As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A Nice Weekend [Podcast]

• PeewiPeewi I edited this in 2024 I edited this in 2024Registered User regular
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    Peewi wrote: »
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    3D Marios and 3D Zeldas both feel very "off" to me as someone who only ever played the 2D games, with the sole exception of BotW

the Souls games feel more like what I want out of a 3D Zelda in terms of like, level layout and combat flow

Have you tried 3D Land or 3D World? They're a lot closer to 2D Mario than any of the other 3D Marios.

The structure of Ocarina of Time is basically the same as A Link to the Past.

oh man, see I just couldn't jive with how OoT, Majora's Mask, or Twilight Princess felt for some reason - like, they just really don't play intuitively for me, where BotW finally did get the gameplay loop right

may have to try out 3D Land/World, though, especially if they have more intuitive controls than 64 or Sunshine did

I can't really speak about what makes you not like the 3D Zeldas. By structure I mean that both LttP and OoT have an overworld with areas gated by items or story progress and dungeons with combat, puzzles, keys, an item and a central room you pass through multiple times.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    In other news it's finally happened, I've finally gotten into a podcast by someone from this thread

I have never heard more than two Coheed And Cambria songs before tonight, but I love dissections of terrible white boy prog lyrics and Blizzard-tier storywriting, so The Amory Score is 100% my shit already

replacewythyBahamutZEROReynoldsJokermanWeedLordVegetaOne Thousand Cables
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    gang, listen

this latest munchsquad is Something Else

I don't want to say anything about it here because, obviously, spoilers

but in these dire times of lean bad food news Justin Mcelroy has somehow found a way to change the whole fucking game

wY6K6Jb.gif
    Virgil_Leads_YouViktor WaltersChall
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited April 2020

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I have a Friends at The Table patreon question

Do the Tips at the Table podcasts cover any of the technical aspects of using Roll20? I've just started to do that and I'm finding myself a little overwhelmed with it.

they do not, no. At least not up until the point I have listened which is like november 2019

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Yeah, no, I can't think of anything either. I've considered asking about their technical setup before, both with regards to their roll20 use and their internal discord.

• SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    John A of Scarygoround / Bad Machinery / Giant Days / Steeple / &c has been doing the 6 fanarts thing on Twitter:

I suggested one of the two inscrutable British podcast characters and it's resulted in a great rendition of the hair island. I'm posting here because I know there's at least one other person of taste that listens to Mince

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
    Diarmuid
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    I listen to the Beef & Dairy Network podcast as well y'know.

Ah fuck I’m listening to the Waypoint talk on FF7 and it sounds like the remake is doing basically everything I hoped it would

And it’ll be coming right when I hit the tail end of playing Animal Crossing several hours a day...

6F32U1X.png
    Etchwartsnever die
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Yeah, listening to them talk about the FF7 remake brought me from 0 to 100 interest

I've never played the original, either, which has me kind of excited to jump into this thing, even if I do know the broad strokes of the story

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I'm very interested in it, but don't have a playstation. I'm hoping it eventually comes out on pc but I'm not holding my breath.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
    crimsoncoyoteCrippl3
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    I believe they have already said the PC full release will be day and date with the Xbox version. They just locked up the beta.

edit: oh wow I SUPER got my wires crossed there, sorry. Thought we were talking about PSO2.

Anyway the FF7 remake is like a year long timed exclusive.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
    BahamutZERO
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Can someone spoil what the ff7 stuff is

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    nope

HobnailKwoaru
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    If all of the spoilers are true, the 7 remake looks like a very beautiful, lovingly crafted train wreck that might just kill Square.

uyvfOQy.png
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I did it in PM, as one should in these situations

dN0T6ur.png
    Chincymcchillanever die
    The spoilers are good, actually

6F32U1X.png
    AistanMedium DaveIndie Winternever dieDoodmanndarunia106MidniteMx. QuillNeveron
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    No I want the stuff to be laid out in the open like an IED or bag of dog shit please

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    What is the secret so great that the learning of it will destroy the world Square

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

If I PM it to you is that like putting a bag of dog shit on your doorstep

Is that good enough

What if I embed a video of the stuff

dN0T6ur.png
    Wyborn wrote: »

This is one of those things that sounds awful to me and I am sure lots of people will be very into

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    Hobnail
    Oh a video of the stuff sounds ideal, give me that sgood secret stuff hurry quick I RAVEN FOR SECRETS

edited April 2020

This is one of those things that sounds awful to me and I am sure lots of people will be very into

Either it's going to be very popular or it's going to have a specific backlash the likes of which hasn't been seen since... a long time

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
    Reynolds
    yeah sure @Wyborn can you PM me as well

wY6K6Jb.gif
    I am slightly breathless and sweaty from Wyborns PM I think it is fear but like an eager fear

Indie Winter
    I will also take a spoiler PM, unless it wouldn't mean anything to someone who hasn't played FF7

edited April 2020
    thank you very much Wyborn I am now CACKLIN'

I am very much Into This btw, I like this swerve

maybe not a smart swerve but fuck me, at least they're doing something with it, good on 'em

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
    Mx. Quill
  • Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    The spoilers made me go from "I don't give 2 shits about PART ONE of this remake of a game I fell out of love with 20 years ago," to " ok fuck now I'm interested."

Oh my god

I absolutely have to get this game now, I can't believe they got me

I will say this sure seems like a good way to piss off fans!!

Mx. Quill
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I played the pc version of FF7 on a computer that really shouldn't have been trying to run it. I never finished it, and barely remember anything of the story past midgar other than the big moment. With the spoiler I am actually considering trying this.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I will say this sure seems like a good way to piss off fans!!

They're Final Fantasy 7 fans

They're reaping what they sow

Medium DaveMaddocIndie WinterSimBenZonugalBlankZoeMx. QuillPoorochondriacEtchwartsKwoaruOlivawNeveronWheatBun01Rorshach KringleErlec

Maybe not lots of people but some number of people will be WAY INTO it to a degree that amounts to lots of people

Reynolds
    edited April 2020
    I think that over the next few weeks we're going to see a curve of reactions that look a lot like how people's feelings toward
    Mass Effect 3 evolved in the first month after that release

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
    Nah this isn't like ME3

this is Good

wY6K6Jb.gif
    EtchwartsLibrarian's ghost
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular

Maybe not lots of people but some number of people will be WAY INTO it to a degree that amounts to lots of people

I could definitely see why the Waypoint people would like it, yeah.

uyvfOQy.png
    edited April 2020
    I'm actually more likely to play it now, but a lot of people who most wanted this game and have been wanting it since the PS3 tech demo are going to feel deeply betrayed, and rightfully so

Anyway I'm done talking about it in this thread, don't go spoiling things folks

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
    LockedOnTarget
  • GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    ive only seen people liking it

aGPmIBD.jpg
This discussion has been closed.