Options

[V Rising] Version 1.0 is now live on Steam and PS5!

1234568»

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Unless easier to do with 1.0 gotta dig into the files and edit the setting manually.

Gportal is easy peezy

• Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    edited May 22
    You can easily edit the settings in single player on the "load save" screen from the main menu. Just pick the save and you get the full menu of settings just like you're starting up for the first time. I want to say the portal setting is in there -- all of the other server side stuff is at least.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Thanks folks! I'll keep at it until it's horsey time in that case.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Is there any way to boost the move speed in this? Even with the wolf form I feel like I'm spending waaay too much time just walking from place to damn place.

Especially when I'm trying to beat a boss on the other side of the map from my castle. I know I can move my castle closer or use the teleporters (which are super annoying in the way they don't let you use them when carrying a bunch of common items - I should see if I can turn that off).

Later on, there's also an upgrade that boosts movement speed while shapeshifted, which affects Wolf Form.

Earlier on though, hiding out from the sun in a building in the boss's camp is a time honored tradition.

But turning on the option to teleport while holding items is really the big thing.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    With wolf form, it's fairly easy to just run from shadow to shadow even in fairly open areas.
    Horses are also great, and dominate mount skill will be great once i get it.
    Just wish the human form allowed you to ignore the sun as well, leave you weak and powerless but allow walking around.

• Options
    I will keep my server going for one additional month but I figure most people have moved on which is fine. Haven't been doing a lot myself due to work so all good by me.

With @Malakaius help hopefully can give a copy of the server for those who want it.

• Options
    Karoz wrote: »
    I will keep my server going for one additional month but I figure most people have moved on which is fine. Haven't been doing a lot myself due to work so all good by me.

With Malakaius help hopefully can give a copy of the server for those who want it.

By then I should hopefully have figured out Dracula's attack patterns. First attempt the other night did not go so great.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular

With @Malakaius help hopefully can give a copy of the server for those who want it.
    Thanks for running the server. Wish the game had longer legs. I'd love a copy of the server save if possible.

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I tried to kill Adam... and is there not a lightning resist potion? My build is not the best in close-quarters fighting, so I'm gonna have to change something up and go to more shields or something to kill him probably.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    akjak wrote: »
    I tried to kill Adam... and is there not a lightning resist potion? My build is not the best in close-quarters fighting, so I'm gonna have to change something up and go to more shields or something to kill him probably.

A shield spell of some sort is usually recommended against late game bosses. For Adam, the usual recommendations have been for the mid-range weapons like pistols or whips. They have the benefit of being able to hit the lightning generators from afar if a spell alone doesn't break them. He doesn't have very many attacks in retrospect, it's more identifying when he's doing his combo (which you can just walk around with a movement speed bonus but countering that last hit with a shield spell to damage him is satisfying) and when he's doing his grab and toss (which is the real danger).

Breaking a lightning generator ASAP for more breathing room was key in my kill and seems to be the recommended priority. When they become vulnerable is a little wonky though as I sometimes tried blasting them before they became damageable.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    Server refrrshed today so t minus 30 and counting

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Hol' up... YOU CAN KILL THE LIGHTNING GENERATORS?!

We tried throwing EMP at 'em, which seems like the logical thing you're supposed to do and does nothing, I'm sure I smacked them at some point and nothing happened. But wtf you can actually destroy them?

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Adam will occasionally start turning them back on but yeah you can kill the generators.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    akjak wrote: »
    Hol' up... YOU CAN KILL THE LIGHTNING GENERATORS?!

We tried throwing EMP at 'em, which seems like the logical thing you're supposed to do and does nothing, I'm sure I smacked them at some point and nothing happened. But wtf you can actually destroy them?

Their hitbox seems to be a little weird, but you should see a health bar when they take damage. You do need longer range attacks to hit them though.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I started V Rising on PS5 over the weekend.

There's this weird dichotomy with the controls. On the one hand, controller support plays very smooth and naturally, and it actually handles quite nicely. On the other hand, the buttons they chose for the keybinds are awkward, and I'd love to be able to rebind all the keys to what makes more sense to me. But there does not appear to be a way to rebind keys. At least not that was readily apparent.

• Options
    Per Malakaius: The V Rising server will be taken offline on July 6th at 7pm EST. I will be making a backup of the server save for people interested in a copy on the 5th.