As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tom Clancy's [The Division] 2: The Division x Resident Evil Crossover Feb 2 - 15

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Preacher wrote: »
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I want those blue mods but I'm afraid I might burn out on the game if I try to make an alt just for that, who the hell designed a system were generic blue mods at low levels are the strongest and didnt see an issue with this?

That HE mods always split stats in 3 parts is not in its own favor, more often than not 1-2 parts of the 3 is something you dont really want.

I wouldn't bother, they'll probably fix that before they fix why people want those mods.

By fix-

I hope that doesnt mean nerf... Because the 500 HE armor mods are already dull as fuck

Most of my 500 HE mod are stuff like

1.5% weapon damage
    3% Pistol damage
    3% Shotgun damage

A 6% AR/SMG/etc. damage that can be put in every type of slot is so much more interesting.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Basil wrote: »
    There is value in burst deeps, just as there is in suppressing those four dudes over there, or being in a position to toss heals or make calls. Sounds like you're having a good time!

I'm toying with grabbing a higher burst lmg for my second slot. My primary does great sustain, but now and then I want to kill a rusher. I /really/ want that rusher dead. And also the second rusher right behind them. Gotta examine my high fire rate low mag options.

I was doing a Bounty in a park last nite and all of the Mooks-- all of them-- came at me down the same sidewalk. "It can't be this easy, can it ?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsuSpei9cf8

uh... that didn't exactly go well for Vasquez and the gang.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I want those blue mods but I'm afraid I might burn out on the game if I try to make an alt just for that, who the hell designed a system were generic blue mods at low levels are the strongest and didnt see an issue with this?

That HE mods always split stats in 3 parts is not in its own favor, more often than not 1-2 parts of the 3 is something you dont really want.

I wouldn't bother, they'll probably fix that before they fix why people want those mods.

By fix-

I hope that doesnt mean nerf... Because the 500 HE armor mods are already dull as fuck.

Most of my 500 are shit like

1.5% weapon damage
    3% Pistol damage
    3% Shotgun damage

You know how this plays out, they'll nerf the blue mods or make them unequippable on higher level armor.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2019

By fix-

I hope that doesnt mean nerf... Because the 500 HE armor mods are already dull as fuck.

1.5% weapon damage
    3% Pistol damage
    3% Shotgun damage

You know how this plays out, they'll nerf the blue mods or make them unequippable on higher level armor.

I would hope that they normalize the gear and skill mod bonuses and gut the existing ones instead of doing another wonky adjustment:

Weapon damage (General, any tier):

Uncommon 1%
    Specialized 1.5%
    Superior 2%
    High End 3%

Weapon Damage (Specific, any tier)

Uncommon 1.5%
    Specialized 3%
    Superior 4.5%
    High End 6%

And so on. The overlapping and RNG bonuses is just clutter for the mods, imo.

tastydonuts on
  • Options

By fix-

1.5% weapon damage
    3% Pistol damage
    3% Shotgun damage

I would hope that they simply normalize the gear and skill mod bonuses and gut the existing ones instead of doing another wonky adjustment:

Uncommon 1%
    Specialized 1.5%
    Superior 2%
    High End 3%

Uncommon 1.5
    Specialized 3
    Superior 4.5
    High End 6

And so on.

I mean I'm just basing it on how they "fixed" mods in that they reduced the skill mod requirements which was good! And then they also reduced skill power on armor, not exactly 1 to 1 because you can actually equip mods now, but they did it bad enough that you still basically have to equip full armor in skill power mode just to use mods.

I don't have the skill set, but since its a random craft thing I wonder if you can be wearing that 6 piece and not be able to equip skill mods and how sad that would be. On top of the fact even with the adjustments skill mods still don't really provide that much of a benefit versus again equipping a full set of armor to use them.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    There is value in burst deeps, just as there is in suppressing those four dudes over there, or being in a position to toss heals or make calls. Sounds like you're having a good time!

I'm toying with grabbing a higher burst lmg for my second slot. My primary does great sustain, but now and then I want to kill a rusher. I /really/ want that rusher dead. And also the second rusher right behind them. Gotta examine my high fire rate low mag options.

From my limited experience, the l86 seems to be the fastest firing LMG i've encountered so far, but lordy that 30 round mag is utterly painful to work with. Quick reload I guess but still.

• Options
    I am 30 points away from maxing demolitionist and thus leveling all classes to max. SO CLOSE!!!! And I got a decent m785 so the game is like "go back to being daryl soon we gave you a gift!"

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2019

By fix-

1.5% weapon damage
    3% Pistol damage
    3% Shotgun damage

I would hope that they simply normalize the gear and skill mod bonuses and gut the existing ones instead of doing another wonky adjustment:

Uncommon 1%
    Specialized 1.5%
    Superior 2%
    High End 3%

Uncommon 1.5
    Specialized 3
    Superior 4.5
    High End 6

And so on.

