Options

PS4 PRO Just Stopped Working Working

domozodomozo Registered User new member
Hi everyone!
My PS2 still works to this day, my first PS3 worked 8 years before being unusable, and my PS4 Pro has lasted barely a year and 11 months (bought it in September 2017). It is a piece of hardware that, for its price and release date, should be durable, not already to throw in the thrash. I always kept it clean any time I had the oppurtunity, I used for like 5 hours a day maximum and now it doesn't work?

Not just the disc player, but the console starts and all I get is a dark screen, then the re-boot screen and then simply doesn't go anywhere ! It even turned itself off the first time I tried to make run again. The PS4, if it has this durability, it is not worth the price, not even discounted or with videogames included.

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    domozo wrote: »
    Hi everyone!
    My PS2 still works to this day, my first PS3 worked 8 years before being unusable, and my PS4 Pro has lasted barely a year and 11 months (bought it in September 2017). It is a piece of hardware that, for its price and release date, should be durable, not already to throw in the thrash. I always kept it clean any time I had the oppurtunity, I used for like 5 hours a day maximum and now it doesn't work?

Not just the disc player, but the console starts and all I get is a dark screen, then the re-boot screen and then simply doesn't go anywhere ! It even turned itself off the first time I tried to make run again. The PS4, if it has this durability, it is not worth the price, not even discounted or with videogames included.

Sounds like a data corruption. Google how to do a safe boot and it should prompt you to rebuild the database.

If not, yeah, it might just be a paperweight at this point.

Best of luck!

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid