As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Chat]ly Island

TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0DeIqJm4vM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE7e4MkZGXY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI6CfKcMhjY

a few weeks ago my spotify time capsule was like "remember the lonely island???" and i was fully ready to be like "this is dumb i can't believe we found this funny in 2010" but i cannot stop listening to them holy shit

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    I was sitting with a chat ready to shame you after exactly ten minutes without a chat posted and yeah I was absolutely gonna sit here and hit F5 every second for ten minutes

it's my saturday night I can spend it however I want

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Lonely island is just the right amount of stupid while also being well made musical productions.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    puritanical seems like the wrong word. there isn't really a moral component to me not liking heavy drinking- and blackouts and horrible hangovers. i don't think it's wrong or shameful. it's just- stupid, to me. not fun.

so i don't think i'm puritcanical. boring, maybe.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Sitting at a car dealership buying a car and my credit score is 801 apparently

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    but yeah i think i need someone to come and hang blinds for me since i don't have a latter or a drill and i think buying those would put me over the cost of trying to do it myself

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I woke up bored and grumpy, what a stupid combination

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I like to get a good buzz and then chill with that. Before I myself would consider it as drunk, because it's an assessment usually made too late.

• Options
    Tav wrote: »
    but yeah i think i need someone to come and hang blinds for me since i don't have a latter or a drill and i think buying those would put me over the cost of trying to do it myself

the economy option that worked for me is stacking chairs on tables instead of ladders and just not giving my employers back their drill

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

you got one of those handyperson apps over there where you can just get someone to come over?

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    The car we're buying costs more than the two cars we own cost combined.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options

you got one of those handyperson apps over there where you can just get someone to come over?

nah i'm looking at a place that does custom blinds and fittings

the prices they're quoting are like 120 for the blinds, fitting and the installation which i think is pretty good? Like that is not a ridiculous amount of money to save me a couple of hours and stress

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Organichu wrote: »
    puritanical seems like the wrong word. there isn't really a moral component to me not liking heavy drinking- and blackouts and horrible hangovers. i don't think it's wrong or shameful. it's just- stupid, to me. not fun.

I am puritanical

Alcohol is a carcinogen and overall a blight on society even for just that reason, though individually it's commonly fine

Instead everyone should be just eating shrooms and marijuana all the time

Maybe puritanical is the wrong word

• Options
    can recommend, 10/10 value for money for this drill, man

although when I last had use for it this week, helping a friend move, I didn't bring it. Nor my ratchet, still with the stickers on it. I don't know why I didn't bring them.

So instead I dismantled her sofa bed with the tiny IKEA hex keys while continously telling her how I should have brought my drill, or at least the ratchet, I haven't even used it yet the stickers is still on, for this, instead of this little IKEA hex key which is much slower than just using a drill or a ratchet which, as I said earlier, I thought about bringing but didn't for some reason, can you hold up that end for a minute, so anyways, yeah, a drill

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

I think people get different things out of it - like, literally, as in physiological responses.

People love getting high. It's great! Except I find it really uncomfortable. It's not fun, and it doesn't make me feel good. So I don't often do it. Same with being beer drunk. Enough beer to intoxicate me makes me bloated and it's really uncomfortable. I thought I didn't like getting drunk at all anymore since I don't really enjoy vodka or rum like I used to, but I got wine drunk a couple weeks ago and that was actually really nice, so I should just buy more wine I guess.

Anyway, I don't think the experiences brought on by drugs are universal, so for those of us that experience it in unpleasant ways, we're not going to want to repeat those experiences.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    I bought a decent drill and a selection of hex bits a while ago, and I've been using it to quickly disassemble and reassemble second-hand IKEA furniture this weekend

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Tav wrote:
    my room has blinds and curtains but one of the blinds has broken twice and it think it's because of a dodgy bracket

i wonder if it would be total overkill to get someone in to hang blinds in this rental room

literally burning money since its only a rental but also my god my quality of sleep improves with it

I've spent about $60 putting up good blinds and curtains in the bedroom of just about every place I've lived. You end up leaving them there because window treatments are so particular to the window and taking them down would leave holes and who wants to patch. Its been more than worth it every time though.

Like $60 one time for something that makes your life better every single day? It could not be simpler.

is that $60 for the brackets and blinds or is that $60 to get a man in and hang those up for you

Oh just for materials. Hit up target or ikea and get a $6 Vårgårba curtain rod and a set of $40 Füglum lined blackout curtains.

