As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Little Drummer Boy Challenge...2020 EDITION

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    i demand a prize

You’ll never have my admiration! NEVER

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    huh, never noticed it was a real contest. Can I still join? an hour until it begins..
    If so, I'm in

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Why isn't this an opt-OUT thing

Are you means-testing CHRISTMAS?!

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    i demand a prize
    How’s eternal life strike ya?

nooooooooooo

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    i demand a prize

you adore me

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    huh, never noticed it was a real contest. Can I still join? an hour until it begins..
    If so, I'm in

This is the first year I’ve actually signed up on time, but I play every year, it’s not super serial.

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    If I can still join, I would like to. Currently 11:26pm here.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    i demand a prize

you adore me

In your dreams!

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Yo totally in

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    So, I have never done it before!

I've never even heard of it prior to today.

Prediction: I'll lose either by way of morning day-time TV (due to my mother) or by it being in an old TV show that I am binging.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    My wife is going to knock me out of this for sure, that or the grocery store.

• Options
    Zonugal wrote: »
    So, I have never done it before!

I've never even heard of it prior to today.

Prediction: I'll lose either by way of morning day-time TV (due to my mother) or by it being in an old TV show that I am binging.

There’s comprehensive lists online of what episodes of what shows have the song in it

• Options
    Sleep wrote: »
    My wife is going to knock me out of this for sure, that or the grocery store.

My wife HATES that I do this every year. She’s been partially responsible for every one of my eliminations

• Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    I'm going to go for hubris here and say I think this challenge will be pretty easy for me. I don't listen to the radio, they don't play music at my place of work, and my essential purchases are all either mail-order or curbside pickup so I'm safe there.

Edit: to be explicitly clear consider me in for this challenge

Curly_Brace on
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    One of the residents I've gotta keep an ear on overnight has their TV tuned to the music stations, and they're normally all about country. But tonight, I heard some festive stuff sprinkled in. I'm not gonna assume I'm doomed right off the bat, but I will say this is a bad fuckin' start right here.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Probably didn't make it in under the deadline, but I am absolutely down for this.

sig.gif
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I want in

• Options
    Deadline? There’s no deadline! Well... the deadline is when I don’t feel like adding more people to the list

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    i'm in

good luck and godspeed

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    SOMEONE HEARD THIS ALREADY

FESS UP!!

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    I can't possibly lose if I only listen to dumb kpop playlists!
    hbu9idvbqyp9.jpg

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    KetBra wrote: »
    hbu9idvbqyp9.jpg

I have it on good authority that there are K-Pop versions

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Hit you with that puh-rum-puh-rum-puh!

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Oh, that’s an important issue.

Is it only the English language version or the song, or any rendition in any language?

Or like, can we pick one specific language that we speak and if we hear it I. That language we’re pah-rum-pummed?

• Options
    sarukun wrote: »
    Oh, that’s an important issue.

Is it only the English language version or the song, or any rendition in any language?

Or like, can we pick one specific language that we speak and if we hear it I. That language we’re pah-rum-pummed?

Any language as long as you know what it is. Obviously if a Swahili version of the song comes on with a unique beat and you don’t know it’s the song...you’re not out.

• Options
    ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    AHHH! Forgot to sign up for this last night! Request permission for a late join-in.

*raises right hand* I solemnly swear I have not heard the song between 12:00 AM 11/27/20 up to the time of this post, so help me God.

However, full disclosure, I did hear the song on Friday, November 13th at 5:48 PM EST. Turned the radio on to the variety station that normally hosts the Totally '80s Weekend run at that time but instead they switched to 24/7 Christmas music and got ninjaed by the Drummer Boy immediately.

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    hbu9idvbqyp9.jpg

If Mamamoo released a cover of it tomorrow, would you be able to control yourself from intentionally listening to it?

• Options
    Ani_Game_Burn

You’re on the list!

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    hbu9idvbqyp9.jpg

I have it on good authority that there are K-Pop versions

0hh5a7b382wr.png

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Ha ha behold mortals, for I have returned from the Christmas tree place with a tree and neither having heard the curséd song nor gettin the 'vid.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular

FESS UP!!

Well, I must hang my head in shame because it came up on my mother's playlist while we made some pizza.

• Options
    Psykoma wrote: »

FESS UP!!

Well, I must hang my head in shame because it came up on my mother's playlist while we made some pizza.

2q9j0s5jdaia.jpeg

y9zxcz5haru6.png

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    I'm in.

Can't wait to see what tv show or movie gets me.

• Options
    edited November 2020

Ketar on
  • Options
    edited November 2020

Ketar on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Oh good I'm not the first out this time

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I heard it again. Entirely different playlist.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Survived Grocery Shopping.

In store radio is actually mixing it up with christmas songs and hits so thats a relief.

And I got a big ol pack of toliet paper!

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Ha ha behold mortals, for I have returned from the Christmas tree place with a tree and neither having heard the curséd song nor gettin the 'vid.

Future evergreen post

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I played Spotify roulette with a Xmas playlist and survived

For now.