As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A Nice Weekend [Podcast]

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    For folks who bounced off Disco Elysium due to (valid) chafing against its initial abrasiveness, but who are curious about what it Means to folks who dug it, the Patrick/Austin spoilercast on Waypoint Radio might be worth a listen

They don't let it off the hook for those rough edges, and they are often critical of the game, but they do a great job of exploring what makes this weird, risky, sometimes-unpleasant work of art so compelling and vital and current and strange and beautiful.

I'm end of day 3, should I listen or hold off until I finish the game?

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    For folks who bounced off Disco Elysium due to (valid) chafing against its initial abrasiveness, but who are curious about what it Means to folks who dug it, the Patrick/Austin spoilercast on Waypoint Radio might be worth a listen

They don't let it off the hook for those rough edges, and they are often critical of the game, but they do a great job of exploring what makes this weird, risky, sometimes-unpleasant work of art so compelling and vital and current and strange and beautiful.

Hold off.

PoorochondriacSpeed Racerakajaybaycaptaink
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    captaink wrote: »

Hold off.

Seconded.

You're past the threshold, and seeing the ending through the filter of your character is, I reckon, gonna be stronger than hearing two people talk about THEIR takes and filtering your ending through that many lenses

Librarian's ghostStraightzicaptaink
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Boca Raton, FLRegistered User regular
    Would you like a 10 hour classical music retreat, uninterrupted and hand selected for the new year? Of course you would!

https://player.fm/series/classical-music-discoveries/ep-16052-classical-music-for-the-new-year

Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online
    Kane Red RobeTheBlackWind
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Here’s some speculation about Doom Eternal that I’m gonna spoil just in case I’m right
    you totally pilot a giant fucking mech at some point in this game don’t you

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    God Austin describing the Conversation with the Working Class Woman as a boss fight is so fucking spot on

PoorochondriacMaddocCelloAtari SoulOlivawStiltsMs DapperpainfulPleasance
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    God Austin describing the Conversation with the Working Class Woman as a boss fight is so fucking spot on

I am very excited to listen to this podcast once I stop lying around in my sickbed and start driving places with podcasts on later in the week

I could just lounge around in Disco-urse forever, especially from Waypoint

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    The Disco-Urse is my 70's themed Funeral Wagon

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    The Escape GoatCelloVeldrin
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I was having some major back pain and went to the doctor and he said I was suffering from Disco-Urse.

Cello
    c5poypy0g7kw.jpg

Disco Ursa

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    Kane Red RobeturtleantMr FuzzbuttThe Escape GoatCelloMx. QuillVeldrinCrippl3Zonugal
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I wanna say I'm nearing the end of the Titanfall 2 campaign.
    Just dropped onto the planet with a TON of other allied titans, which feels like a big climactic moment to me

Ms Dapper
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I wanna say I'm nearing the end of the Titanfall 2 campaign.
    Just dropped onto the planet with a TON of other allied titans, which feels like a big climactic moment to me

I think there's a little more left than you might think? There's good stuff coming up for sure

Morivethwebguy20Ms DapperDouglasDanger
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Awesome! It's really damn good. Gonna be a shame when it's over, but also it seems like it doesn't wear out its welcome either, which is nice.

• jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    august wrote: »
    Here’s some speculation about Doom Eternal that I’m gonna spoil just in case I’m right
    you totally pilot a giant fucking mech at some point in this game don’t you

Hugo martin was a concept artist for pacific rim, so you know he's into that kinda shit.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I could've done with Titanfall 2's campaign being a biiiiit longer but as it is it's a really rip-roaring and tightly edited action movie so I can't complain much

Mr FuzzbuttEtchwartsUnbrokenEvaMx. QuillMs DapperDouglasDangerDarkPrimusSimBenVeldrinHybridCrippl3
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I could've done with Titanfall 2's campaign being a biiiiit longer but as it is it's a really rip-roaring and tightly edited action movie so I can't complain much

would you say its rootin-tootin

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Once I finish up doom this weekend i think I'll try Titan fall 2.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    webguy20 wrote: »

Some of 2016's finest.

Medium Davewebguy20
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I wish that playing multiplayer games in objective based team modes didn't cause me extreme performance anxiety.

Fukkin league of legends ruined that for me.

Now I can't play apex legends for fear of doing poorly and getting yelled at.

I would! Guns blazin'!

Chincymcchilla
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular

I would! Guns blazin'!

So anyway you started blastin?

