As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

You feel like you're gonna have a [Chat] time.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I liked the guns that you threw like grenades when you reloaded were those the good ones
    no, not especially. the issue was less like, oh, certain manufacturers were gimmicks (torgue and tediore) and more like the game literally refuses to allow a good sniper rifle to exist, there isn't a ~30 round combat rifle that feels like an assault rifle from literally any other FPS, etc. but broadly its most of the random weapons will feel like garbage before you factor in the loot randomization stuff that would determine whether or not the weapons are 'good'

there's a class of sniper rifles called RAILERS. you might think having played an FPS before that this would be like the RAILGUN from QUAKE - ex. a high damage low rate of fire sniper rifle with shots that pierce targets. you would be wrong, it's a shitty autosniper with bouncing shots because even though there is a class archetype built around clicking heads with a sniper rifle they didn't want there to exist a sniper rifle that actually feels like a sniper rifle

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    They have guns with bullets that ricochet, but I don't think Borderlands ever had guns with bullets that had weird arcs. I want to be able to shoot people who are behind cover by using the arc of a bullet that goes pretty straight before doing a 45 degree turn towards the ground.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Been trying to see who is out there for WoW Classic twitch players.

Man Asmongold is like 10 top worse big people on twitch.

my god the people that get large following is baffling.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    They have guns with bullets that ricochet, but I don't think Borderlands ever had guns with bullets that had weird arcs. I want to be able to shoot people who are behind cover by using the arc of a bullet that goes pretty straight before doing a 45 degree turn towards the ground.

There have been some of the exotic whatevers that would have weird firing arcs. Like in BL 1 there was that wave shotgun. But really most of the non traditional shooting guns have sucked.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

He's this weird popular to hate guy. Like I would say at least half his audience watches him to hate him, but as the saying goes "they are still watching."

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    The best gun I ever got in borderlands was a machine pistol with a 20 or 22 round per second fire rate, 40 round magazine, and fire damage. With upgraded reload speed and regenerating ammo the thing was just an absolute buzzsaw. I was still using it a good 20 levels higher than when I found it.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

There have been some of the exotic whatevers that would have weird firing arcs. Like in BL 1 there was that wave shotgun. But really most of the non traditional shooting guns have sucked.

I remember the exotics being crap and the funny weapons you get from missions almost always being crap yet being the big source of weird gimmick guns being a huge problem.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I've been doing a little wow classic streaming and am planning to do more once work quiets down and it has been surprisingly popular for me as a tiny streamer.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    oh cool dublin is closing down another historic pub to be turned into another hotel

totally normal not dying city

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    but muh Waluigi

Waaaaaaah

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Tav wrote: »
    oh cool dublin is closing down another historic pub to be turned into another hotel

Pubs being replaced by hotels is a sign of a city choosing the thrive financially at the expense of their culture and history.

So, differing definitions of dying I suppose.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Water has puddles in the LAN room floor and it’s in the light fixture, what a lovely morning.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    syndalis wrote: »

Pubs being replaced by hotels is a sign of a city choosing the thrive financially at the expense of their culture and history.

Is there a term for like the gentrification and homogenization of an entire city?

Couscous on
  • Options

ugh gross

• Options

i would prefer it if you didn't do this

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    every city is dying in its own unique way~

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    D.Va would be cool but I think Thrall would probably be best as a Blizzard rep in Smash.

I'm still pulling for Ristar.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

I mean - I think we are actually on the same side here.

Would much rather the historic pubs, restaurants, and landmarks not get erased by a new Hilton or whatever.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    You'd think that the tourists staying in the hotel would want to visit the historic pub. Put the hotel somewhere else.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options

He's this weird popular to hate guy. Like I would say at least half his audience watches him to hate him, but as the saying goes "they are still watching."

Seeing he has a red Make Azeroth Great Again hat had me like:

same with MoonMoon having his title be something about playing a racist wow character had it me like WOW wtf.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    good morning prehensile tail chat
    i bribed my boss with a pile of oatmeal pies
    (i dumped out half a box in front of him as a charitable donation)

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Winky wrote: »
    D.Va would be cool but I think Thrall would probably be best as a Blizzard rep in Smash.

I'm still pulling for Ristar.

its going to be Tracer.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    desc wrote: »

Furries have been making a lot of media lately. This is to be expected given a large group of artistic people with organizations everywhere.

It's not going to hugely surprise me if there's a furry civil rights movement down the line

Just planning on arguing with my friends about whether it's okay for their son to marry a catgirl

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    How is QLED a thing now I haven't even got an OLED yet
    God damnit Samsung slow your roll

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    The kitten has decided to start biting everything. Hopefully this is a phase.

Use a low cat growl when they try it. It works well.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    every city is dying in its own unique way~

Mine is dying in the "there are now more empty buildings than occupied ones" way, which is exciting

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    close down all the pubs and replace them with temperance union union halls

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    TTODewback wrote: »
    God damnit Samsung slow your role

its just marketing

• Options
    You'd think that the tourists staying in the hotel would want to visit the historic pub. Put the hotel somewhere else.

A lot of the problem is that older cities are often rather dense and it is hard to find other places to spring up a hotel that do not involve knocking down something else.

I wonder if the historic pub was a successful business that got bought out, or was failing which made it a target for this development.

Either way, it sucks but for reasons that make sense.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

[x]LEDs? Ew. All the cool kids use LEECs these days.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular

Yeah I hiss at my cats when they do something bad and they stop right away. Kittens will respond to this.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

same with MoonMoon having his title be something about playing a racist wow character had it me like WOW wtf.

I've seen some guilds named "Make Horde Great Again"

And I 100% gank the shit out of everyone I see with that name. I've ganked someone with that name while they had other horde nearby and the other horde did not help them. That felt good.

• Options

its just marketing

i have to buy a minimum of an 100" TV to see the difference.
    Of course they said that about 4K too but even on a 50" TV the difference between 1080 and 4k is v noticeable.

Bless your heart.
  • Options

You know your Giant Bomb meme went big when he is imitating it.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

its just marketing

Nope. They're pretty radically different technologies.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options

we've got super archaic planning laws meaning most of our buildings don't go over six floors (to maintain the skyline)

this has meant that we've got ridiculous urban sprawl and over the last ten years or so, the planning boards have started tearing down historic buildings because we're out of places we can sprawl to

this has also meant that our rent is on par with the likes of London and Paris and most people can't afford to live here

it's pretty grim

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

Yeah I hiss at my cats when they do something bad and they stop right away. Kittens will respond to this.

I don't hiss at my cats because I don't want them learning that kind of fowl language.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular

The growl is really nice because you can fine tune it. Usually they'll stop biting and start licking for a second like they're trying to smooth your fur down.

• Options

I mean - I think we are actually on the same side here.

Would much rather the historic pubs, restaurants, and landmarks not get erased by a new Hilton or whatever.

sorry, i'm a bit upset and i misread your point

my bad if i came across harshly

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »
    desc wrote: »

Furries have been making a lot of media lately. This is to be expected given a large group of artistic people with organizations everywhere.

It's not going to hugely surprise me if there's a furry civil rights movement down the line

Just planning on arguing with my friends about whether it's okay for their son to marry a catgirl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrrADTN-dvg

This discussion has been closed.