As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A little Red Flea

Mr HerringMr Herring Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Artist's Corner
Hi!
It is just a first page of something, that I started today... I called this one "Little Red Flea". You know... girl' s name is Red Flea and she' s a thief, or something... Future, cyborgs, flying things... Enjoy.
Mr. Herring

pchelka01jd9.jpg

fakesignaturejh6.jpg
fakesignaturejh6qh0.jpg
Mr Herring on

• Options
    Anthrax! Please.Anthrax! Please. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Why would one of your Japanese signs be backwords? Wouldn't an advertiser have the common sense not to make it visible like that? Also, her face looks inhuman in the last panel with the chin so large and so forward and the eyes set so far back with a nonexistant forehead. Very minor. Otherwise, it is surely very fancy.

Anthrax! Please. on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Why would one of your Japanese signs be backwords? Wouldn't an advertiser have the common sense not to make it visible like that?

:) I know. You are talking about the first sign on the left, right? It' s a kind of joke.
    Also, her face looks inhuman in the last panel with the chin so large and so forward and the eyes set so far back with a nonexistant forehead. Very minor. Otherwise, it is surely very fancy.

I will think about this one. Thanks for a quick review.

Mr Herring on
    fakesignaturejh6.jpg
    fakesignaturejh6qh0.jpg
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Heh, yeah, that face is kinda bugging me, but it's all flashy otherwise. I especially dig the combination of a sketchy feel with a finished, coloured look of the thing- how long did it take you?

And, for something completely different, have you ever considered publishing your comics outside of Poland? I'd love to work on translating Freedom Estate to English and help bring this gem to a wider audience. (and yeah, I do have experience with Eng<->Pol translation :P ).

Mayday on
  • Options
    Anthrax! Please.Anthrax! Please. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Mr Herring wrote: »
    Why would one of your Japanese signs be backwords? Wouldn't an advertiser have the common sense not to make it visible like that?

:) I know. You are talking about the first sign on the left, right? It' s a kind of joke.

No... I am referring to the rightmost sign. The leftmost is correct.

Kind of a joke?

Anthrax! Please. on
  • Options
    EntrYEntrY Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    That is why you have to make jibberish letters instead of actual japaneese :P No confusion.

EntrY on
    beavotron wrote:
    hang on, i need to go put an adult diaper on before you continue explaining.

Flickr ... Myspace
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Entry: ou can say it's just an artistic variation about kanji. I cant' talk or write japanese, but I have few photos (like thousands) from my trip to Japan. I took these banners from my "Tokio by night" session and draw them, without thinkig: are they drawed in a right way? It' a just a symbolic thing, nothing more.

Anaximander: well, then I don' t know why it' s backwords. It was a banner hanging outside a little shop on a small Shinjuku' s street. I draw this one exactly like it appear on photo. I thought you are talking about the one on the left because it was the only banner, that I really played with on photoshop, huh... Kind of joke... errr...

Mr Herring on
    fakesignaturejh6.jpg
    fakesignaturejh6qh0.jpg
  • Options
    couch-potatocouch-potato Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    His feet... are so tiny.

couch-potato on
    "We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special. "
    -Stephen Hawking
  • Options
    TelemachusTelemachus uncomfy Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I like the tiny feet. Her potatoface is really putting me off, though, as are her crazyboobs. All-in-all, I really like it, especially your palette.

Telemachus on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Telemachus wrote: »
    I like the tiny feet. Her potatoface is really putting me off, though, as are her crazyboobs. All-in-all, I really like it, especially your palette.

Yeah. I dunno, I think the feet may be just a BIT too tiny, even for the style...but agree'd on everything else

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Mayday wrote: »
    And, for something completely different, have you ever considered publishing your comics outside of Poland? I'd love to work on translating Freedom Estate to English and help bring this gem to a wider audience. (and yeah, I do have experience with Eng<->Pol translation :P ).

It could be a nice thing, to show Freedom Estate (Polish: Osiedle Swoboda) to a wider audience. But, there' s one thing that' s bothering me... This story is sooooo Polish :) It could be misunderstood, because cultural differences.

Mr Herring on
    fakesignaturejh6.jpg
    fakesignaturejh6qh0.jpg
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    hmmmm... I could do an experiment, but that would include scanning the stuff I've got, which might be illegal :). Then I'd translate a few pages and show them to some of my good friends here, ask for opinions.

I mean, seriously- it's some of the best shit Poland has to offer, I'm sure it's worth a try!

Mayday on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Ok. Let' s give it a try. You have got my permission to scan, whatever you need :)

Mr Herring on
    fakesignaturejh6.jpg
    fakesignaturejh6qh0.jpg