As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Rick & Morty] Justin Roiland Versus Season Seven (Oct. 15th 2023)

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    WalMart's Price First generics are my favorite

xu8ejvmj2p05.jpeg

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    I don't know if they're still a thing but those WalMart ones remind me of PathMark's store brand when I was a kid - 'No Frills'. Looked like that except all the labels were black and white. So, like, a white can with "BEANS" or "POTTED MEAT" in bold black text.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Kirkland's got a good contrasting color next to the genuine Meseeks boxes.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I wonder why you even need more than 2 boxes, to double fist in times of need. The supply of guys seems infinite.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I wonder why you even need more than 2 boxes, to double fist in times of need. The supply of guys seems infinite.

I'd guess so you can give a meseeks box to an annoyance so they leave you alone.
    On the other hand, you never know when a box might break, and just because the supply seems infinite doesn't necessarily mean it is. I'd imagine each box has a finite amount of meseeks available.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    It's just cooler to use two of anything.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    There could be situations where Rick has more limbs than a typical Earth humanoid.

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    They play off the idea that generic products are crappy, but they really are not.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Did anyone else notice the quick and sneaky ad for Trover, the VR game Justin voiced/produced?
    4btp5f64lpoi.jpg

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    Did anyone else notice the quick and sneaky ad for Trover, the VR game Justin voiced/produced?
    4btp5f64lpoi.jpg

Avenue Q is in there, too.

• Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Also it seems the vertical signs in the back are saying " Corporate America owns you"

PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    Rick gives them away pretty freely too. One dude at Blitz and Chipz had one. They'd be a decent bargaining chip.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I watched my boyfriend play through Trover.

That game is fucking nuts.

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    Fireflash wrote: »
    Also it seems the vertical signs in the back are saying " Corporate America owns you"

Dammit, now I am hoping for a future, "Rick and Morty", episode in the vain of, "They Live" , now.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    The best generic product labeling is from Repo Man.

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Kirkland was a weird choice as they have several products made by name brands that also bear kirkland signature branding. Like this:

yijox61ea3qq.jpg

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Grocery chains are regional, Costco is national

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Also like, I think this thread is overthinking the joke

It's a store brand Meseeks

Cue laughtrack

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Also I was under the impression that the Meseeks box is just a thing that's out in the Galaxy, not necessarily a home grown Rick invention.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Given how Rick uses them yeah I figure they're just for odd jobs and such. A meseeks workforce has the potential to go very bad very fast and they literally cant multitask

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    How dare any of you besmirch the value and quality of Costco. I am an executive member with the wife and the 2 percent back more than pays for itself in a year. Plus the cuts of meat are incredible value.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Kirkland Meeseeks left me with the feeling it would do everything a brand name Meeseeks would do except for the trademark introduction.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Jerry is definitely gonna help him develop an app.

Holy shit! That’s Taika Waititi!

Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I had a hard time following the toilet plot and I'm not real sure what happened there.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I had a hard time following the toilet plot and I'm not real sure what happened there.

5 important minutes of the episode ended up on the cutting room floor, I bet.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular

Rick made a friend.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Rick is a shy pooper. :lol:

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I've often imagined what I would do if I had access to any of Rick's resources and technology.

Now I know, if I could only pick one of his vast array of creations to have as my own, I would pick his installation on PoopWorld.

And I would fucking murder any and all trespassers.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular

I agree, like at first I thought that version of Tony he got from the portal was from the past and he was lying about his wife. I think the gist was Rick is lonely and he met someone who didn't care if he died and shared his love of pooping. But yeah it was difficult to follow the point.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    I understood it completely. That version of Tony was taken from another universe, not the past.
    Rick even says so at the funeral.

Edit: Also: http://lovefinderrz.com/

Zilla360 on
  • Options
    RaijuRaiju Shoganai JapanRegistered User regular
    Roliard and Harmon have made it a point that Rick and Morty does not and will never include time travel (as far as I know).

The Tony with his wife still alive was simply from another dimension where she never died, that's all.

Rick is a sad, sad lonely man.

• Options
    The hologram speech sums it up pretty well. But
    Rick lost something and now he pushes everyone away.

• Options
    There’s a box on a shelf in the garage labeled “Time Travel stuff”.

It’s literally shelved.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    Rick has almost definitely been traumatized by the loss of his wife.

• Options
    Quid wrote: »

There’s a theory that Morty isn’t Rick’s original Morty, but instead evil Morty is the original. Rick abandoned him on some mission and the Morty we know is a replacement. That’s why Rick has memories of a Morty growing up and an (from his perspective) irrational love for him even though the Beth we know says Rick was gone for years.

Our Morty’s original Rick is probably dead.

steam_sig.png

• Options

At the very least the loss of a family member.

• Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular

There’s a theory that Morty isn’t Rick’s original Morty, but instead evil Morty is the original. Rick abandoned him on some mission and the Morty we know is a replacement. That’s why Rick has memories of a Morty growing up and an (from his perspective) irrational love for him even though the Beth we know says Rick was gone for years.

That's a cool theory but two things niggle at the back of my mind:

1) Rick and Morty are both from c137.
    2) Evil Morty, through the Rickbot, mocked Rick for being emotional towards his Morty. I'd expect other emotions if there were a history between them.

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I guarantee the writers haven't thought about it that hard.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    evilthecat wrote: »

That's a cool theory but two things niggle at the back of my mind:

1) Rick and Morty are both from c137.
    2) Evil Morty, through the Rickbot, mocked Rick for being emotional towards his Morty. I'd expect other emotions if there were a history between them.

Rick says they are both from c137. Rick also knows how to fool a portal gun.

The Rickbot is what I’m talking about. Right before he was gonna kill him, Rickbot (really Evil Morty) was looking at Ricks memories. He sees Rick interacting with a Morty, Rick then tears up with emotion and Rickbot mocks him for it.

If our Rick abandoned Evil Morty, purposely or otherwise, then of course he’d mock Rick for being emotional about tossing him away like trash. But also when Rickbot was looking at Rick’s memories, we saw a young Morty through varied ages, that is assuredly not our Morty, as Beth from Morty’s original and the new Beth both say that Rick was gone for years and never saw his grandchildren grow up.

Even if Evil Morty isn’t Rick’s original, our Morty definitely isn’t Rick’s original either.

Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png