Looks like we're back at it another year.
As always, this thread is for reporting only: please include official sources when reporting a cancellation or postponement. Rumors and hearsay should not be posted. Corrections are also welcome!
If an event is not on here, then dates haven’t been formally announced yet. Or the convention just isn't large enough to merit a post. Or I forgot, because there's quite a few conventions out there.Canceled
The event is not happening, or at least not publicly. Events with an asterisk * next to them will have an online event, and you can check the official site for the dates on such. Events with a cross (†) have been discontinued either permanently or for the forseeable futureAwesome Games Done Quick 2022*
PAX South 2022†
The event will happen, but is being pushed back from the original planned date for safety reasons. I'm also including events here that announced dates that are later than when the event normally occurs each year.
Anime BostonOn Schedule
These events are still happening as originally announced, but keep an eye on them.Super MagfestCES
PAX East 2022
Remember to be prepare if you travel:
- Check for the refund policies on everything you have to reserve in advance. Flights, hotels, rental cars, whatever! We are entering year three of this crap, so there really isn't an excuse for these places to not have contingencies.
- Be sure to read up on safety policies! Most places will have vaccination requirements, and others may also require masks. Even if you have no problem with masking up, there is a different between masking to go shopping or while working, and wearing a mask for 10+ hours on a vacation.
- While the vaccine is effective at reducing the risk of serious illness, variants are better at infecting the vaccinated. Before you travel, consider the possibility of a breakthrough infection, and how that would affect the people who live with you. Also how it would affect you if you are unable to work for 1-3 weeks due to contracting the virus.
- If you are not vaccinated/boosted, then do so in advance so you're not fighting the side effects of the shot while on your trip. Most people are back to normal in 24-72 hours.
- At the convention, wash your hands, use hand sanitizer, and just be all-around cautious.