I mean I'm just basing it on how they "fixed" mods in that they reduced the skill mod requirements which was good! And then they also reduced skill power on armor, not exactly 1 to 1 because you can actually equip mods now, but they did it bad enough that you still basically have to equip full armor in skill power mode just to use mods.

I don't have the skill set, but since its a random craft thing I wonder if you can be wearing that 6 piece and not be able to equip skill mods and how sad that would be. On top of the fact even with the adjustments skill mods still don't really provide that much of a benefit versus again equipping a full set of armor to use them.

IDK about that though, given the RNG of perk bonuses, I have 1.1-1.3k skill points from 3 utility things and +skill%. If, if you get a good roll on them, you can get there.

The problem is... the caps recalibration transfer make it hard to really fully optimize, though I haven't really figured how those work out. Wish they kept the chevrons visible at all times and/or launched with the optimization station.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

I was doing a Bounty in a park last nite and all of the Mooks-- all of them-- came at me down the same sidewalk. "It can't be this easy, can it ?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsuSpei9cf8

I had one the other day where the entire 6 pack spawned in the same door then climbed up a ladder to get to me via a ledge. I completed the whole bounty in about 10 seconds with 1 nade and 1 LMG mag.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Honestly one part of black tusk that makes them easy as fuck in missions is they will spawn from helicopters letting you blast the fuck out of them on the way down.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular

From my limited experience, the l86 seems to be the fastest firing LMG i've encountered so far, but lordy that 30 round mag is utterly painful to work with. Quick reload I guess but still.

I had a pretty good time with an RPK while playing grenadier, it's basically a meaty assault rifle. If you can get one with the (I think it's called) reciprocity talent to grant the occasional refill it's a very decent gun.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    So apparently one of the graffiti pieces in The Division 2 used parts of the Black Flag Police Story cover, moved the slur and turned it into l33tspeak and put it on the shield.

Ubisoft has since apologized and removed that graffiti. Not going to link anything because it's Friday and I can't be bothered with that.

But how did they find it? Apparently a player decided that they would spend his time documenting all of spelling errors/"engrish" type errors on billboards and the like in game. People are weird.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Was it Anthem or something else that had some pepe flag shit worked into a skin a while back? Seems like there's always dirtbags lurking somewhere and it must be next to impossible to check every surface. Still, appropriate response from Ubi so not loosing points there.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    Was it Anthem or something else that had some pepe flag shit worked into a skin a while back? Seems like there's always dirtbags lurking somewhere and it must be next to impossible to check every surface. Still, appropriate response from Ubi so not loosing points there.

I remember destiny 2 had some white supremecist thing on one of their armor sets. I can't recall anthem having any offensive decals.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Destiny 2 had a piece of armor that referenced the "kekistani" flag or whatever that it was supposed to be.

I don't even know where the graffiti (though it would be more appropriate to call them murals) is located. I make that clarification because "graffiti" and "murals" are two different things entirely, and the art in the game fits more into the latter category. If it runs up the entire side of the building, it's probably not graffiti.

tastydonuts on
  • Options

I remember destiny 2 had some white supremecist thing on one of their armor sets. I can't recall anthem having any offensive decals.

Ah that'd be it yeah

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    https://kotaku.com/ubisoft-removes-slur-from-artwork-in-the-division-2-1834000651

Yeah its not really graffiti its a mural and I dunno how this slipped by them.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Honestly one part of black tusk that makes them easy as fuck in missions is they will spawn from helicopters letting you blast the fuck out of them on the way down.

yeah -- just drop a incendiary grenade under the chopper as the ropes go down and they more-or-less just all stand there for you to shoot

Dehumanized on
  • Options

yeah -- just drop a incendiary grenade under the chopper as the ropes go down and they more-or-less just all stand there for you to shoot

Which only highlights how like the guy closets the rest of the factions use are kind of annoying.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Which only highlights how like the guy closets the rest of the factions use are kind of annoying.

I've started preemptively tossing grenades at doors that are likely to produce spawns, it's been surprisingly helpful!

like that one room in emergency bunker where waves just kinda come at you for 5 minutes; a couple well-placed fires placed on the door above the entrance players go through can do a ton

• Options
    I didnt link the articles because the comments were sliding into dumb, Preacher! boo. BOO!

• Options
    I didnt link the articles because the comments were sliding into dumb, Preacher! boo. BOO!

Look don't read the comments is standard for the internets.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular

I've witnessed some guy bushes being used to deploy mooks.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    They use the sewers too. But mostly at night.

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Sweet! I am very happy they are going to allow you to change your agents sex and adding a proper red hair.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »

I've witnessed some guy bushes being used to deploy mooks.

