, but I’m still having a hard time grasping the enormity of The President of the United States being named as part of a criminal conspiracy.

By his own lawyer!

• Options
    The plea documents are here:
    https://www.lawfareblog.com/document-michael-cohen-plea-agreement

b7oddbrewlwg.png
    Would this open up the National Enquirer to any legal liability?

• Options
    The National Enquirer chairman told Cohen to tear up the agreement. He didn't and the agreement was found by the SDNY.
    4vo8vdkgd6md.png
    These are not the best criminal masterminds.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    The National Enquirer chairman told Cohen to tear up the agreement. He didn't and the agreement was found by the SDNY.
    4vo8vdkgd6md.png

In criminal fucking conspiracies, it’s best to take notes

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    So what you’re telling me here is that Mike was supposed to Burn After Reading?

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    They should’ve watched Get Smart or Mission Impossible, “This message will self destruct in 30 seconds.”

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    This plea document is an incredible read.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    This administration will self destruct in...

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Reminder, by the way, that Michael Cohen, currently pleading guilty to campaign finance crimes, was Deputy Finance Chair of the RNC.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Henroid wrote: »

He's also an actual lawyer and probably has more to cite to back up what he says than most of us.

This also gives him a connection between his own case and the POTUS, which is an interesting opening.

Like, I know it's hard to keep perspective here, but Avenatti is literally working on a case about how President of the United States Trump worked to pay off his client. He's directly connected to this case.

Avenatti can be doing actual real work here in building this story.

shryke on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    4vo8vdkgd6md.png

Somewhere, Stringer Bell is crying in his hands.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    4vo8vdkgd6md.png

Somewhere, Stringer Bell is crying in his hands.

https://youtu.be

/pBdGOrcUEg8

My wife almost feel out of her seat laughing at this. Fine work @BlackDragon480

So It Goes on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    The Senior White House correspondent for Time magazine has one hell of a quote from Michael Cohen’s lawyer.

“If those payments were a crime for Michael Cohen, they why wouldn’t they be a crime for Donald Trump?”

As Stephen Colbert said, when your lawyer needs a lawyer... you need a lawyer.

This discussion has been closed.