As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I Love [CHAT]

19495969798100»

• Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    I need to figure out if there is a part of the yard I could give up to put in a fire pit.

These nights are perfect for outdoor hangouts where it's not full of mosquitos and it's cool enough where you'd want the extra heat. We just added some solar lights that go along the deck railing.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    *takes a sip of chilled rosé*

I don’t care for the out-of-doors

Sometimes it can be p. good tho (spoiler-ed for H-scroll):
    va2c5fxk34km.jpg

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    What’s up scallywags

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    if the outdoors were good, we would not have invented the indoors
    make you think

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I pay a significant amount of rent to live in a state that may not actively want to kill me, but sure as fuck doesn't care if I die.

ehh... parts of it probably want to kill me

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    I'm actually, actually, (actually) for real this time going to order a new gaming headset.

Why are the Logitech ones so ugly? I know they will work and I'm not likely to get a bum defect one from them but damn, they are hideous. There are such limited over ear options too. Why are there so many on ear headphones. No one thinks that is more comfortable right?

@JebusUD
    These https://amazon.com/Logitech-G935-Wireless-DTS-LIGHTSYNC/dp/B07MP4HT95 aren't too hideous but more importantly they're comfy. I'm currently trying to talk myself out of picking them up and then using my perfect fine G933s for my PS4 because the Turtle Beach headset I paid way too much for are garbage.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I definitely wanna remodel our pool after I put a power cage and stuff in the garage

definitely wanna swim laps

tyrannus on
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I mean I'll definitely drink some chilled rosé while also camping.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    I'm actually, actually, (actually) for real this time going to order a new gaming headset.

Why are the Logitech ones so ugly? I know they will work and I'm not likely to get a bum defect one from them but damn, they are hideous. There are such limited over ear options too. Why are there so many on ear headphones. No one thinks that is more comfortable right?

JebusUD
    These https://amazon.com/Logitech-G935-Wireless-DTS-LIGHTSYNC/dp/B07MP4HT95 aren't too hideous but more importantly they're comfy. I'm currently trying to talk myself out of picking them up and then using my perfect fine G933s for my PS4 because the Turtle Beach headset I paid way too much for are garbage.

they are pretty hideous. Def worse looking than the steelseries, but also steelseries has some bad reviews....

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    You guys get to talking like this and it just absolutely bums me the fuck out

Worst common chat topic

real estate [chat]?

I'm guessing "there are four real cities in America, if you're generous, and outside of that are the troglodyte caves"

Which is a real thing that my live-in-those-four-cities yuppie friends do and which I totally hate, but there is something actually true in the vicinity about the density of queer life. There really are very few places you can step of a subway and have your Grindr straight up explode with notifications, and, although queer people can of course be yuppie snobs about where they live, there's also more of a real gradient for them than there is for Johnny Random claiming that he wouldn't be caught dead putting down roots in Milwaukee or whatever.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    You guys get to talking like this and it just absolutely bums me the fuck out

Worst common chat topic

I get that it makes you feel like people like me are being dismissive of the midwest and/or the suburbs

But

I was born in DC, my family lives here, most of my friends live here, a lot of the govt contracting jobs are here

It also has a lot of gay people and jews which is important to me

I can walk around to go shopping or peoplewatching and go to restaurants, which is how I have fun apart from videogames

so it's not like I'm trying to shit on other places to live, it's just that it would be a bad choice for my social and emotional life if I moved somewhere else

and then, given that I am here, I wanna complain about how expensive it is hahaha

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    yeah camping with a fire, and some smores and hot dogs and stuff

great stuff

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    There is a lot of America

And a lot of it is good

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    I like lots of places

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Like I used to want to move to Boston because that's where I lived after college, but I did a count and basically all my friends who lived in Boston either left Boston (some to come to DC :D ) or had kids and moved out to the suburbs and are unlikely to be around to hangout

So now it's like...huh, live in DC or idk, there are not good concentrations of friends anywhere else

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    I would probably live in a cheaper place were it not for my job and the requirement of my actual attendance.

But I’m also really digging that the city is right there

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

JebusUD

they are pretty hideous. Def worse looking than the steelseries, but also steelseries has some bad reviews....

I actually really don't like the steelseries look because I wore a headset for 20 years doing customer service and by god do those remind me of an over-ear version of that :lol:

But I guess also how a headset looks ranks very low on the scale for me because I don't see them unless they're hanging up. As long as they're comfy and sound good I'm probably going to be satisfied.

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    I want to live on the outskirts of a city. I want my peace and quiet but then i want adventure (sometimes).

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Camping is when you pitch a tent in the garden for you and the kids as an excuse for a barbecue in the evening and boardgames before bed, right?

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    I want to live on the outskirts of a city. I want my peace and quiet but then i want adventure (sometimes).

The biggest challenge to this lifestyle is that the outskirts of cities change with sprawl.

• Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    I dunk on Vancouver but really it's not so bad, but the cost of housing is insaaaaaaaaaane. And it seems like it's just getting worse everywhere else now too. Is this what the euphoria stage of a market bubble looks like?

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Places that don't suck and places where you want to live are not the same circle on a Venn diagram.

I freaking love Monterey and that whole area but it's not the right place for me to live anymore than LA is.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was blasting along at warp 0.9

@Incenjucar will create the new thread
    @HappylilElf is backup

This discussion has been closed.