As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Also today is the day where you find out what 3 or 5 mythril is really worth to you: Magicite quests expire today. Sure I'd like 3 mythril but soooo lazy.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    ah shit.

oh whew i only need 3 more, that's ok, i can do that.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    The misses on XV and Type-0 made me desperate for physical lightning aids, so I pulled on XIII.

4/11 - Hope LMR, Hope OSB, Vanille USB1, Lightning AOSB

Hope stuff is useless. Vanille's thing is highly situational given my Larsa access but interesting (plus she's dived from ye olden dayes). Lightning AOSB is handy...hopefully it's enough.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Oh dear. My FFIX pull was not so hot. 1/11 Freya BSB. I already have her USB, so this is just stats.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Six more magicites. Maybe I just won't pull on any more realm banners and call it even.

38thDoE on steam

• LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    I'm murdering Sealion over and over to get the magicites done. Got the kill time to around 15 seconds, so only takes a minute or two each full run, depending on load times. Annoying but easy.

So, Ramza is getting an Arcane Overstrike which involves him performing a combo with Delita. Normally, the move ends with the two high-fiveing to celebrate. If Ramza is wearing his Mercenary wardrobe record, Delita will be wearing some shiny gold armor himself, and the animation doesn't end quite so happily.

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Hmm, Vanille is going to have a pretty wild set of tools but the time 4th Anniversary rolls out.

The fact that she's also getting bumped up to Support 4 is going to be a big part of that as well.

Hmm, Vanille is going to have a pretty wild set of tools but the time 4th Anniversary rolls out.

The fact that she's also getting bumped up to Support 4 is going to be a big part of that as well.

That's got me seriously thinking about the XIII selection for the full throttle draw. Wrathable instant heal is always nice.

Enlong wrote: Β»

That's got me seriously thinking about the XIII selection for the full throttle draw. Wrathable instant heal is always nice.

Depending on which tools you have/may someday have, there's also Astra/proshellga (sadly not instant), mblink (also not instant), last stand, and regenga so she can cover a pretty wide range of heal + "other desirable effect".

With Rosa getting new stuff for 4th, and Elarra for next fest, there's some nice options on the table if you can score some relics.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    So, Ramza is getting an Arcane Overstrike which involves him performing a combo with Delita. Normally, the move ends with the two high-fiveing to celebrate. If Ramza is wearing his Mercenary wardrobe record, Delita will be wearing some shiny gold armor himself, and the animation doesn't end quite so happily.

Love it. I really liked Delia's Holy Knight sprite.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Speaking of Vanille, I just did a realm pull on XIII.

2/11, one disco - Lightning BSB2 (dupe), Vanille USB2! Another instant medica with Last Stand, nice!

My Vanille now has her BSB1 and both USBs. I'm seriously debating a dive for her, since she's in line for good buffs.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    @Darklyre she's my main healer currently thanks to both here BSB1 and only her USB2. I really LOVE that I LDed her. She's really good with double cast white and using her BSB command she usually heals my whole party with a double cast group heal.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    I've got Vanille's USB1 and both BSBs and will probably eventually dive her one day.

To be honest, I have a stacked healers deck though so I'm not in a rush to dive another.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Did my VI draw. 2/11 with a disco both dupes.

I've got a reforged magic brush and a 7* bioblaster now, I guess.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Think I'm doing some math wrong. Trying to calculate my odds of getting at least one thing I am "excited" about on the XI realm draw. There are 6 such items, out of 21 total items. The guaranteed 5* has a 6/21 chance of being exciting. Assuming the other ten draws each have a 12% chance of being 5* or better (seems to be what the mass data polls on reddit suggest), each of the other ten items has ~3.4% chance of being exciting. In total, the chance that all eleven items are not-excite is...roughly 50%? 50-50 for something cool is way better than I thought I would be doing on that draw. Any probability ninjas want to look over my math?

I've got Vanille's USB1 and both BSBs and will probably eventually dive her one day.

To be honest, I have a stacked healers deck though so I'm not in a rush to dive another.