I havent checked but I think I might literally die if a man came to my house and put up a curtain for me.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options

the prices they're quoting are like 120 for the blinds, fitting and the installation which i think is pretty good? Like that is not a ridiculous amount of money to save me a couple of hours and stress

my personal rule of thumb is if I add about a third, I assume I've factored in the chance that I will fuck it up in some way I won't realize, even when the job is "screw this and this onto a surface"

I don't know what I don't know but I know I don't know things

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    I made the mistake of buying into the dewalt family though, when makita and bosch are the local ruling clans

dewalt had been making some signs of committing to the local market but then backed off again

ah well

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

Yeah that's a good price man.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    I made the mistake of buying into the dewalt family though, when makita and bosch fon ronsenburg of dalmasca are the local ruling clans

dewalt had been making some signs of committing to the local market but then backed off again

ah well

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I drink socially, but I otherwise hate alcohol and I think I want to be a teetotaler after I get married.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Anyway I don’t get invited to places like vegas and I imagine part of it is my drinking habits

Must be nice

• Options
    ronya wrote: »
    I bought a decent drill and a selection of hex bits a while ago, and I've been using it to quickly disassemble and reassemble second-hand IKEA furniture this weekend

their fold out couches are a pretty dang great design

it takes like minutes, if you've got a drill instead of the little hex key, to disassemble it, and every part of it you can carry by yourself easy

the only way to replicate that feat with my current bed is with judicious application of a saw and some wire cutters

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular

a few weeks ago my spotify time capsule was like "remember the lonely island???" and i was fully ready to be like "this is dumb i can't believe we found this funny in 2010" but i cannot stop listening to them holy shit

I remember when you did this because ever since that day I've also been listening to the lonely island and I'm like "yeah this holds up still"

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Was it here that we were talking about grammar rules in English?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PipX3k3frKU

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    With the history of addiction in my family, I think I have a pretty good excuse to not drink

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    oh yeah i got tickets to emo fyre festival so i'll be going to vegas in october

does anyone want to get blackout drunk and elvis chapel marry me

• Options
    I don’t think we’ve ever discussed grammar in Debate and Discourse, not once.

• Options
    oh yeah i got tickets to emo fyre festival so i'll be going to vegas in october

does anyone want to get blackout drunk and elvis chapel marry me

I’m in

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Abdhyius wrote: »

although when I last had use for it this week, helping a friend move, I didn't bring it. Nor my ratchet, still with the stickers on it. I don't know why I didn't bring them.

So instead I dismantled her sofa bed with the tiny IKEA hex keys while continously telling her how I should have brought my drill, or at least the ratchet, I haven't even used it yet the stickers is still on, for this, instead of this little IKEA hex key which is much slower than just using a drill or a ratchet which, as I said earlier, I thought about bringing but didn't for some reason, can you hold up that end for a minute, so anyways, yeah, a drill

I just watched this and went "hmm, maybe I do need a quality impact driver".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ3JutSejU4

• Options
    if i go to vegas in a few weeks, i'll be consuming neither booze nor drugs

instead, i'll be having... shramps

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »

I just watched this and went "hmm, maybe I do need a quality impact driver".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ3JutSejU4

I just want a driver that’s fast and furious.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular

I didn’t watch these again but I feel like this checks out

Their videos were so good it landed them a job at snl!

• Options
    Well maybe

Depends

I’ve already decided I’m moving out of Reno before my 40th birthday whether I’m living on the street or not

But my birthday is end of September so that could be a fun birthday trip

• Options
    jack sparrow is one of those songs i really wish i could wipe from my memory and listen to again for the first time.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular

• Options
    I still remember the argument I got into with celery77/green eyed monster over the pronunciation of my own middle name - whether William is 2 or 3 syllables.

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Apropos of nothing, does PF Kingmaker have a turn-based option? Because I really didn’t like it when Pillars was real-time but I love me a good tactics RPG, pay no attention to the tactics RPG I just dropped

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I have two reasons for not drinking.

First, I just don't like what alcohol does to drinks. I think it tastes way better as non-alcoholic versions.

Second, alcohol enhances my current mood, and I get really annoyed by drunk people even when sober, so it doesn't exactly get better with me drinking too.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr9Kaa1sycs

It could have aged terribly compared to the rest of their material but I think its still hysterical.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
This discussion has been closed.