As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Mandalorian

DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
edited December 2019 in Social Entropy++

https://youtu.be/aOC8E8z_ifw

"The Mandalorian, also known as Star Wars: The Mandalorian, is an American space Western web television series that premiered on Disney+ on November 12, 2019. Set in the Star Wars universe, the series takes place five years after the events of Return of the Jedi and follows a Mandalorian bounty hunter beyond the reaches of the New Republic."

This show is really good. It isn't exactly what I hoped for, but it's great. It's very well made, the episodes so far have been good, interesting takes on Westerns and Samurai movies.

One of the main characters is weapons grade cuteness that eclipsed Baby Groot almost instantly.

Please use spoiler tags

Please do not discuss the new movie here.

DouglasDanger on

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    this show rules, that's what I have to say

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I have watched 2.5 episodes so far and my opinion is that it's a great example of how star wars should just be banned from making main movies so jank bullshit can exist.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    "Want some soup?"

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    ah, the internet, you never run out of dumb assholes to show me.

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Well now I know that crotchspawn is a term people use and get real mad about.

That's a thing I can't remove from my brain now.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Oh and I guess this show is pretty good.

Def not really bitter at whoever decided there should be a week and a half between episodes 7 and 8 with how 7 ended.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    H0b0man wrote: »

Def not really bitter at whoever decided there should be a week and a half between episodes 7 and 8 with how 7 ended.

Well, they do have something big planned for Friday, so it makes.. some sense?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular

Could be worse, could be the Good Place taking a month long cliff hanger on it's entire finale.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

Well, they do have something big planned for Friday, so it makes.. some sense?

Rise of Skywalker

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    a0c.jpg

Seriously tho baby yoda memes can stop now.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Baby Yoda memes are the best part of the week

But also they seem to have died down since Thanksgiving

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    weren't minions minions for millenials?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    weren't minions minions for millenials?

Nah man minions are for Older Gen Xers or Boomers who've never seen Despicable Me.

A silly looking creature that fits with literally any platitude
    87-Funny-Minion-Quotes-Of-The-Week-And-Funny-Sayings-72.jpg

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    I will curse them to the ends of the earth for putting a cliffhanger in the episode released before their long week.

I will curse them even more if the finale also ends in a cliffhanger.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »
    I will curse them to the ends of the earth for putting a cliffhanger in the episode released before their long week.

I will curse them even more if the finale also ends in a cliffhanger.

I think it'll be wrapped up. The baby arc at least if not the overall baddie

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Episode 6 was good but I personally didn't super like it. Didn't feel very Star Wars. I think it was the costumes maybe? They seemed a little bland by comparison.

Episode 7
    Death Troopers hell yeah!

Juggernut on
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Episode 7:
    They did a very good job answering my question of how exactly this is gonna have an ending. I started to get real anxious once they picked up Kuiil and the IG about the multitude of ways this was going to go bad, turns out it did just not in the ways I was expecting. I love seeing the difference between Herzog’s little band playing house in dirty, ill-fitting armor vs the Moff and an actual Imperial remnant.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Episode 6 was good but I personally didn't super like it. Didn't feel very Star Wars. I think it was the costumes maybe? They seemed a little bland by comparison.

Episode 7
    Death Troopers hell yeah!
    Oh, that’s who those guys were?! I was very confused

Ep7 was fucking great, I really enjoyed it

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Baby Yoda memes are the best part of the week

But also they seem to have died down since Thanksgiving

Baby Yoda is eternal.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Petition to name the three SW threads The Good Place, The Bad Place, and The Medium Place. You all know which one is which

• Options
    honovere wrote: »
    Petition to name the three SW threads The Good Place, The Bad Place, and The Medium Place. You all know which one is which

Please don't do that here

I do not enjoy the shit talking and counter shit talking and the negative aspects of the star wars fandom, and asked tube if I could make a separate thread for this show I enjoy, so I could be free of the discourse in the other thread

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I haven't seen this yet, but I came here to post this:

RbkA1zI.png

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    I finally got to watch episode eight

It was amazing. There were so many good moments for the characters, the dialog and action were great, this is now firmly one of my favorite shows, right up there with Adventure Time

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I finished this show the other night, I liked it a lot and hope it continues and also other small star wars things flourish

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    This show is really good and I’m looking forward to the next season.

I’ve never been into the non-Jedi/Sith parts of Star Wars, so this is a very welcome surprise.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    What are the odds of (Mandalorian Season 1 finale spoilers)
    Mando getting the Darksaber

Or, wildcard, does it actually belong to the armorer

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    S1 finale spoilers
    When Mando said that he knew who the head imp was because the head imp knew Mando's name, I was 100% expecting the head imp to be a former mandalorian