As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

10-4 Good Buddy (American Truck Simulator) Montana released

13»

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I have a classic US cabover I drive in ATS, and yea its WAY easier to park.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Obviously, SCS needs to make an add-on game:

American Truck Mechanic Simulator

You get to run parameter changes and set the wheel stop settings for the trucks to tighten up the steering. As a bonus, the damage % values get reflected on the actual truck and you get to see the damage to the drive shafts when you crawl under the rig on your creeper (added in as day 1 DLC).

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    I love it. There is a lot of creativity in the truck sim space. Feels like the flight sim space except without a lot of the assholes.

• Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    So Montana comes out August 4.

Which is awesome but odd because Texas was announced first and Montana leapfrogged them somehow.

• Options

Which is awesome but odd because Texas was announced first and Montana leapfrogged them somehow.

Montana's a lot smaller content wise. I imagine it just comes down to the final testing, bug fixes and stuff, and if Texas had a couple delays and Montana went smooth then there you have it.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    webguy20 wrote: »

Montana's a lot smaller content wise. I imagine it just comes down to the final testing, bug fixes and stuff, and if Texas had a couple delays and Montana went smooth then there you have it.

Yeah, Texas by itself is only a bit smaller than California, Nevada, Utah, and Arizona combined. I couldn't give you an exact percentage, but if I had to throw a number out there I'd say maybe around 25% smaller? Texas covers most of that area, but clearly not all.

edit- I am assuming they are scaling Texas in the same manner they have done with other states. But I don't know for sure.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »

Yeah, Texas by itself is only a bit smaller than California, Nevada, Utah, and Arizona combined. I couldn't give you an exact percentage, but if I had to throw a number out there I'd say maybe around 25% smaller? Texas covers most of that area, but clearly not all.

edit- I am assuming they are scaling Texas in the same manner they have done with other states. But I don't know for sure.

Texas in real life is about the size of California and Nevada put together. Montana is over half the size of Texas, but especially the eastern half of Texas is a lot more population dense so there’s probably more actual “stuff” to model there as far as roads, towns, etc.

• Options
    Axen wrote: »

I believe they are keeping the scale consistent.

• Options
    https://youtu.be/uwmDVa9QvLc

Montana is out! Got it downloading right now.

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Good sales on the previous states too! Wondering if I should grab Idaho and Colorado now at 50% or wait for a 70% sale later...

EDIT: Bought'd. Gonna need some driving therapy after having my car in the shop for so many days this week.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Ianator wrote: »
    Good sales on the previous states too! Wondering if I should grab Idaho and Colorado now at 50% or wait for a 70% sale later...

EDIT: Bought'd. Gonna need some driving therapy after having my car in the shop for so many days this week.

Colorado is amazing. Easily one of my favorite states so far.

• Options
    Some Montana Shots. Going to go drive through Yellowstone later.

7rbcpkvw3thd.jpg
    j3tivu0f3dvj.jpg
    j2xcidvt83jl.jpg

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/uwmDVa9QvLc

Montana is out! Got it downloading right now.

Is it bad that I watched that purely for the "do I recognize where that's supposed to be?" aspect?

(I did laugh at seeing the "Billings Hotel", as that's the Crown Plaza in downtown Billings - a place I've stayed at (and suffered through an infected tooth in.))

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum