Options

The Ritual is [Chat]

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    HerrCron wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    Why not simply repress your feelings, and bury them so deep inside you that they die, withered away from sunlight?

Do you mean to tell me that isn't the only way to deal with things?

There's getting blackout drunk

I think that comes after repressing feelings, and helps drown them for good measure

Hold your feelings by the head until the bubbles stop.
    Solid plan.

Now Playing:
    Celeste [Switch] - She'll be wrestling with inner demons when she comes...
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    HerrCron wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    Why not simply repress your feelings, and bury them so deep inside you that they die, withered away from sunlight?

Do you mean to tell me that isn't the only way to deal with things?

There's getting blackout drunk

I think that comes after repressing feelings, and helps drown them for good measure

Ah yes, the grand British tradition.

It's the classic stages of grief

Going vegan
    Buying dumb shit online
    Working longer hours to avoid going home
    Yelling the C word at a bus
    Drinking an inadvisable amount of rum
    Shitposting
    Deciding that enough is enough and getting on with things

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Kamiro wrote: »
    If you can't put the weight down properly it's too much weight for you to lift safely

ehhhhhhhhhhhh

there are some dumbbell exercises where once you get up in weight, the safest thing to do is drop them on the ground. something like dumbbell bench press where you use your legs to boost it up into position

you'll probably be fine not doing those though for general/casual fitness, which is what PF is trying to court

Right the charitable interpretation is that they think novice people will be more comfortable only working out with other novices

The other interpretation is that they think novice people will work out less and pay more

sig.gif
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    If you can't put the weight down properly it's too much weight for you to lift safely

ehhhhhhhhhhhh

there are some dumbbell exercises where once you get up in weight, the safest thing to do is drop them on the ground. something like dumbbell bench press where you use your legs to boost it up into position

you'll probably be fine not doing those though for general/casual fitness, which is what PF is trying to court

oh, I have no idea what the vibe at PF is. never been in one

You're their ideal customer then! Someone who pays dues but never shows up!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    For me I'd just want a gym with good clean equipment and functioning machines. This whole obsession with what other people are doing at the gym is a bit silly.

Generally The only times I care what other people at the gym are doing are:

1 they are using the equipment I need to use
    2 they are someone I know and I'm talking to them.
    3 they are using critically bad form that will injure them and not letting them know would be negligent.

• Options
    Sleep wrote: »
    For me I'd just want a gym with good clean equipment and functioning machines. This whole obsession with what other people are doing at the gym is a bit silly.

3 they are using critically bad form that will injure them and not letting them know would be negligent.

All reasonable things.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »

0) they are occupying equipment I want to choose but they're just trying to flirt with a staff member

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular

ehhhhhhhhhhhh

oh, I have no idea what the vibe at PF is. never been in one

I really like Planet Fitness! $10 a month, can't beat it. DRX and I go three nights a week. I always use the treadmill and sometimes some of the weights and machines. It's never too busy when we go, which is usually like 8pm. No one bothers me, in my experience everyone just does their own thing and then leaves. Perfect situation, really.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited September 2019

olympic lifts are usualyl pretty loud and putting the weight down properly involves letting it drop

and soemtimes it'd better to let it drop then risk injury

tyrannus on
  • Options
    Fucking hell, scrolling train message thing

Stop telling me whether smoking is allowed on this train like it wasn't banned a decade ago and just show a list of upcoming stations

Oh, I shouldn't leave my stuff on the train? Well golly gee, thanks - here was me thinking that leaving a coat was a way to appease the household gods

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »

olympic lifts are usualyl pretty loud and putting the weight down properly involves letting it drop

and soemtimes it'd better to let it drop then risk injury

The fact that I RDL 365 pounds because I can't just let it go at the top of my deadlift, like you're absolutely supposed to, is a personal risk I take in order to be courteous to the people around me. If I was doing proper deadlifts I would get to the top flex relax and then let go of the weight.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    the difficult client ghosted the 2 PM meeting and rescheduled for 4.30

this is just cruel

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I imagine nonstop messages about smoking being banned in places, despite have been banned for decades, are still given because some smokers don't give a fuck and will continue trying to smoke in the neonatal intensive care unit if not told no at regular intervals

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »

this is just cruel

life is cruel

so cruel

*curls into ball*

also my nerd officemates are being really creep nerdy on twitch right now and I wish they'd all just go awayyy

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    I'm looking past a sticker saying not to smoke to read the marquee

I guess moving lights are more noticeable

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

this is just cruel

Decline and go home early

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I imagine nonstop messages about smoking being banned in places, despite have been banned for decades, are still given because some smokers don't give a fuck and will continue trying to smoke in the neonatal intensive care unit if not told no at regular intervals

ex's mom before she passed would light up at the zoo

"it doesn't say I can't"

so yes that tracks

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

this is just cruel

Decline and go home early

I'm at home because I haven't had enough of a free gap to actually go to the office. I am going to probably go in at 3.30 after the 3 pm meeting (need to be there cause it's en route to the climbing gym

I am specifically the person who has to handle this difficult client so I very much have to be at this meeting ;_;

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular

I am like this with bringing the dog into businesses if there isn’t a sign expressly forbidding it

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    I resent your generic comment, and will report it.

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    That's not how identifying clauses work, Bob!

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Honestly Bob you sound pretty Bob there, so you might not be the intended bob you certainly feel like you doth protest to much.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    I’ve never met a Robert I liked

sig.gif
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    When I had a gym buddy and actual schedule to go to PF for gym time for about a year, I never once heard the lunk alarm. It's all local culture and how that one is run, really. If you drop your weights once its an accident, it's basically a 'no jerks' generic rule. If you are disturbing other guests you really don't belong in the establishment.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Someone walked into the front office when I was talking about beating our boss with a bat
    oops

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Someone walked into the front office when I was talking about beating our boss with a bat
    oops

Its ok they too were carrying a bat so you know bat buddies!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    ALL THE BOBS!

poo
  • Options
    Best of Nextdoor makes an ok case for the continued existence of twitter

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    oops

Its ok they too were carrying a bat so you know bat buddies!

only a good guy with a gun can stop a bad man with a bat

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Wait how would food cause a UTI, how the fuck are you eating your chinese food?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

you don't eat lo mein by carefully threading it down your urethra?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options

No no that seems the opposite of how you should do it.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular

wow this is probably the worst post i've ever read here good job

• Options
    Arch wrote: »

Bowen has always wanted to rule hell than serve in heaven.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »

Is it because you realized you've been eating lo mein wrong your entire life?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    I serve you all with pride

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Been playing Bloodstained, and there are some weapons that you can perform fighting game-ish inputs to do special moves with. I have never played a fighting game other than smash and I cannot consistently do a quarter-circle+x to save my life. It's actually kinda bumming me out, I'll just stand in a cleared out room and try it a few times and sometimes I can't pull it off even then, and there's just no feedback for what you're doing wrong.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    xhng0wsktxkq.jpeg

• Options
    They don't call it high mein

This discussion has been closed.