As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Don't Stop Youtubin'

19495969798100»

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    WOaaHH

Circumsized YAnkeeE!!?

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    The only team who has a legitimate claim to hating the Yankees more than the Mariners is the Twins, who also have a smaller budget

https://deadspin.com/how-is-the-twins-playoff-losing-streak-even-possible-1838869473

After Monday’s 5-1 Yankees win to complete the series sweep, Minnesota has now lost 16 straight playoff games (13 of them to the Yankees), easily an MLB record and tying the 1975–1979 Chicago Blackhawks for the most consecutive postseason losses in major North American sports.

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    The team to hate in the NHL definitely used to be the Red Wings, but they're real pathetic, now. Not sure if anyone's really stepped up lately. I also don't know who it is in the NBA now, since I think the NBA is largely a league you follow for players more than you do for franchises.

I don't like the Avalanche for various reasons

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I don't really care much about baeball but I've lived in St. Louis for literally my entire life and as such I'm legally obligated to root for the Cardinals.
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I would say that for the NFL, the Patriots are only hated because of the 20-year Brady era, which is finally at an end.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Wait until they start losing.

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    The team to hate in the NHL definitely used to be the Red Wings, but they're real pathetic, now. Not sure if anyone's really stepped up lately. I also don't know who it is in the NBA now, since I think the NBA is largely a league you follow for players more than you do for franchises.

Boston

Fuck the bruins

They still run the defensive sets of punching the other players in the back of the head when there not looking

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Mayabird wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    hating the yankess is the correct course of action

Teams you should hate by default:

MLB: Yankees
    true
    NFL: Patriots
    way ahead of you
    College basketball: Duke
    Sure I'll take your word for it
    Marble League/Marbula One: Savage Speeders
    Whoa whoa hold up what the fuck

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    the only team in the NBA you could hate is the Knicks

mainly for incompetence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRbVaAon308

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Mayabird wrote: »
    hating the yankess is the correct course of action

Teams you should hate by default:

MLB: Yankees
    true
    NFL: Patriots
    way ahead of you
    College basketball: Duke
    Sure I'll take your word for it
    Marble League/Marbula One: Savage Speeders
    Whoa whoa hold up what the fuck

Root for a marble team that doesn't have a racist name

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

I don't like the Avalanche for various reasons

I was a Red Wings fan as a kid (I'm from Michigan so I come by it honestly) and was there when their rivalry with the Avalanche first kicked off. Even to this day I still hate those motherfuckers more than I ever had any right to.

Fuck Patrick Roy.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

for the NHL it depends on what you hate more? Dirty play and favorable treatment from the league, or a massive fanbase that acts like their team is the Yankees of hockey despite having none of the success in the past half century.

If it's the former, Boston Bruins by a mile. If it's the latter, Toronto Maple Leafs.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    The only team who has a legitimate claim to hating the Yankees more than the Mariners is the Twins, who also have a smaller budget

https://deadspin.com/how-is-the-twins-playoff-losing-streak-even-possible-1838869473

After Monday’s 5-1 Yankees win to complete the series sweep, Minnesota has now lost 16 straight playoff games (13 of them to the Yankees), easily an MLB record and tying the 1975–1979 Chicago Blackhawks for the most consecutive postseason losses in major North American sports.

I would say the sox have a bit more beef with the yankees

just a bit though

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    The nba is probably just generally Lakers and Celtics, plus whichever team has the current best player and been dominating for the last couple years.

lakers or heat

but like, the nba has a salary cap and dynasties are usually only 5ish seasons if that

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular

I would say the sox have a bit more beef with the yankees

just a bit though

Yeah, but that's just the second biggest dickhead in the bar trying to pick a fight with the biggest dickhead in the bar. Not much of a narrative.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Fearghaill wrote: »

for the NHL it depends on what you hate more? Dirty play and favorable treatment from the league, or a massive fanbase that acts like their team is the Yankees of hockey despite having none of the success in the past half century.

If it's the former, Boston Bruins by a mile. If it's the latter, Toronto Maple Leafs.

I was a big Colorado Avalanche fan for a while and I was in Chicago Blackhawks territory so I mostly just hated the Red Wings, who are now too pathetic to hate

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Who's buying all the Yankees merch to make them the richest team if everyone hates them though

Probably the people who live in New York City... the largest city in the country...

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    The team to hate in the NHL definitely used to be the Red Wings, but they're real pathetic, now. Not sure if anyone's really stepped up lately.

Bruins or Penguins imo
    Fearghaill wrote: »

I read an article a while back about how expensive it was to go see a hockey game in each of the host cities. The methodology was really good - the cost of going to see a game was 2 cheap but decent seats (not nosebleeds, not corporate boxes but just you know, decent), plus two hot dogs, two beers and a t-shirt. What seemed to me like a good night out.

The Leafs, who at this time had gotten to the playoffs once in the last ten years, was most expensive by a significant margain.

Like one of the crappiest teams in the league was also the most expensive it blew my mind.

#pipe on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Ichiro! Ichiro!

everyone loves ichiro, this is true

You mean Yankees legend Ichiro Suzuki?

977jnaa3uno8.jpg

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Of all the many amazing lines from Jon Bois videos, "You're an astronaut who brought his wallet" is easily a contender for best of all time

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Who's buying all the Yankees merch to make them the richest team if everyone hates them though

Probably the people who live in New York City... the largest city in the country...

plus it's probably got the most nationwide bandwagon fans in the league by far

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

new york folk feel very much the opposite about the Yankees and there's plenty of them to go around

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    milski wrote: »
    Ichiro! Ichiro!

everyone loves ichiro, this is true

You mean Yankees legend Ichiro Suzuki?

977jnaa3uno8.jpg

it's really a testament to how much Seattle folk love Ichiro that very few of us begrudge him going to the team that could win a world series

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    The Yankees have won the most championships in baseball by a significant margin and are in one of the largest media markets in the world. They've also had like...some of the most famous baseball players in history on their team, including Babe Ruth, who is almost certainly the most famous baseball player in the history of the sport. There's a reason they're a global brand.

This discussion has been closed.