As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[2020 Election] Math is Dead

1119120121122123125»

• Inkstain82Inkstain82 Registered User regular
    How many votes was that out of?

• MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular

That was 806. Biden won them 704-102.

• Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular

Couldn't see it officially but looks like ~800 added with a rough 700/100 split in Biden's favour.

• DirtmuncherDirtmuncher Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    God damn, 600+ votes.

How many more are outstanding?

According to CNN more than enough to flip Georgia.
    Mail in ballots lean 80% democratic apparently. Who would have guessed...

Dirtmuncher on
    steam_sig.png
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    God damn, 600+ votes.

On the day it really looked like a repeat of the 2016 fuckery, but it turns out this is just a quirk of some states not counting postal votes at all until the day of or even the day after. Given one side was repeatedly shitting on postal voting for a huge amount of this election run up, it's really not a surprise that states that seem "close" are actually folding out into Biden wins.

If they had done things like other states, where postal ballots were counted initially, we wouldn't even be having this anxiety and the result would have been known a lot sooner.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    So should we be expecting any more news tonight or should I take my usual and get some sleep?
    Seriously there's been no reason to watch the play-by-play of this because what matters is the conclusion. Which is days away and will come in phases.
    To go into a touch more detail with this post:

There's people really harming themselves and getting stressed out by getting so attached to this as it plays out. It's okay to look in once every few hours but the minute to minute hawking I see going on is worrying.

Take care of yourselves.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Seriously, this shit happens every election. This is how we won 2018. If you can't stand the process here, just stop looking. The result is what's important.

• Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Pour one out for the poor ballot counters. It's 3am in Georgia and we're still getting updates.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Trump is now trying to argue on Twitter that all the later votes are illegal because poll watchers weren’t allowed to watch... properly... or something, and it keeps getting flagged by twitter, so now he’s ranting about twitter

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    God damn, 600+ votes.

Mwahahaha

We will be that which ends this.

The nation will be saved by those of us outside.

(Hush. Just let me have this)

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    It’s actually very funny because a man who’s had 70 years of being able to complain and whine and have someone bail him out has finally reached a situation where no one is going to do so and yet he keeps trying

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    May have been posted already, but CNN is reporting that police got a tip that a family drove up to Philly in a Hummer with plans to attack the convention center where votes are being counted. The hummer and a weapon have been recovered, and at least one person is in custody. This is the kind of fuckery that scares me at this point.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-biden-election-results-11-05-20/h_df1b11565bbde82d20e19d8de73852e3

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    This kind of stuff is my jam. I've been hitting F5 on county websites since before Nate Silver was a baseball guy, let alone an elections guy.

The only reason I'm still enjoying it on Day 3 is:

1) I'm home sick anyway so it's not like I can go do anything else

and

2) It's been obvious since late Tuesday night that we're going to win, and winning is fun. If this were in doubt, it would be a whole lot less fun.

GnomeTank wrote: »
    May have been posted already, but CNN is reporting that police got a tip that a family drove up to Philly in a Hummer with plans to attack the convention center where votes are being counted. The hummer and a weapon have been recovered, and at least one person is in custody. This is the kind of fuckery that scares me at this point.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-biden-election-results-11-05-20/h_df1b11565bbde82d20e19d8de73852e3

Fortunately, so far, it appears to be ineffective.

The downside of relying on stochastic terrorism for your foot soldiers is that you can't really coordinate them in an effective way.

• DirtmuncherDirtmuncher Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    It’s actually very funny because a man who’s had 70 years of being able to complain and whine and have someone bail him out has finally reached a situation where no one is going to do so and yet he keeps trying

I don't think it's funny. He has the ear of a lot of people with guns. He is actively misleading and getting them worked up.

steam_sig.png
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Inkstain82 wrote: »
    GnomeTank wrote: »

Fortunately, so far, it appears to be ineffective.

The downside of relying on stochastic terrorism for your foot soldiers is that you can't really coordinate them in an effective way.

Another pic from my colleague @PhillyInquirer
    photographer @jessicagriffin
    of QAnon hat on dashboard of Hummer:

anyone even slightly surprised?

• SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    Leftists have been trying to work with moderates for quite some time. Not all of us obviously but it is still pretty galling to constantly be told we need to work with people that won’t even give us a seat at the table.

When was the last time you showed up to a meeting for your district democrats? I don't mean a campaign meeting where your job is to tell everyone how great the person you support is, I mean a boring party meeting where they do the boring stuff.

Because most of the people who I see complaining about not having a seat at the table don't bother taking the seats that are readily available.

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Hey guys I'll make a new thread in a minute or two. Leftists vs Liberals continues to be the most funnest topic ever and definitely what should be eating up space in the election thread for the election that isn't over yet.

This discussion has been closed.