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    c5poypy0g7kw.jpg

Disco Ursa

This is like exactly the same size as a YouTube thumbnail on my phone and then I was terribly disappointed

X22wmuF.jpg
    OlivawThe Escape GoatChincymcchillaKwoarudarunia106DouglasDangerCrippl3Mortal Sky
    How could you get turtleant's hopes up like that, Chincy?

turtleant
    I'm still thinking about (Titanfall 2 spoilers)
    Press L1 to time travel

I wish I had gotten to keep the thing but it was also ridiculously overpowered, so maybe the best case to just let you have it for that one level

Etchwartsnever die
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Iiiii want the sweater Abby is wearing in today's Clue Crew

CYpGAPn.png
    Chincymcchillanever die
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    edited January 2020

2016 was an incredible year for shooters

So of course when I worked at Best Buy that year everyone who asked me what to get ignored my recommendations and just got that year's CoD instead

Etchwarts on
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    Iiiii want the sweater Abby is wearing in today's Clue Crew

her whole outfit today is fuckin killer

• agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Press L1 to time travel

I wish I had gotten to keep the thing but it was also ridiculously overpowered, so maybe the best case to just let you have it for that one level

You might want to check out Dishonored 2, too.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
    Hexmage-PACrippl3
    Me: Ugh, I can't stand watching them try to solve Sodoku on Stream, as they're missing very obvious (to me) numbers! This is going so slowly!

Also Me: Noooo, Vinny is just giving them the answers because it's taking too long!

agoaj wrote: »
    Press L1 to time travel

You might want to check out Dishonored 2, too.

I've played a bit of it, but it didn't really stick with me. But I was also obsessively trying to go full stealth, which made it... a lot less fun?

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular

2016 was an incredible year for shooters

So of course when I worked at Best Buy that year everyone who asked me what to get ignored my recommendations and just got that year's CoD instead

Infinite warfare is said to be a pretty good one

PNk1Ml4.png
    StiltsSimBenOlivawWeedLordVegetaMedium DaveCrippl3
    Dishonored is a game series I have never understood because it seems to punish staying in stealth by making the game way more boring

yes you get the "chaos" ending but who cares if its torturing yourself to not engage with the actual cool shit you can do??

I liked Infinite Warfare's campaign even though it was apparently not well received by the sort of person who's way into CoD games

StiltsCrippl3Prohass
    the best CoD's are the ones CoD people dont' like: Advanced and Infinite

Grey GhostDouglasDangerBlankZoeStiltsturtleantSimBenWeedLordVegetaMedium DaveVeldrinProhassZonugalmxmarks
    Remember that period in the mid 10s, before battle royales, when it seemed like the big trend in shooters was lots of mobility options

PNk1Ml4.png
    Grey GhostDouglasDangerReynoldsStiltsturtleantMs DapperSimBenOlivawWeedLordVegetaVeldrinTheySlashThemCrippl3Mortal SkyZonugalpainfulPleasance
    Dishonored is a game series I have never understood because it seems to punish staying in stealth by making the game way more boring

yes you get the "chaos" ending but who cares if its torturing yourself to not engage with the actual cool shit you can do??

Honestly you need to kill a lot of people to get the chaos ending

I played pretty fast and loose with things in the first one and didn't have any problems there

Grey GhostMaddocHermanoWeedLordVegetaMedium DaveGR_ZombieCrippl3
    Once you get the power that turns all your stealth kill bodies to ash you can kill as many mooks as you like and it won't affect anything

At that point it becomes a matter of how you handle the main targets and I think those are actually more fun if you take the extra steps to ensure they get the ironic fate where they're shipped off to their own silver mines or whatever

MaddocSimBenCelloMedium DaveCrippl3never die
    Dishonored should be played like Hitman, where it's not about finding the most efficient way to overcome a challenge, but the most interesting way to act out a story

PNk1Ml4.png
    LalaboxBeef AvengerHexmage-PADer Waffle MousOlivawWeedLordVegetaMedium DaveMr FuzzbuttVeldrinnever die
    Stealth is also better because the open combat in Dishonored games is.... pretty bad, I think

That's a personal taste though

Crippl3
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I like the stealth in Dishonored because it allowed me to eavesdrop on people and really luxuriate on the environments and find the secrets and the lore and whatnot

I'm much more diligent about finding that stuff when I'm going slow and playing thoughtfully. I don't like clearing areas out and having a leisurely poke around for collectibles as much; feels more like box-checking than discovery.

StraightziMaddocKwoaruLalaboxHermanoWeedLordVegetaMr FuzzbuttVeldrinSporkAndrew
This discussion has been closed.