As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Microsoft [Chat] Simulator

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    i'm staying sober tonight so i can go to the gym tomorrow

i already hate 2020

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Qanamil wrote: »
    Oh, and came back to the forums after a 9 year hiatus!
    Oh so it was an unmitigated disaster then

Definitely a low point

• Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    DRX and I made "Pomegranate-Champagne Punch" for Friendsgiving last week.

Review: delicious, goes down smooth, interesting flavors, mint is a nice touch. However, it gets you SMASHED in like one drink. I had one cup and spent the rest of the evening trying to sober up. Four thumbs up.

rfarsh6eh2p5.jpg

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    I'm going to a NYE cover show tonight where 4 bands are doing Springsteen, the Ramones, Blondie, and the Cure.

Should be a good way to send this decade off.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Deebs is the ice cube expert
    He has more novelty ice cube trays than anyone

• Options
    Qanamil wrote: »
    I'm going to a NYE cover show tonight where 4 bands are doing Springsteen, the Ramones, Blondie, and the Cure.

Should be a good way to send this decade off.

1990s, here we come.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    VishNub wrote: »
    Gin is terrible

even good gin is still pretty unpleasant

what!

its botanical! it tastes like botanics!

i like gin. it's made from juniper berries which is a good thing taste-wise i guess?

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Mansplaining convention coming to Orlando promises to 'Make Women Great Again'

hmm

• Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    Dude depression is a butt.

I have today and tomorrow off and I'm about as excited as finding out I'm going in for a physical.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I got a free bottle of dom so I’m going to open that and take one glass and then spray the rest on the roof of my apartment building

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    does anyone remember the test that had you put colored pixels in order based on their shading, like roygbiv, black to grey, and put them in the eact right order?

it was a cool test, hard to describe

please batsignal me if this sounds familiar and if you have a link

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Kamiro wrote: »
    People keep on gifting us the same bottle of champagne as housewarming gifts. I think we're up to 3 of them.

At least we can offload it during the party tonight.

Make that champagne punch! It uses 2 750ml bottles of champagne! (And a healthy portion of white rum).

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Year in review, no particular order

-Book of the New Sun
    -Going back to Colorado for the first time in 10 years
    -All of the shows I went to
    -Al’s Breakfast in Minneapolis
    -Warcry
    -Harley
    -Vangirl
    -Promotion
    -Playing guitar
    -Tattoos in general but my 2nd one in particular

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Prosecco is like champagne but cheaper and better

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Gin is okay

Gim is great

• Options
    People keep on gifting us the same bottle of champagne as housewarming gifts. I think we're up to 3 of them.

At least we can offload it during the party tonight.

Make that champagne punch! It uses 2 750ml bottles of champagne! (And a healthy portion of white rum).

You didn't post a link!

HERE: https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/pomegranate-champagne-punch-240761

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    People with tastes and interests different from mine are very strange

• Options
    Where am I gonna get an ice block in time for tonight?

Uh. Dry ice and a bucket

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    oh my god this chipotle carne asada is just dogshit

its like meat chalk

• Options
    Where am I gonna get dry ice and a bucket in time for tonight?

Kroger?

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Geth, recycle the thread on page 100

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Echo. Thread will be recycled after 100 pages.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Prosecco is like champagne but cheaper and better

Cheaper, I agree with. I think the tank fermentation really puts a ceiling on how delicious it can be

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Where am I gonna get dry ice and a bucket in time for tonight?

Kroger?

No time!

I've got like 5 appetizers to cook up

I wonder if they’ll deliver

• Options
    Would it be weird to bring materials for mimosas to a NYE party. I know mimosas are like, a morning drink. Maybe people will think it's a fun departure.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    y5egkpanoh7f.jpg

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Tiny rawr.

GAVsC01t.jpg

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Athenor wrote: »
    Tiny rawr.

GAVsC01t.jpg

Damn that's a good kit. Did you mod that yourself or is that the design out of the box?

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    2020 will hopefully be another year I dont light a good relationship and job on fire out of fear and uncertainty

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Would it be weird to bring materials for mimosas to a NYE party. I know mimosas are like, a morning drink. Maybe people will think it's a fun departure.

fresh squeezed?

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    I think my main criticism of Knives Out was that I wish the story had been a little less predictable, but I keep wondering if that actually would have made the movie any better?

my only complaint about the plotting was (spoiler for the ending of knives out)
    Right from the very start it was obvious that Harlan hadn't been given a fatal dose of morphine because he wasn't an addict, didn't feel it's effects growing, and remained coherent for far too long. So as the viewer I started off knowing the final twist.

This isn't a fatal problem of course and is a credit to the genre that they never resorted to lying to the audience to make the plot seem more clever or intricate than it really was. But I think I would have appreciated it if, for example, the scenes of Harlan's alleged poisoning had moved along more quickly, leaving me with a little doubt, and more to chew on for the rest of the duration of the film.

@Donkey Kong @Six
    Knives out spoilers
    I took that scene and the scene where the vials are knocked over, as purposeful; in order to bring the viewer in on the secret early on - we already setup the possible villains, our hero and Benoit, now it’s time to ride this roller coaster.

How will the nurse get out of this? If she hadn’t done all those things and listened to the murdered man, she wouldn’t be in trouble!

Will the real killer be caught? Was it a family job where all of the family members are involved?

For me the murder itself was easy to figure out from that scene too, but it was the on-going coverup and investigation where we had the most fun.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    This is going to be a tough New Years. I'm usually okay with spending it alone, but not this year.

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    this decade i uh

dropped out of one college major and was thrown out of another? and then worked in a series of dead end retail jobs (that includes the possibility of starting on a manager track, being a store manager seems horrible)

but I also, after ten years in this city living in temporary places finally got my own flat, where I can stay as long as I want, and am generally pretty content

• Options
    Deebaser wrote: »

fresh squeezed?

If I can recruit someone else to acquire oranges and then squeeze them, sure.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
  • Options
    Deebaser wrote: »

fresh squeezed?

If I can recruit someone else to acquire oranges and then squeeze them, sure.

@kamiro is free I understand

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    It's 18:35, what twat is doing fireworks now?

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    It's 18:35, what twat is doing fireworks now?

It's a me dickheadwithfireworkario

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    I think my main criticism of Knives Out was that I wish the story had been a little less predictable, but I keep wondering if that actually would have made the movie any better?

my only complaint about the plotting was (spoiler for the ending of knives out)
    Right from the very start it was obvious that Harlan hadn't been given a fatal dose of morphine because he wasn't an addict, didn't feel it's effects growing, and remained coherent for far too long. So as the viewer I started off knowing the final twist.

This isn't a fatal problem of course and is a credit to the genre that they never resorted to lying to the audience to make the plot seem more clever or intricate than it really was. But I think I would have appreciated it if, for example, the scenes of Harlan's alleged poisoning had moved along more quickly, leaving me with a little doubt, and more to chew on for the rest of the duration of the film.

@Donkey Kong @Six
    Knives out spoilers
    I took that scene and the scene where the vials are knocked over, as purposeful; in order to bring the viewer in on the secret early on - we already setup the possible villains, our hero and Benoit, now it’s time to ride this roller coaster.

How will the nurse get out of this? If she hadn’t done all those things and listened to the murdered man, she wouldn’t be in trouble!

Will the real killer be caught? Was it a family job where all of the family members are involved?

For me the murder itself was easy to figure out from that scene too, but it was the on-going coverup and investigation where we had the most fun.

You'll really enjoy the commentary track then. :)

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Speaking of tattoos I think I am going to leapfrog my 3rd idea, which is books related To my 4th idea

A portrait of Nero playing the Lyre while Rome burns done in a tarot-woodblock style with the words WHEN IN ROME on my calf

This discussion has been closed.