I'm in that same situation, with three dived healers and and multiple good USBs. But the more I think about it, the more I find that having just the right USB healer can utterly break a fight, like Rosa against Maliris or Larsa against Hades.

Hydra down in 29 seconds!

At speed 5. The savings!

38thDoE on steam

!!! Mog's LMR dance followup uses the dance noise from FFVI! I love that.

Boy, XV Torment hits like a truck. Missed sub 30 on the 280 but a few seconds but I should probably be able to swing it.

Delicious Dex motes, hello!

Oh yeah, XV Torment.

...am I gonna have to grab Gladio's Pep Talk SSB for this? I don't actually have any buffs in the XV realm.

I suppose I should first try it with Onion or Rikku as an off-realm ringer. And if that doesn't work, make XV my next 15-mythril pull. And if that fails to get me what I need, then maybe get Pep Talk.

Also Sapphire Blitz (the new 6* sharpshooter) is now called Sapphire Bullet. I haven't decided yet if I hate it or not.

Yeah, XV 280 is... surprisingly difficult. Need some work to get sub-30

Oh yeah, XV Torment.

...am I gonna have to grab Gladio's Pep Talk SSB for this? I don't actually have any buffs in the XV realm.

I suppose I should first try it with Onion or Rikku as an off-realm ringer. And if that doesn't work, make XV my next 15-mythril pull. And if that fails to get me what I need, then maybe get Pep Talk.

Fwiw, I'm bringing pep talk for the last stand, not just the atk

Last Stand would be pretty helpful in that fight, yeah.

Yeah, that would be nice, also. It's basically a copy of Minfilia's Blessing of Light.

Which is the reason I hadn't picked it up before, as I have Blessing of Light. But this may be a reason to get it.

Huh. Would have expected to be able to sub-30 with what I've got, but can't seem to. Not having anything for prompto hurts, I guess.

What do I have for XV?

Noctis: USB1 (not too useful), BSB (More useful)
    Gladio: BSB, OSB (Potentially a useful combo, since he doesn't have to obsessively use Heavy skills like he did when I tried him vs zappy bird)
    Prompto: USB (Potentially useful, because of )
    Aranea: USB (good DPS for a Dragoon. Works well with Prompto's Imperil.)
    Iris: BSB (Nice, especially if the boss does status)
    Ignis: Nada.

...it's not a very big realm, is it?

What do I have for XV?

Noctis: USB1 (not too useful), BSB (More useful)
    Gladio: BSB, OSB (Potentially a useful combo, since he doesn't have to obsessively use Heavy skills like he did when I tried him vs zappy bird)
    Prompto: USB (Potentially useful, because of )
    Aranea: USB (good DPS for a Dragoon. Works well with Prompto's Imperil.)
    Iris: BSB (Nice, especially if the boss does status)
    Ignis: Nada.

...it's not a very big realm, is it?

Nope. I've got buffs out the wazoo, but very little for damage.

Noctis: OSB (okay), BSB (okay), glint (good)
    Gladio: SSB (useful), BSB (okay)
    Prompto: nada
    Aranea: BSB (good)
    Iris: BSB (nice)
    Ignis: BSB (great), LMR (sure, whatever)

No doublecast in the realm unless you've got an LMR or dive Ignis (which is fire and he's probably busy breaking).

I didn't realize how intrinsic doublecast is to actually making chains get people to output damage.

Oh right. I also have Noctis's dualcast Combat LMR. I guess I should try that out.

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Had enough mythril saved up and yanked on the FFT realm banner.

2/11, one disco.

Landed Montblanc BSB "Black Combo" (Deal ten magic fire, ice, and lightning attacks to one target, raise the Magic of all allies a moderate amount and Defense a small amount, and grant Haste and Burst Mode to the user. Burst Modes: Magic Combo - Deal four magic fire, ice, and lightning attacks to one target. Moogle Rush - Deal two magic fire, ice, and lightning attacks to one target, temporarily lower the user's Resistance, and raise the user's Magic a moderate amount.) I don't know how chains handle multi-element attacks- but ten shots is ten shots, and then the self-buff before unloading the rest of them, well... I think it's strong and weak at the same time- I mean, let's face it, if you're looking at elements that are commonly resisted or absorbed, you're going to be looking at those three elements.

The big one this pull? Gafgarion USB "Dance With Shadows" (Deal physical dark and non-elemental damage to ten random enemies, temporarily infuse the user with the power of the dark, raise the user's Attack a moderate amount and Defense a small amount, and cause the user's darkness abilities to trigger the follow-up ability Everlasting Darkness, dealing two physical dark and non-elemental attacks to one target, and healing the user for a portion of the damage dealt.) I suppose this is a decent addition for my Dark team- ten shots of dark (and there's not a lot of stuff out there that outright absorbs or resists Dark), enDark, some decent atk/def buffs... and the chance for two more shots afterwards is pretty good. (Would have preferred Sword Saint, though...)

Also, don't forget to log in and grab your treats! A bunch of free three, four, and five-star motes as well as a Vampire Cloak accessory (moderate dark resist, moderate insta-death resist)!

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I have a decent XV spread thanks to a strong Full Throttle pull.
    Noctis: AOSB, BSB, LMR
    Gladio: OSB, SSB
    Prompto: USB, BSB, SSB
    Areana: SSB, LMR
    Iris: LMR
    Ignis: LMR

Despite all this I still had trouble with Part 1 and haven't tried Part 2 yet. The problem is that Noctis' non-elemental stuff is just not that strong against Torments, who start out vulnerable to all elements. He's still does OK damage, and remains really useful for omniresist content, but this just doesn't seem to be his time to shine.

I also think part of the problem is I have no legend dives in XV as none really seem that important. Noctis' has SPD up and an instacast LM which is interesting I guess?

rattletrap on
    Hmm, for XV I have:

Noctis - Everything so far.
    Gladiolus - BSB/OSB/SSB
    Prompto - SSB
    Ignis - BSB
    Aranea - USB/LMR
    Iris - Everything so far.

Hm, that makes the choices pretty easy then. Looks like Prompto is the odd one out, despite everyone else unable to do breaks (Iggy's going to be feeding buffs to Noctis/Aranea the entire time). I could leave Gladiolus out, but he's the one with Last Stand.

Chains are great with multi-element, because the buff applies to all elements.

Example!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=DK7zQmy2uB4&feature=youtu.be&t=1m49s

So you could open a dark magicite battle with a dark chain then use Raines, for an absurd example.

XV, I used this team, nobody dived:

Aranea: USB, OSB
    Gladio: OSB, BSB
    Ignis: BSB, LMR
    Prompto: USB, BSB
    Iris: BSB, LMR

Gotta get mitigation up fast, definitely want to break him as soon as he buffs himself again. Need healing pretty early on as well.

If you can squeeze everyone on the front row you can avoid his back row attacks. Iris is pretty squishy though so be careful.

I've also got Noctis OSB/SSB/Glint, but I'm not sure I gain much by swapping him in. Maybe the instacast might be worth it? Will have to try later.

You're going to want to bring power breakdown to break the atk buff

Got it down to 33.97. Not sure I'll be able to squeeze more out of that.

Stopped trying to do the Noctis glint + omega drive, and instead opted for celerity abilities to build the chain and meter to instant cast BSB repeatedly. Worked a lot more effectively.

I swapped out Gladio for Noctis, cracked the D280 in 28.8. I didn't do anything fancy, just had a chance to use Noctis SSB once and was able to ride that party instacast perfectly to break him after a buff, refresh RW, call in Behemoth King, and insta Aranea USB. Timing was ultimately a big factor.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    u8fua60xfu9a.png

Not sure how the hell you are supposed to beat this thing with the ramping damage constant aoe and sap making last stand useless

Next event in Japan is V.

Gilgamesh and Exdeath get new AOSBs, USBs, and glints. Exdeath, now with WHT magic
    Lenna new USB, 0CT H85 with Regenga, minor bar water and ice
    Kelger AOSB, w-cast ninja LMR.

This discussion has been closed.