Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Headphone woes

I've posted a similar thing a few years ago, but technology has gotten better, and trends have gotten worse, so I'm hoping that maybe someone has a different suggestion now.

So I can't do earbuds or in-ear headphones. Just about every different version I've tried has made the entire left half of my face get incredibly sore and super hot (and splotchy red) in about 10-15 minutes of use.

I've been using the Motorola S305, which has been great. They fall apart in 8-12 months, but they are cheap enough that I would just buy another pair.

My most recent pair has just died, and unfortunately it seems they are no longer being made, which means I need to find a new go-to.

With every fiber of my being I just want an airpod version of this but apparently no one else does because as far as I can tell nobody makes them.

All of the S305-alikes I can find look like knock-offs from companies I've never heard of before, or are just earbuds with a neck band.

I have a set of bigger, over-the-ear headphones that I use at home and are fine, but they are too big for casual out-of-the-house use.

Please, oh please let someone know of something that will work. The entire industry seems to be built around either in-ear stuff I literally cannot wear, and giant studio headphones that are miserable for casual use.

Thanks

• twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    Do you know if bone conduction will work for you? I have a pair of these: https://aftershokz.com/ (the titanium version), and they're great.

• XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    Honestly I haven't tried. That's something to look at for sure.

I don't think I've ever seen a display model that does bone conduction at like a bestbuy or anything and I'm a little scared of putting out $100 without trying it.