As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I Really Hope the [Kids] are alright

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Frankly, my son's aesthetic oeuvre really only found its quintessence of expression when he commenced his "Minimalistic" period.

g7ukn7ydpj78.jpg

He made me Halloween with Legos. :D

Elvenshae on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    My 4 year old is riding a bike with no training wheels already.

My other two were like 8 before they could.

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Our kids' school was supposed to be starting to bring kids in on a new hybrid plan this week, from doing only online learning so far this year. I say supposed because yesterday at around 5pm they announced that those plans were canceled due to an increase in the viral spread level in our county and that returning to school would be re-evaluated in two weeks (hah, good luck). Two frustrating things have come out of this.

1) The new online learning model they switched to this week to accommodate the live teaching for the hybrid model sucks compared to what they'd been doing so far. It's a big step back that only gives the students live instruction for 2.5 hours each day, with the rest being asynchronous work to do on their own much like last spring. There have also been numerous problems with schedules for things like music or art via zoom thus far. Everything had been perfectly smooth until they rushed this new model out to try to get kids back into school.

2) I had to stop by the school to pick up a textbook and some other supplies for my son since we had kept our kids on online learning - other kids were supposed to just get the materials in school as they returned for the new hybrid model. They leave this kind of stuff in bins outside the front door of the school in a covered area. I got there very early on the first day the materials were out, so I can be pretty confident that what I saw in that bin means that only 6 kids were staying with online learning out of a class of 23 or 24. The rest were all returning to school. We are so incredibly fucked...

• Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Our school is trying to do PSAT/SAT testing IN school in only 2 days. We called the school and told them No thank you, we’re keeping the kid home and away from school.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Ours is doing them next week. My understanding is that they are doing it on a normal day of hybrid learning (so they will already be at 50% capacity). Luke's taking them, I think they do the PSAT, then school pictures, then I can pick him up early. He's already in school 2x weekly though, so it wasn't a big decision for us.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I’ve got 3 kids all doing different schooling

Owen is in preschool and he has school full day on Monday and Wednesday

Morgan is in 5th grand and he goes everyday but he goes from class to a learning center every other day

Grayson is in 6th and he has full days Monday and Tuesday then distance learning the rest of the week.

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    My 2 year old calls the water in the toilet bowl the ocean but it sounds like “oh shit”.

You’re welcome.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I’ve got 3 kids all doing different schooling

Owen is in preschool and he has school full day on Monday and Wednesday

Morgan is in 5th grand and he goes everyday but he goes from class to a learning center every other day

Grayson is in 6th and he has full days Monday and Tuesday then distance learning the rest of the week.

So you just live in an RV in various learning center parking lots, while your kids who aren't currently at school Zoom from the various rooms in the RV?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    F0FRl8G.jpg

We’re nerds. I can’t help myself.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Minicorn of Power, Seafood of Courage, and the Broccoli of Wisdom

Is that seafood? I thought it was chicken.

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Chicken that swims

Could be chicken, too. My phone is small

@Vivixenne

We need clarification on the meat in your triforce

Why does that sound so filthy?

It has the segmented flaky white meat of a crustacean.

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Externally:
    The temperature swung like 30 degrees cooler, it's totally normal for a kid to get a little sick from it, she'll be fine in a couple days.

Internally:

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    My 18 month old desperately wants to play with every kid on the park regardless of their age.

He was trying to run after some 4 or 5 year olds, it was so cute.

Problem is that he approaches everyone, which means I have to make small talk with the parents. Something I'm rubbish at and dread.

Damn kid making me have to be sociable.

SharpyVII on
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I can’t wait for my kid to use words when she demands something so I can tell her why she can’t have it

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    To solve the mystery of the piece of courage it is fish.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    This is where I consider lying to everyone and telling people it isn’t mini corn, it’s just regular corn.

Raspberries the size of apples. My daughter would be heaven.

Blake T wrote: »
    To solve the mystery of the piece of courage it is fish.

Ah ok well then let me amend to
    fckkangicguq.jpeg

• MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    SharpyVII wrote: »
    My 18 month old desperately wants to play with every kid on the park regardless of their age.

He was trying to run after some 4 or 5 year olds, it was so cute.

Problem is that he approaches everyone, which means I have to make small talk with the parents. Something I'm rubbish at and dread.

Damn kid making me have to be sociable.

Haha. My daughter was very similar. I only say "was" because we've developed a good friend group and now I know most of the parents around at this point. And they're fine with me being a bit less sociable.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    I can’t wait for my kid to use words when she demands something so I can tell her why she can’t have it

It takes a few more years for them to understand your reasoning and probably another 20 for them to appreciate that you were just trying to keep you healthy.

• DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    And then another 20 after that when they tell you they have to take away your car keys.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
    Aldo wrote: »

It takes a few more years for them to understand your reasoning and probably another 20 for them to appreciate that you were just trying to keep you healthy.

I’ll take just being able to say “you can’t have the apple” vs our current situation of “WHAT THE EFF DO YOU WANT DO YOU WANT THIS? Oh god you’re crying harder now!

I like Alexa, but Athena learning to say "Alexa, play Lion King Soundtrack" has really complicated our relationship

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »

I’ll take just being able to say “you can’t have the apple” vs our current situation of “WHAT THE EFF DO YOU WANT DO YOU WANT THIS? Oh god you’re crying harder now!

Have you tried doing some baby sign?
    We found that it helped us immensely with communication before words.

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Ripley now doesn't scream mommy and daddy when she wakes up, good!

She most quietly sneaks into our room and whispers mommy and daddy until we wake up.

Just standing there in the dark. Blanket and stuffed animal.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Son made his first call to the emergency services this afternoon.

On my phone if you hold down the power button it brings up the screen to restart the phone etc it also has a button to call 999 which he pressed....

• m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Ripley now doesn't scream mommy and daddy when she wakes up, good!

She most quietly sneaks into our room and whispers mommy and daddy until we wake up.

Just standing there in the dark. Blanket and stuffed animal.

Just in time for All Hallow's Eve!

DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    I like Alexa, but Athena learning to say "Alexa, play Lion King Soundtrack" has really complicated our relationship

Which one does Alexa play? I hope the original?

honovere wrote: »
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    I like Alexa, but Athena learning to say "Alexa, play Lion King Soundtrack" has really complicate.d our relationship

Which one does Alexa play? I hope the original?

Yeah she plays the right one, at least

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    My youngest has decided he likes.. disco? I don't have any idea. He's 4. He just told me last night that his Lego creature makes people " disco dance". So I pulled up a Pandora station, and we spent the night... Disco dancing? I have never even so much as uttered the word disco before, but now he says it's his favorite.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    So, my kid wakes me up, and asks me, "Mommy, what colour do you like better, green or purple?" I blearily said, "purple?" and she runs out of the room.

Then comes back with this:

2a0b173a3a4b2f6af551e31efa7ad91e_ra,w380,h380_pa,w380,h380.png

To play a song (from the purple disc), to put me back to sleep.

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    wu24g3336zeq.jpg
    Took Patrick to get a quick Halloween picture in his costume and it went pretty well (he smiled for the actual pictures thankfully)
    he's dwight

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+