As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Armor 2.0: Stats All, Folks! Shadowkeep Drops Oct. 1

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    They're probably just daily bounties

nope. weekly. the two new ones are 'Complete Matches' and 'Defeat opponents while having zone advantage'.

This is Bungie, so just because it's labeled weekly doesn't mean it's coded as such :surprised:

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular

nope. weekly. the two new ones are 'Complete Matches' and 'Defeat opponents while having zone advantage'.

This is Bungie, so just because it's labeled weekly doesn't mean it's coded as such :surprised:

i mean it's got a 7 day timer on it so...

and this isn't the first time weekly bounties have rest mid week. Ikora's weeklies have been doing the same thing.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

They posted something about it being a possible issue some days ago, that we’re supposed to only have 4 bounties, but they’ll rotate so we’ll be able to do all 7.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    moon weapon review:

I got the moon sword in my last session and it's a stick with a climbing axe on the end - 10/10

I got the sniper rifle and i think it makes a ghost noise when you shoot it - also 10/10

It really amuses me that Eris' approach to making gear for Guardians fighting nightmares is to just duck tape whatever shit she can find together.

"Hey Eris, can I get a sword? I really like swords."

*Eris bustles about pile of moon junk, muttering about fingers like spiders on her brain*

"Gee, Eris. That's a... a stick with a climbing axe on it? Thanks...I guess? I'm certain that won't just explode into pieces the first time I whack the resurrected Phogoth."

Also the moon warlock bond is made out of what appear to be actual birds. Where do you even get birds on the moon to tape together?

it turns out that the hive cryptoglyph is just a spooky glue gun

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    ok, first IB bounty done. now to resist to urge to pop it until i finish out the weeks powerful rewards.

• Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Yeah the IB is a bit rough but I'm still having fun.

I had 4 games where we mercied the other team and I was top scorer and then 3 matches where we got mercied and I don't think I broke even on K/D.

The MM seems to be rubberbanding me a lot or I'm on that sweet spots between 2 groups. I've been facing a lot of folks with llvl 960 and it's hard to compete without having the same set of weaponry for sure.

Still having a good time though, and I got my llvl up from 930 to 945 last night doing almost all IB.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    New weeklies?

How long does this IB run? Just one week, right?

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I had a blast running IB with Kendrik and Shryke for a while. Was mostly pretty good matches with a couple rounds where we got decimated because the people we got matched with couldn't hold anything.
    Then I also hit 950 on my titan and 949 on my warlock, and capped out the night finally getting Whisper of the Worm.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Fusion rifle kills in Iron Banner is hard.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »

have you heard the good word of our lord and savior JÖTUNN

• Options
    Doodmann wrote: »

i luckily managed get this done over the course of 4-5 matches. the number of shots i missed or kills that got stolen out from under me was annoying though. i really wish Bungie would stop telling us how they want us to play the game and just let us play the game.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Yeah I've completed pvp steps of like 3 different quests including one where you lose progress on death I assumed I'd never complete and gotten half of my Ace handcannon headshots just yesterday

• Options
    fusion rifle's suck in iron banner when you're underlevelled and you hit a good OHKO that does 90% damage and you stand their sadly while they kill you

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular

i luckily managed get this done over the course of 4-5 matches. the number of shots i missed or kills that got stolen out from under me was annoying though. i really wish Bungie would stop telling us how they want us to play the game and just let us play the game.
    Easily my biggest issue with Destiny. Insert challenges / bounties which make you play more poorly than you would normally in multiplayer queues where it will affect teammates.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Mustachio JonesMustachio Jones jerseyRegistered User regular
    Jotunn's a one-hit on any Guardian regardless of any possible LL disparity right now.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I got the fusion rifle kills with a rifle that was like a 905? You just have to follow your team mates and be the king of kill stealing.

The smg challenge seems like it'll be a lot easier especially since they give you an smg.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    I need to finish the Jotunn quest thing, I think I have the schematic just need to do the objective on it and then complete the BA.

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    I got the fusion rifle kills with a rifle that was like a 905? You just have to follow your team mates and be the king of kill stealing.

The smg challenge seems like it'll be a lot easier especially since they give you an smg.

i conveniently got a IB fusion and IB SMG right before their respective steps so i got really lucky on that front.

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Mythic 3 in comp is where I've started to hit way more consistent matches. I've been ping-ponging between just below Mythic 3 and halfway through for like a week now. I JUST WANT LEGEND OK GAME? I JUST WANT LEGEND.

• Options
    The IB smg seems really good. Or at least it was when I flipped to it and started murdering fools

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Someone mentioned before that having the shaders in your inventory was the only way to preview them on your gear. I can definitely preview them from the collections tab. Doesn't work for ships or speeders, but for armor it does.

Kinda. You can preview the individual shader from the collections, applied to all your armour. You can't open a piece of armour or a weapon or a ship or whatever and preview any shader on it. You can only preview the ones in your inventory that way.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    I actually love quests that force me to use guns or abilities that I don't normally use, particularly if they're long enough that I'll take the time to build a loadout for them. Running three grenade launchers has been some of the most fun I've had in strikes, I never use SMGs in the Crucible but I've started messing around with Subjunctive thanks to the IB quest step, and I regularly pull out a sniper rifle now thanks to Revoker.

There's such a variety of stuff in the game and it all feels really, really good.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Telesto is the way and the light for fusion kills. I literally rush the opposing team and disintegrate 2-3 of them while they're capping their first point. It works quite well on Twilight Gap, because you can be a colossal prick and paint the floor in doorways and then some poor asshole runs over and it and "ah fuck how did I die?".

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    I still use Y1 Main Ingredient as my fusion for Crucible. I need to get with the times it seems.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    So a fun thing I noticed while doing the IB quest line last night is that it always drops you the appropriate weapon for each step of the quest. When you finish the first step with super kills and go on to pulse rifle kills, it hands you a pulse rifle. Same for fusion rifle and SMG and grenade launcher. It actually gave me a basically god roll Wizened Rebuke too. Fucking tore people apart for that part. I think the bug where it's SMG kills instead of grenade launcher kills actually helps too since you don't need to use special or heavy.

By far the most annoying step of the whole thing was pulse rifle kills though. 2 out of the 3 new maps have like almost no long range sightlines where a pulse really shines. Super annoying.

It did make tearing people's buttholes to shreds with Recluse easier though. I didn't even feel bad about it cause Bungie made me do it.

PS - Random map review:
    I like Widow's Court.
    Twilight Gap is .... weird and very confusing. It's got a ton of vertical movement in it, which is unusual for D2 maps.
    New map seems pretty good but suffers from the same issue as the raid. The Black Garden overgrown tile-set is very samey and so it's different areas lack character making it harder to navigate.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    just gimme a sword that uses special or primary ammo i wanna fly around in pvp without having to queue up for the heavy ammo

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    I got this lovely message last night from a dude I got matchmade with for a Nightmare Hunt:
    upFMhOvl.png
    I'm still so VERY confused. He left just before the boss.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Quick question for Armor upgrades - do y'all find a piece you like, upgrade it, then infuse later drops into it? As I move through the 900s, I expect to keep finding new goodies, but I'm not swimming in upgrade mats yet, so I'd prefer to keep my baseline gear, upgrade it, and then just melt pieces into it (barring finding a particularly fun exotic piece of course).

• Options
    Vagabond wrote: »
    I got this lovely message last night from a dude I got matchmade with for a Nightmare Hunt:
    upFMhOvl.png

Man I fucking knew when I used to group with you I was losing glimmer.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    So far for weapons I've gotten the energy pulse, rocket launcher, fusion rifle, grenade launcher, and smg.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    upFMhOvl.png

have you thought about not stealing his glimmer

• Options
    edited October 2019
    I like the heavy location change on Twilight Gap, that little room gets pretty exciting. Recluse is the first gun I ever had in D1 or D2 that made me think, "Maybe this time Icarus Grip, maybe this time." I agree that pulse kills were the biggest pain in the ass of all the different ones.

I re-read that last message 2-3 times before I got where he was going. Still not sure about questioning sexuality, but if you gotta steal glimmer to eat more than just beans, I'll be happy to spot you some glimmer brother. At least mix in some rice and perhaps a little hot sauce.

Nosf on
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »
    upFMhOvl.png

That wouldn't be very mafia boss of me

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Is he saying your diet is limited to beans? Or is that euphemism for something.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    T4CT wrote: »
    upFMhOvl.png

thank you WapitiRahmen for speaking out against glimmer stealing Vagabond

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    I actually love quests that force me to use guns or abilities that I don't normally use, particularly if they're long enough that I'll take the time to build a loadout for them. Running three grenade launchers has been some of the most fun I've had in strikes, I never use SMGs in the Crucible but I've started messing around with Subjunctive thanks to the IB quest step, and I regularly pull out a sniper rifle now thanks to Revoker.

There's such a variety of stuff in the game and it all feels really, really good.

Yeah, I went from bitching about hating SMGs in clan chat to "SUBMIT UNTO ME, THE GOD OF BULLET HOSE" within like 2 matches of being forced to use them exclusively. Iron Banner's been super fun all around so far.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Also, I love the hell out of Twilight Gap. That's just the most fun map.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    The pulse requirement got me to stop using better devils and pull my vigilance wing out of retirement... again... and hey! Vigilance wing fuckin rules still

• Options
    I have heard more Graviton Lance in the past 24 hours than I had in a year.

*wipes tear*

I missed it!

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    everyone in this fight should feel a profound sense of shame

https://youtu.be/1M7vjg3sKMQ

obF2Wuw.png