Stationeries, Art supplies(?) and Calligraphy(?) Recruiting Pen-pals for letter exchange!

13»

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I got a Rhodia bullet journal and it's been quite handy for keeping track of stuff.

Peas
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Review: Platinum Preppy fountain pen 5:57

5myiokloks5d.png
    Janson
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    We went to Kinokuniya Seattle yesterday and ugh we could’ve spent hours there. There was a massive selection of pens, inks and notebooks available. They had erasable Uniball pens I want to try, as well as a decent selection of Herbin inks!

PeasTaya
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I got a second bullet journal for tracking work stuff, it’s going well so far.

JansonPeas
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I was given a pen for late christmas! I love it! I'll post pictures later, but it is hand turned by my friend and is cedar heart taken from dead tree near his property =)

JansonPeas
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I'm using my bullet journal for tracking the books I'm reading, my weight, and my Instagram follower count but I'm finding it less useful for day to day stuff. On Sunday I scheduled myself to mop my floors and I didn't do it. I rescheduled it for Monday and I still didn't do it.

Peas
    I’ve been writing in my journal when I DO accomplish something. For me that works a little better, I don’t have too much trouble remembering what I need to do, so I don’t need to-do lists, but I enjoy the positive reinforcement from seeing what I have done! So at the end of the day I will write what I did and that helps remind me that yeah, I do a fair bit, even if it wasn’t what I had originally planned to do. :)

Peas
    That's a good idea. I also don't really have problems remembering the things I need to do (I didn't forget to mop the floors, I chose not to) but I'm trying to figure out the best way to trick my brain into being more productive. Maybe I need a sticker chart or something.

PeasJanson
    look at this beautiful hand turned pen!

626u7kwcbwjl.jpg

I'm scared to use it in case it gets lost or something

PeasJansonchrishallett83Taya
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    look at this beautiful hand turned pen!

626u7kwcbwjl.jpg

I'm scared to use it in case it gets lost or something

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrJUt6gYV64JOi8fwy_jjUw

this dudes channel is incredibly satisfying

XaquinPeas
    god that snakewood pen is beautiful

PeasJanson
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    snakewood has such a rich color and unique grain

shame it's expensive as fuck

PeasXaquin
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Realtor Santa ClaritaRegistered User regular
    My grandpa had this beautiful fountain pen he made when he was a lad for himself out of amber bocote and oil rubbed bronze that he carried with him at all pens. The very first time my mom and I went to visit my grandparents and brought the dog, the dog got to that pen and obliterated it. It's a damn shame, I've never seen anything like that pen before.

Peas
    my girlfriend gave me a beautiful leather foraging journal for our anniversary! and also an awesome book light and lobster bisque but for this thread I'll stick with the journal =)

wdnt0hgqmxsa.jpg

PeasSporkAndrewchrishallett83Satanic JesusJansonMorivethDidgeridooVirgil_Leads_Youthatassemblyguy
    edited February 25
    Anyone interested in doing a sort of pen-pal letter writing thing? I dunno, I've got all this very nice paper and some nice pens and stuff, but nobody to write letters to. Could be fun!

Edit: Also I have 3 bullet journals and 3 fountain pens now. One of the journals is for work, one is for home/misc stuff, and the third is for tracking videogame bullshit.

Moriveth on
    XaquinTayaPeas
    I'd love to have a good reason to write a letter. It would be cool to do a letter exchange thing.

PeasJanson
    edited February 25
    Okay, well, folks, if you are in fact interested, maybe PM me your address and I'll figure out what to do from there?

Except for @Janson. I know where you live

Edit: Peas, do you think you could edit the title of the thread to reflect that and see if other folks want in?

Moriveth on
    XaquinPeas
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited February 25
    I edited the title but feel free to ask me to change to what you folks want eh, I still have not thought of a nice one haha
    edit: I will also be fine if anyone wants to take over and make a new thread so they can have more control over it

Peas on
    5myiokloks5d.png
    I have honed my letter-writing skills by playing Animal Crossing since the Gamecube era. I will try to squeeze a t-shirt or a piece of furniture into each envelope I send.

DoodmannJansonPeasMorivethXaquinSporkAndrew
    Ah shit now I’m gonna have to improve my calligraphy, huh?

We’ve started exchanging letters with my family! My dad just sent me this photo of a painting he’s mailed to Niko:

2020-02-25%2009.49.15.png

I’ve got a watercolour palette in my jetpens cart now I so I can start to compete...

OdinMorivethXaquinLaOschrishallett83webguy20lonelyahavaPeaschromdomSporkAndrew
    I figure I’ll at least leave signups up till Friday because I have had... one person send me their address so far. Also in case anyone else sees this thread and thinks it might be fun!

I would have no idea what to write!

Neither would I! Who cares? It’s just a fun thing to do!

Xaquin