As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Through wall AC unit

dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
So it's probably time to replace the unit in my bedroom. I'd like something that can interface with google home and has an easy to remove faceplate and filter so I can vacuum and dust it frequently due to cats.

The outlet is 110 and dedicated. I'll have to replace the one in the living room at some point as well so if there's a good model that also comes in 220 with higher cooling capacity for a open area with vaulted ceilings that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance, I know we have some HVAC and maintenance folks who know this stuff.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Are you talking about a mini split system?

f4wflo8s5j9x.jpeg

Or central ac?

Or is it a window unit stuck through the wall?

zepherin on
  • Options
    It's similar to a window unit but they're designed to only vent from the rear and fit into a through wall mounting cage.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    So I've been doing some research on this, and there are not a lot of products that meet your requirements. The In wall A/Cs there were quite a few, even at the standard 110/115/120 type plug. It's the google home bit that has really limited the choices. Most of the "smart units" had their own proprietary OS, and LG OS is kind of garbo. I like their appliances normally, I have an LG fridge, TV, dish washer, washer and dryer but their smart OS sucks. And if you had minisplit I would recommend a mitsubishi mini split system, I use them extensively professionally, and they are fucking amazing.

I did find an Emerson that will meet your needs. I haven't used them myself, my dad has an Emerson swamp cooler that runs pretty well, so that's one data point.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Emerson-Quiet-Kool-12-000-BTU-115-Volt-SMART-Through-the-Wall-Air-Conditioner-with-Remote-Wi-Fi-and-Voice-Control-EATC12RSE1T/309740807

However if you want to move to a mini split system, get a mitsubishi.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Can't do the mini split. Condo already has mounts for the through wall. The Emerson is pretty inexpensive and even if I only get 7-8 years out of it I think the price is right. I was hesitant because I've never heard of the brand.

I'm going to make some measurements and probably get one ordered in a week or two.

dispatch.o on