I do like that the contracts seem to be reworked to a) primarily take place in former mission zones b) often have the target spawned already instead of having to kill a wave of goons to spawn them. It makes it feel way more like the first game, where you were hunting a target on the map and could even isolate and murder them first if you came in from the right angle.

• Options
    Geez, why not just use the WILDLANDS appearance system, that was great.

Because Wildlands used the Anvil engine and The Division uses their Snowdrop engine and it’s very likely that while you see a head, etc the actual data structures that comprise those objects and how they are rendered is likely significantly different between the two games?

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    So I've started to pile up a ton of high level gear, but having trouble estimating what's actually good and what I should vendor/dismantle and what I should maybe consider keeping to use in recalibrating. Only thing I really strived for last night was getting enough shields to use patience. In the process I discovered that the mods put in certain armor slots confer their icon bonus (in this case two "shield" mods) allowed me to hit that target.

Are the number of red/blue/yellow and mod slots completely random on armor pieces or are they set based off the name of the item? Like the chest I'm using I think has three icons plus two mod slots. While others might only have one or two icons and one mod slot. Is there perhaps a good guide that goes through what sort of rolls pieces of gear can have?

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    So I've started to pile up a ton of high level gear, but having trouble estimating what's actually good and what I should vendor/dismantle and what I should maybe consider keeping to use in recalibrating

Get used to that feeling, it will be with you for a while. If there was any justice in the world, they would use Brandon Keener as the Re-calibration voice.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Different sorts of gear do indeed come with their own tendencies for talents, pips and mod slots. Certain combinations are rare, others impossible. Item stat budgets mean that single pip stats will be higher than double or triple pip stats, and if I recall correctly, some of the budget is also assigned to active and passive talents. This is why someone might prize a particular brand of holster that would have a chance for 20% cooldown reduction because it comes with a single yellow.

I haven't looked up a nice spreadsheet yet, though.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Different sorts of gear do indeed come with their own tendencies for talents, pips and mod slots. Certain combinations are rare, others impossible. Item stat budgets mean that single pip stats will be higher than double or triple pip stats, and if I recall correctly, some of the budget is also assigned to active and passive talents. This is why someone might prize a particular brand of holster that would have a chance for 20% cooldown reduction because it comes with a single yellow.

I haven't looked up a nice spreadsheet yet, though.

This one is the one to go to for basically any sort of stat reference.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    I wish you could capture that Sinkhole control point forever, best location.

There is both Incendiary and explosive round boxes inside that camp.

Got Distinguished Service Distinction a couple of days ago and Hard as Nails today. (Complete all missions on Hard+)

Sirialis on
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I have a list of all the ammo locations that I've found, that I should probably post at some point.

Also caches and keys. From the keys that I've revisited, they seem to be fixed as to what they give. Though the fix to bounties makes tracking keys kind of pointless now.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    When I logged in today I found that I had 5 apparel cache keys? I have no idea how though. Anybody else get keys today?

These aren't event keys either.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    https://kotaku.com/ubisoft-removes-slur-from-artwork-in-the-division-2-1834000651

Yeah its not really graffiti its a mural and I dunno how this slipped by them.

Their art team would be pretty huge, with outsourced teams as well. When they're finalizing all the different textures in the game, it wouldn't be difficult for some asshole to slip something small on a large texture like that for a laugh and whoever is approving it just not seeing that small part.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    When I logged in today I found that I had 5 apparel cache keys? I have no idea how though. Anybody else get keys today?

These aren't event keys either.

There was some kind of "if you were a season pass holder/someone who played last week" key gift I think that was supposed to go out. I dunno I have everything from this cache, so new keys would do nothing for me.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    the artist/s involved definitely made a huge mistake in which specific parts of the police story album art were worth paying homage to

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Does the main clan have free spots? Looks like Woe Bundy is starting to get thin, so I'm guessing people are moving over?

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    Dalantia wrote: »
    Page- wrote: »
    I kind of like that the exotics in div2 have little puzzles around them. There are a bunch of things like that that make it interesting. Now people have figured out the masks and the keys, and it's just a waiting game for the exotic sniper rifle, hopefully they move on to figuring out the old war bunker and any possible connection it has to the Underground faction. The devs haven't said anything, so I assume the quest does go somewhere and isn't bugged out.

What does annoy me is the way they made certain blueprints gated to weeklies but also randomized them. There's a mod for shotguns thats+20% reload speed, the exact one I need, and I have zero ways of getting it other than hoping that it drops next week. And if it doesn't, I have to keep waiting because once you do all the control point blueprints they stop dropping because that's a separate pool for some reason. Some poor sap out there got the shotgun mod and is cursing the devs because all he wants is that +20 rounds mod and I'll get that but we've no way to trade. It's dumb.

+20% reload speed spring is a Control Point blueprint.

seems you're right! i was getting hit by that weird bug where new bps weren't giving alerts or showing up until you manually checked. one more piece of the puzzle

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream