As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Edit:
    11000 XP earned from all class achievements.
    3800 XP earned from Neutral achievements.
    14800 XP earned from Darkmoon Faire Achievements.
    It's probably almost guaranteed that getting all achievement XP is going to be out of the question for most sane players. I imagine a more casual player might realistically get about half of the XP available from them, which would make up for about 3 weeks of missing the big weekly quest. It's something, but not a lot. Maybe if you really focus on knocking them out you'll be able to get in the 10k-12.5k range. I'll have to reassess in a month or two based on how my progression looks.
    I looked through some of the Achievements and I may have overestimated how much you'll get through casual play. There are a few you'll probably knock out casually just playing using the standard mechanics, but many of them require playing with specific legendaries and/or playing in awkward, suboptimal ways just to complete the achievement. Overall it's going to take a lot of games to make a significant dent in the XP achievements. I expect they will not be a significant source of XP over the season.

• Options
    narwhalnarwhal monodon monoceros Registered User regular
    Do we think that weekly ranked play quest that we can't reroll will still be there next week if we didn't do it this week?

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    The way I interpreted it from the patch notes is that all your weeklies will reset on Monday. So the quest will still be there, but it will be back at 0/7.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    I am kind of upset that they removed the 10 gold per 3 wins

I farmed the vast bulk of my overall gold that way and now it will take a lot longer to farm up gold for packs via the experience system

e: unsure why this got an awesome from forty but i assume it was incredibly sarcastic

double edit since i'm here: stalled out a deathrattle slate run at 11 wins because the final boss was a rattlegore with the 1/1 zombies treasure and band of bees, so nothing i played on board mattered since he had literally infinite poisonous tokens he was even just popping them to eat for 2 armor with his hero power each turn

impossible to beat

Beasteh on
  • Options
    Beasteh wrote: »
    e: unsure why this got an awesome from forty but i assume it was incredibly sarcastic
    screen-shot-2015-03-14-at-85612-pm.png?preset=marquee

Also, not that I really care, but apparently they got rid of the whole "rating floors" thing for BGs? I dropped below 3,000 rating after losing a game. Did I miss that in patch notes or did they screw that up too?

• Options
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I got first with demons. Usually demons are what choose because I can’t get any traction with a better build.

7c8gqwrmuwam.jpeg

• Options
    according to VS demon hunter paladin and priest are going to be the top three to beat this expansion

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    It does seem like dude Paladin has a lot of potential.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    narwhalnarwhal monodon monoceros Registered User regular
    The way I interpreted it from the patch notes is that all your weeklies will reset on Monday. So the quest will still be there, but it will be back at 0/7.

Ah, that's a shame if it is because I don't really expect I'll ever be doing that quest.

Also, was very pleased to find out that when I forced a tie in Duels with hellfire, there was the end game graphic that said "tie" and then I neither advanced nor lost. Basically, it voided that fight and set me to queue up again as though it never happened (no buckets or treasures either, just straight back to the play screen).

Narwhal#1834
  • Options

air raid got a massive shot in the arm

• Options
    7 ranked, uggg. That was a surprisingly quick jog with broom Druid. So 5 gold as a bonus?

• Options
    narwhal wrote: »

Ah, that's a shame if it is because I don't really expect I'll ever be doing that quest.

Also, was very pleased to find out that when I forced a tie in Duels with hellfire, there was the end game graphic that said "tie" and then I neither advanced nor lost. Basically, it voided that fight and set me to queue up again as though it never happened (no buckets or treasures either, just straight back to the play screen).
    Makes sense. Ties work that way in arena as well.

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    The extra treasures and hero powers for duels requiring a certain number of epics or cards from sets really sucks.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    The extra treasures and hero powers for duels requiring a certain number of epics or cards from sets really sucks.

Fixed that for you.

I just realized that they are trying to get us to sink money into an Arena mode *with* MMR. Which turns the paid mode from maybe averaging in your favor if you're skilled to pure gambling. That's a big nope.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    I guess the way to win with pirates is to be the new and improved George.

3hWtHun.png

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    KafkaAU wrote: »

Fixed that for you.

I just realized that they are trying to get us to sink money into an Arena mode *with* MMR. Which turns the paid mode from maybe averaging in your favor if you're skilled to pure gambling. That's a big nope.

