Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Recording Skype calls on an iPad?

ThirithThirith Registered User regular
For the podcast I'm doing (A Damn Fine Cup of Culture), me and my co-podcaster use Skype to talk and Audacity to record each of the voices individually. Since Skype has this annoying habit of changing the recording volume for the entire system, we're skyping via iPad (me) and phone (my friend). This works very well - but there's one thing I'm constantly worried about, namely one or the other PC crashing or Audacity freezing. At present we don't have a backup recording, but I'm thinking it would be great if I could record the Skype conversation as a backup. The sound quality would be considerably worse, but that'd still be better than not having a recording at all.

Is this feasible with an iPad and with Skype? If so, what app would you recommend for doing this (unless Skype has a recording function built in on iOS, which I doubt)?

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
"Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods