As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Spider-man] Into the Spider-verse

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    A mallet that fits in your pocket is a pretty good gift.

And I'd really like to see a dedicated Spider-Man Noir movie.

His proper costume is pretty great too.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    So this is my favorite movie.

I want to watch it frame-by-frame, the number of little references and visual gags are insane.

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    It is, yes. But they have not, no

They have, plus a Gwen spinoff with Spider Woman (Jessica Drew) and Silk: https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/spider-verse-sequel-and-spinoff-on-the-way-and-more-movie-news/

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Winky wrote: »
    So this is my favorite movie.

I want to watch it frame-by-frame, the number of little references and visual gags are insane.

I have seen it twice now and I really need it to hit home video like

Now.

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Spider-Man related; anyone know if they still have plans to make that black and silver movie?

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Maybe he painted the fingers red too and the bleed you were seeing was the other way around.

A'ight I finally understand this.
    It's the red suit. He paints everything but the hands n' feet black, then sprays red over the shoulders and the symbol on top, that's why there's no webbing on those red parts, but there's is on the hands.

I guess he also masked his eyes to keep a red ring around em?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Lanz wrote: »

They have, plus a Gwen spinoff with Spider Woman (Jessica Drew) and Silk: https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/spider-verse-sequel-and-spinoff-on-the-way-and-more-movie-news/

The best part of that link is the notion of Tom Holland playing the MCU version. If they made that MCU canon it would blow my mind.

• Options
    edited December 2018

The best part of that link is the notion of Tom Holland playing the MCU version. If they made that MCU canon it would blow my mind.

technically I think marvel automatically just files all these away as part of the multiverse somewhere.

Sorta like how the right now there's a sequel event to the first Spider-verse series in the comics, and one of the recruited Spiders is the PS4 game Peter, just shortly after the events of the game.

EDIT: Oh wait I think I misread; reading again, you mean like, if the MCU acknowledge "oh shit, there is a wider multiverse out there"?

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options

technically I think marvel automatically just files all these away as part of the multiverse somewhere.

Sorta like how the right now there's a sequel event to the first Spider-verse series in the comics, and one of the recruited Spiders is the PS4 game Peter, just shortly after the events of the game.

EDIT: Oh wait I think I misread; reading again, you mean like, if the MCU acknowledge "oh shit, there is a wider multiverse out there"?

Well, both that, and the idea that the MCU would acknowledge that MCU Peter has traveled outside of the MCU...u.

I think that’s a bit far fetched next to them just having MCU Peter show up in the movie and not acknowledge it in the MCU.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    Spider-Man and the Five Deadly Venoms

Followed by Iron Man Monkey and Shaolin Spider-Soccer

Can there be one who isn't deadly is just Tom Hardy and his life partner Venom?

I’ll allow it.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Theyre doing both sequels and spinoffs but whether theyre related to the after credits or not is not known.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Just give me an entire movie where the Japanese sentai-precursor Spider-Man and the 1960's cartoon Spider-Man team up.

• Options
    Clearly the solution to Sony’s need for a Spider-Man cinematic universe is just more and more spiderverse, instead of “what if Spider-Man movies without Spider-Man?”

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Spider-verse was so fucking good you guys, I’ve been thinking about it for three days and I just want to see it again. It’s one of those fantastic animated movies that walks the tightrope of being great for kids and offering something for adults. Seeing that movie was just such a joy, and it is easily my favorite Spider-man movie.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    There were so many little bits that were just so well written.
    I loved when Miles has Peter tied up and is doing the "throwing naive suggestions" at him thing and then just lays out the exact situation because obviously he's already figured it out.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Give me a Liz and Octavius lesbian romance prequel.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    I’d bet money we’ll see Octavius again. She was obviously manipulating Fisk and had her own agenda with the collider. Plus, she was simply more dangerous than him.

She has sequel villain written all over her. No body, after all.

• Options
    I’d bet money we’ll see Octavius again. She was obviously manipulating Fisk and had her own agenda with the collider. Plus, she was simply more dangerous than him.