Yea the heroic mode sure, but casual mode still could be interesting.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular

air raid got a massive shot in the arm

And frankly it was already a solid card.

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular

3hWtHun.png

Yup, new George is very strong with pirates. If you can get started on any build, really, George can take it home, and you can even sometimes convert the necessity of the last guy to play ghoul into a 7 v 6 minion advantage.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    edited November 2020

3hWtHun.png
    I just got a pirate win, only because I got an insanely lucky high roll with zerus at 8 coin and went duck it we’re having a pirates jamboree. And because of the the tier 6 minion I started hitting insanely hard and just dropping player 20 health when most of them were at tavern tier 3.

tunwxj3nxrfh.jpeg

zepherin on
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

what the fuck are these priest cards holy shit

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

Every match is going to take 40 minutes

:bigfrown:

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »

Every match is going to take 40 minutes

:bigfrown:

not when they OTK you with a hand full of free spells

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    You know how small spell mage did a bunch of apm bullshit and pulled a win out of their ass, well now priests do that except safer and more consistently

• Options
    Probably, although we are notorious for getting the meta wrong.

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Still stupid that you can get the Mega-Bundle and that doesn't include the Tavern Pass. You're spending $80 for that and then on top of it you have to spend $20 for the Tavern Pass? Come on, Blizz.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    Still stupid that you can get the Mega-Bundle and that doesn't include the Tavern Pass. You're spending $80 for that and then on top of it you have to spend $20 for the Tavern Pass? Come on, Blizz.
    Honestly I have kind of gotten alt heroes for all but one, and when I get to level 50 I’ll get my rogue alt. The question then becomes, is the coin the other heroes and the exp boost worth 20 bucks

zepherin on
  • Options
    it isn't, no

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »

$$$$$$

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    Like we've seen the hstone Reddit explode into a big circlejerk over the last few days

This is the biggest naked cash grab we've seen yet and all signs point to it happening more and more often

The buyin to this game is absolutely ludicrous at this point and you only need to look at legends of runeterra to see what a good f2p online card game actually looks like

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Now just wait until they figure out that Blizzard nerfed the gold income rate and increased the amount of packs you need to buy per expansion with mid-expansion mini-sets! :wink:

forty on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    What is a tavern pass? What are achievement points and why do I have 5000 of them?

• Options
    https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/30-decks-to-try-out-on-day-1-of-darkmoon-faire/

Day 1 decks for me are going to be Soul Demon Hunter, Libroom C'thun Paladin and some flavor of Bullshit Priest

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    The fact that spending $80+ on an expansion doesn't give you all the cards is asinine. Of course, it's been like this since the beginning, so I can't imagine it will ever change unless LoR starts taking away large chunks of the HS audience. The problem is that most people are comfortable with HS and hate the idea of losing everything they've invested in the game. That and LoR requires counter-play which makes it less fast-paced and easy as HS is to get into.

Pretty frustrating to be honest since I really think it's a better game in almost every way. But I digress...

Almost new thread time! Taking suggestions for the next thread title.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Taking suggestions for the next thread title.

Hearthstone Has Been Corrupted

• Options
    The fact that spending $80+ on an expansion doesn't give you all the cards is asinine. Of course, it's been like this since the beginning, so I can't imagine it will ever change unless LoR starts taking away large chunks of the HS audience. The problem is that most people are comfortable with HS and hate the idea of losing everything they've invested in the game. That and LoR requires counter-play which makes it less fast-paced and easy as HS is to get into.

Pretty frustrating to be honest since I really think it's a better game in almost every way. But I digress...

I mean I’m waiting for MtGA for mobile. That will pull me away, but only because I have a soft spot for magic.

• Options
    I also don’t switch because I don’t particularly think that LoR is a very good game.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »

I mean I’m waiting for MtGA for mobile. That will pull me away, but only because I have a soft spot for magic.

I tried MtG:A after I quit HS. Had some fun with it, mainly playing a Merfolk deck, but then felt overwhelmed with the card pools and drip feed reward system. Plus, MtG was a lot more complex than I had expected, especially coming from HS. Maybe if I'd stuck with it things would have ironed themselves out.
    I also don’t switch because I don’t particularly think that LoR is a very good game.

To each their own I suppose. :)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Taking suggestions for the next thread title.

Hearthstone: The Eternal Legends of the ShadowGwent Gathering

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Hearthstone: Legacy of Metzen releases tomorrow!