As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The 2020 Democratic Primary

19495969798100»

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    "Won on healthcare" meant the voting populace stared into the abyss and voted accordingly. Assuming the GOP isnt stupid and avoids pulling back the veil again "running on healthcare" isnt the same thing.

The Texas lawsuit is ongoing and Graham's explicitly said they'll repeal ACA if they win in 2020.

I mean, they said that about 2016 and 2018 as well and couldn't bring themselves to do it. I think the Republican party is desperate for SCOTUS to do it for them because they obviously lack the spine/votes to do it themselves.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    "Won on healthcare" meant the voting populace stared into the abyss and voted accordingly. Assuming the GOP isnt stupid and avoids pulling back the veil again "running on healthcare" isnt the same thing.

The Texas lawsuit is ongoing and Graham's explicitly said they'll repeal ACA if they win in 2020.

I mean, they said that about 2016 and 2018 as well and couldn't bring themselves to do it. I think the Republican party is desperate for SCOTUS to do it for them because they obviously lack the spine/votes to do it themselves.

Who cares? As long as they keep saying they will, it's an effective tactic to beat them.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    we can has new thread pls?

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular

You'll recall they tried VERY HARD.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    we can has new thread pls?

I'll make a new OP in a little bit if the mods don't tell us not to.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Lanz wrote: »
    It feels like Biden's core appeal of "I'll bring back the good ol' days of the Obama administration!" seems to be missing a key factor.

You know.

Actual Human Being In Office Barack Obama. Instead of Vague Allusions to Legacy of a President Barack Obama.

Seems those are kind of distinct things that should not be confused for each other.

Unfortunately Biden's competitors haven't had much luck convincing his voters this is true. For now. We've still got a few months left to take him down.

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular

You'll recall they tried VERY HARD.

I do, my wife's MS makes it rather a salient issue for us.

I also recall that they failed because they couldn't come up with the votes even though their conference was definitely large enough to move forward if they had been unified on what "& Replace" actually meant.

I doubt the Republican party will try to run in the general on Repeal & Replace any more, because if they try everyone will go, "wait you had both houses and the presidency, what exactly do you need to get this done?"

I would not count on the Republican party running on a platform of "we're trying to kill your family" again, is what I'm saying.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    enlightenedbum on
This discussion has been closed.