She could very believably have been transported to Gwen’s world, which would explain why (and how) Gwen was contacting Miles at the end there

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    So one thing that did puzzle me a bit at the end was
    the spider-bot "dying" being a tragic thing?

Because from what the movie said, the bot was controlled by a sentient spider and Peni, and that spider was completely fine so who cares if the robot gets smashed? Peni will just build another spiderbot and everything will be fine.

• Options
    AstaerethAstaereth In the belly of the beastRegistered User regular

Because from what the movie said, the bot was controlled by a sentient spider and Peni, and that spider was completely fine so who cares if the robot gets smashed? Peni will just build another spiderbot and everything will be fine.
    Wasn’t there something about how her father built the robot before he died? Or did I just imagine that?

ACsTqqK.jpg
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

I think her father built that one for her. Basically symbolic value and the last connection to her dead parent.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

The robot had been built by Peni's dad and was a very sentimentally precious thing to Peni.

• Options
    AstaerethAstaereth In the belly of the beastRegistered User regular
    There’s some amazing stuff on Twitter under the hashtag #spidersona

People are taking the ‘Verse’s racial and gender inclusivity and “anyone can wear the mask” call to action and designing their own Spider-people that reflect their own self and values. It’s such a great tribute to the movie, and demonstrates how much representation matters.

ACsTqqK.jpg
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I think old Peter and Miles are my favorite on-screen duo in years.

Like, they're legitimately hilarious, but also really sweet. I really appreciated the weird relationship where neither of them was at all what the other was looking for, or what they thought they needed, but they still found something in each other. It was just a really interesting friendship.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

I assumed she was the widow of Otto convinced Spidey killed her husband.. I figure some kind of events similar to spidey 2 happened in this universe.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    I loved that Doc Ock was
    just a spot-on caricature of a modern lady scientist. I swear to god that woman taught one of my neuroscience classes in college.

• Options
    Astaereth wrote: »

People are taking the ‘Verse’s racial and gender inclusivity and “anyone can wear the mask” call to action and designing their own Spider-people that reflect their own self and values. It’s such a great tribute to the movie, and demonstrates how much representation matters.

I'd say this was really cool except clearly I am going to be this universe's Spider-Man and the rest of you need to back off.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

I'd say this was really cool except clearly I am going to be this universe's Spider-Man and the rest of you need to back off.

Why only one?

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Why only one?
    Highlander rules, obviously.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

good thing you're from another timeline, Winky. that means i can still become Spider-Hyphen-Man.

• Options

good thing you're from another timeline, Winky. that means i can still become Spider-Hyphen-Man.

I want you all to know your timeline is soggy and weird and gross.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular

Not related to the original spoiler I was responding to. There is nothing planned related to the “it is yes”.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular

I want you all to know your timeline is soggy and weird and gross.

That's because it just washed its hands. No other reason.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Going to see this tomorrow with 7 yr old daughter.

Anyone's kids have issues with the different frame rate(?) Thought I read they toned it down since the first trailer?

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    It definitely isn't as noticeable as in the trailer. I felt like I still saw it pop up from time to time, but for the most part it just "clicked" with the rest of the aesthetic and wasn't ever bothersome to me, and I can be something of a stickler about that kind of thing.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    Going to see this tomorrow with 7 yr old daughter.

Anyone's kids have issues with the different frame rate(?) Thought I read they toned it down since the first trailer?

The frame rate “issues” are for specific characters in specific sequences.

Iirc only miles and Parker are rendered in 2s for any significant amount of time

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Cool, thanks.

I really don't notice that stuff in games but that first trailer or two it really stood out.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    It's definitely not something that should cause any kind of motion sickness or anything, it's nowhere near that bad. And they kick up the framerate for action sequences, so it isn't choppy and disorienting.

• Options
    JeedanJeedan Registered User regular
    In middle aged spider-mans intro it looked like both universes have hulking monster green goblin not glider goblin. I would have liked to see glider goblin.

• Options
    I can see why they didn't go with glider Goblin seeing as that's typically Harry or Norman Osborn playing the major villain of a storyline, which would have distracted from the rest of the story here.