As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Where to find good beer in Vancouver BC.

vhannroyvhannroy Registered User regular
I will be going up to Vancouver BC this weekend for a soccer game (go Timbers!) and am looking for recommendations on breweries I should visit. I did a quick google search and there are a boat load up there so hoping to narrow down the field a little. I will have the ability to get around so as long as it is not to far away from the city center it should not be a problem.

• Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    Steam works in Gas town was pretty good when I was there 4 or 5 years ago. There's also a brewery on Granville island, that good, but my favorite drinking thing I did when I was there is the sake maker on Granville island. I'm not a huge sake drinker, but the stuff there was just out of this world good.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    I am not a beer drinker, but I've heard good things about the beer at this place

https://www.stormbrewing.org

They enthusiastically cultivate their sketchy appearance.

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    I'd just pop on to Untapped and check out the highest rated beers in the area. Let that guide you.

• Options
    Steam works in Gas town was pretty good when I was there 4 or 5 years ago. There's also a brewery on Granville island, that good, but my favorite drinking thing I did when I was there is the sake maker on Granville island. I'm not a huge sake drinker, but the stuff there was just out of this world good.

Sweet. I was looking at a few on Granville. Thanks for the heads up on the same maker. I think that tipped the scales to head there.

• Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    If you are going to Granville Island and want fish and chips, then I recommend stopping by the stand near the marina between the Granville and Burrard bridges, a bit west of Granville Island. The other ones are fine, but the Go Fish stand is the best.

For burgers, I would suggest the stand in the marketplace near the soup and craft stands, in a different wing from most if the rest of the food court. They use high quality ingredients and the price is pretty reasonable for a gourmet burger.

• Options
    Thank you for all the suggestions. I ended up drinking all around Granville including the sake joint and a gin distillery. I also checked out gastown and pretty much every brewery down in that area including steamworks. Thanks again!