As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The General [chat] Thread

EddyEddy Gengar the BittersweetRegistered User regular
Favorite Paradox game series

"and the morning stars I have seen
and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin

The General [chat] Thread 66 votes

Imperator: Rome (350BC-27BC)
1%
MulysaSempronius 1 vote
Crusader Kings (769-1453)
39%
ZavianSanderJKDarkPrimusStarZapperDarklyretyrannusBloodsheedTastyfishHi I'm Vee!WotanAnubisBlackDragon480TaminJokermanAlazullHonkjakobaggerronyaEddyshalmeloKamiro 26 votes
Europa Universalis (1444-1821)
13%
MrMisterCrimson KingAlectharHahnsoo1RMS OceanicSolomaxwell6Kadokenspool32BSoB 9 votes
Victoria (1836-1936)
1%
P10 1 vote
Hearts of Iron (1938-1948)
3%
ElendilpainfulPleasance 2 votes
Stellaris (20XX)
40%
SniperGuyQuidRear Admiral ChocoHappylilElfSarksusFuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudPhoenix-Ddurandal4532BrodyArchZilla360Burnagea5ehren-Loki-MazzyxHerrCronVoid SlayerStyrofoam SammichAuralynxSneaks 27 votes

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Everyone who wants to post about how paradox games are boring just agree with this post instead. Because you're right but we've done it enough.

Coinage on
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I've never played any of these games
    Chat can bribe me to vote for their favorite

Bless your heart.
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Such a cruel poll, how can I choose?

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The aliens have boobs because it’s my hypothetical.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    20:45 5k this week

it’shappening.gif

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    Why wouldn't aliens be mammals? I bet many types of life evolved in conditions similar to ours.

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    i just watched Psycho for the first time

that was a good movie!

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Stellaris (20XX)
    I just heard my roommate say that NYC had a population density of 250k/sq mile

I... um... that seems off by at least an order of magnitude unless I've been misled and NYC is actually a giant cruise ship

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

I... um... that seems off by at least an order of magnitude unless I've been misled and NYC is actually a giant cruise ship

actually.

Bless your heart.
    The aliens being mammals and having huge titties and an hourglass waist is simply proof of our divine creator.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    what if the alien boobs aren't like human boobs so they aren't mammals they just like boobs

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Stellaris (20XX)
    TTODewback wrote: »

actually.

you're not tricking me again I've seen pictures and there aren't nearly enough pools!

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    aqgKvY9l.jpg

Beasto made shepherds pie (More like shepherds casserole) and it is....it is so, so good

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Another cause of concern for the censors was that Marion was shown flushing a toilet, with its contents (torn-up note paper) fully visible. No flushing toilet had appeared in mainstream film and television in the United States at that time.

reading the wiki entries for old movies is wild

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Stellaris (20XX)
    Tav wrote: »
    Another cause of concern for the censors was that Marion was shown flushing a toilet, with its contents (torn-up note paper) fully visible. No flushing toilet had appeared in mainstream film and television in the United States at that time.

reading the wiki entries for old movies is wild

Had to go for that good underground stuff

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    So I was doing a CK2 update post in the last thread only to realize that my draft got deleted, so quick recap (honestly probably better this way)

Map current as of 869AD
    htzgmvrynjnh.jpg

- I started as a Welsh duke in 769, and just kind of took it easy, uniting Wales (Brythoniaid) and marrying into Irish lands
    - Vikings, Umayyads, and Abbasids blob out as usual
    - Vikings temporarily unite as Sweden (Svíþjóð) and conquer Scotland (Pictland), prepare to invade me
    - My vassal merchant republic helps me get a ridiculous 15g/mo, allowing me to easily defend against them with mercs and counter-invade, taking a chunk of Pictish land
    - Aztecs land out of nowhere, taking over north Africa with a 2nd Aztec fleet landing into Aquitaine (imagine being a Occitan vintner and being taken over by the Umayyads then the Aztecs within like, a decade of each other)

Right now I'm really hoping that I get to convert to Aztec Nahua or Norse Germanic by the end of the game

Eddy on

That’s way off cause uh no city on the planet even comes to half that density

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    the correct number is 1/250k sq miles

My boss who is the only six digit earner in our department got his stimulus check already
    curse this cruel world.

Bless your heart.
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Aliens would have boobs because 'Martian Mammaries' is alliterative. It just fits too well to not be true.

edited April 2020
    Chanus wrote: »
    what if the alien boobs aren't like human boobs so they aren't mammals they just like boobs

I’ve heard this one before

Hakkekage on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Stellaris (20XX)
    Where the hell is my Cities: Skylines option?

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »

I considered it but it wasn't developed by Paradox Interactive!

Quid wrote: »
    Paradox didn't make it, collosal order did

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Stellaris (20XX)
    It has Paradox shaped assets this is a crime of the highest order

Hakkekage wrote: »

That’s way off cause uh no city on the planet even comes to half that density
    Mumbai, India Population density: 76,790 per square mi
    appears to be the densest

so well under half

Bless your heart.
    edited April 2020
    imagine, if you will, an alien broad with nips on her ass

Elendil on
    Stellaris (20XX)
    Eddy wrote: »
    (imagine being a Occitan vintner and being taken over by the Umayyads then the Aztecs within like, a decade of each other)

*fans self*

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    I wish paradox tutorials weren't such piping hot garbage

I played halfway through a portugal game in EU4 before sighing heavily and watching a youtube explainer on how trade, actually, like, works

I booted up CK2 with an intent to learn it this time, goddamn it, and I got halfway through a gnomic, incomplete tutorial and then just peaced out

MrMister on
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    one time i just looked at a paradox game and i literally died

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Khazaria stronk.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    (I revisited paradox games because my new laptop can actually run them...

my old macbook air was chugging along at a rate of 1, aka 1 day per day)

feeling kinda burned out on nioh

should probably do seasonal stuff for monster hunter but i dunno

not feeling any video games rn tbh

edited April 2020
    Elendil wrote: »
    imagine, if you will, an alien broad with nips on her ass

So

Cartman from that one episode of South Park

Hakkekage on
  • TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Paradox games are sandboxes where a drunk neighbor will occasionally stop by and burn down your house with no explanation as far as I can tell

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    aqgKvY9l.jpg

Beasto made shepherds pie (More like shepherds casserole) and it is....it is so, so good

Shepherd's pie or, as we call it here in Quebec, "China pie".

• SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Guys: Boobs are fucking great and any alien race without them isn’t worth our time.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    My boss who is the only six digit earner in our department got his stimulus check already
    curse this cruel world.

...how

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    Guys: Boobs are fucking great and any alien race without them isn’t worth our time.

boobs are just a diversion from the hottest body part: The sternum.

This discussion has been closed.