As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Garth Marenghi's Dark[chat]

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I think I first saw it on Adult Swim?

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    do i feel unwell today because i don't want to exercise or do i not want to exercise because i feel unwell

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    my buddy is running a session of mörk börg or something this weekend. This rulea pdf looks like heavy metal album art. I guess it's a real meat grinder. I am gonna be a gutter trash kid.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    I love monstrous optimization in gaming so these videos are great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faMFM3QervQ
    In rollercoaster tycoon, you might want guests to get the heck out. Killing them is problematic because it hurts the park's rating, but what if there was a way to murder them without then penalty?

And that way is dropping them to their doom by having ride exits go to a huge drop that gets ride of them

I feel like I remember reading about a scenario where you have to outcompete a different park, and one person's solution was to make a murder ride that crashes in the other park so the deaths count against them

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    I think I first saw it on Adult Swim?

Yeah I had no idea what Adult Swim had become. I was used to the days of it just being like Anime or Powerpuff Girls after midnight

Then I met my wife around 2006 and it was GMD, Metalocalypse, Lucy Daughter of the Devil, 12oz Mouse, and all kinds of Williams Street Broom Closet shit that was just amazing at the time.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I rarely have tv on in the background. I'll sometimes draw when watching tv but mostly for slow dramas or comedies I've seen before.

Background is for audio stuff, like audiobooks or podcasts

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    I should really watch GMDP. The subtext quote is so powerful it echoes through the hoary halls of decades past, and it's still funny even if the show's fans are frosted grey and bent crooked with age

You should. And anyone watching it should under no circumstances put it on "in the background", which is a thing kids and the morally lax apparently do sometimes with TV shows. Every gesture and line and edit is deliberate and beautiful.

i get it for like, american tv shows where there's 20+ hour long episodes in a season but you've no excuse to not pay full attention to the likes of Darkplace, Derry Girls, Father Ted, Black Books et al

I've spent longer trying to pick something on Netflix than half a season of British comedy

I keep meaning to give Black Books a try.

it's very good

unfortunately it's tainted by it's association with known terf and sad loser Graham Linehan but all of the actors in it are wonderful

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    do i feel unwell today because i don't want to exercise or do i not want to exercise because i feel unwell

Either way exercise will probably help

Get on the goddamn robot

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Tumin wrote: »

Get on the goddamn robot

last time i did this everyone yelled at me for exercising when i didn't feel well

• Options
    edited May 2022
    I on the other hand will surely heal my.malaise by remaining in bed forever

Tumin on
  • Options
    I rarely have tv on in the background. I'll sometimes draw when watching tv but mostly for slow dramas or comedies I've seen before.

i seem constitutionally incapable of paying attention to audiobooks and podcasts even when they're in my foreground

• Options
    tav my bohemians jersey has already shipped and the richmond kickers jersey i ordered last week still hasn't

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular

i seem constitutionally incapable of paying attention to audiobooks and podcasts even when they're in my foreground

It is easy to have your mind wander, especially if it's not 100% interesting or the hosts aren't compelling for you

I find conversational podcasts a bit easier to listen to than scripted ones, for some reason

• Options
    tav my bohemians jersey has already shipped and the richmond kickers jersey i ordered last week still hasn't

our shop is run by volunteers so it was literally someone in their spare time doing that!

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I should really watch GMDP. The subtext quote is so powerful it echoes through the hoary halls of decades past, and it's still funny even if the show's fans are frosted grey and bent crooked with age

You should. And anyone watching it should under no circumstances put it on "in the background", which is a thing kids and the morally lax apparently do sometimes with TV shows. Every gesture and line and edit is deliberate and beautiful.

i get it for like, american tv shows where there's 20+ hour long episodes in a season but you've no excuse to not pay full attention to the likes of Darkplace, Derry Girls, Father Ted, Black Books et al

I've spent longer trying to pick something on Netflix than half a season of British comedy

it's very good

unfortunately it's tainted by it's association with known terf and sad loser Graham Linehan but all of the actors in it are wonderful

And I don't think there are any TERFy jokes, unlike that... unfortunate IT Crowd episode

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options

it's very good

And I don't think there are any TERFy jokes, unlike that... unfortunate IT Crowd episode

no it holds up very well i think but i won't argue with someone who doesn't want to watch it because of his involvement

• Options
    honestly even that IT Crowd episode feels more like a product of its time than anything else

no one would even mention it today if Glinner had just admitted it was in bad taste instead of doubling down and ruining his life

now it's the first thing people think of when the show gets brought up

• Options
    Tumin wrote: »

Get on the goddamn robot

last time i did this everyone yelled at me for exercising when i didn't feel well

Oh hm when you say unwell I think general fatigue/ache and not sick

You kids and your early aughts slang

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    The fresh donuts smelled so good this morning so I caved and had one, now my teeth sting, my stomach is a bit grumpy and I'm getting a headache.

Death to sugar.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    They got Darkplace included with Prime.
    ...and yet they do not have a US version of the dvds.

Also, the fourth Evangelion movie is included with Prime.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    honestly even that IT Crowd episode feels more like a product of its time than anything else

no one would even mention it today if Glinner had just admitted it was in bad taste instead of doubling down and ruining his life

Yeah, Matt Berry dealt with it maturely, as I remember, rather than getting all pissy that you can't say anything these days

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Speaking of Matt Berry I heard wwdits is ba k this summer.

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    I never could get into IT crowd. It seemed middling.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options

Yeah, Matt Berry dealt with it maturely, as I remember, rather than getting all pissy that you can't say anything these days

Dylan Moran handled things very well recently too

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    is there a way to watch it in the US other than piracy, which i am less morally opposed to so much as i just can't be arsed to do

an american friend of mine looked last year and the consensus was that there isn't a way outside of piracy

What about a vpn?

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    IT crowd was never my jam, but it's because it was forced down my throat since I worked in a support basement (a warehouse technically)

It's like when I got into blacksmithing and everyone kept telling me how great Forged in Fire is, and that show is a mikshake duck from several angles.

I do recognize it's a funny show. It's like Scrubs and Monty Python's Holy Grail. It took me forever to finally watch those just because an annoying person kept trying to get me to watch them throughout high school.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    is there a way to watch it in the US other than piracy, which i am less morally opposed to so much as i just can't be arsed to do

an american friend of mine looked last year and the consensus was that there isn't a way outside of piracy

What about a vpn?

i'm sure it would work but honestly at that rate just pirate it, especially if you don't already have a vpn

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    The IT crowd episode about the internet is pretty stupid, but it really captures how some people barely know anything about computers.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    IT crowd was never my jam, but it's because it was forced down my throat since I worked in a support basement (a warehouse technically)

It's like when I got into blacksmithing and everyone kept telling me how great Forged in Fire is, and that show is a mikshake duck from several angles.

I do recognize it's a funny show. It's like Scrubs and Monty Python's Holy Grail. It took me forever to finally watch those just because an annoying person kept trying to get me to watch them throughout high school.

It just seemed very laugh tracky. Joke here people!

I was more into Peep Show.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2022

What about a vpn?

i'm sure it would work but honestly at that rate just pirate it, especially if you don't already have a vpn

yeah, this is the guy

get 'im, boys

Organichu on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular

I ran a whole 1.25 miles today and it SUCKED

IDK if it is a) forced downtime from achilles being broken b) COVID after effects or c) psychological or d) all of the above but I very suddenly went from running 11 miles to being a broken potato

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    I'm v sorry for your lack of run hakkes

i know you like run v much

sig.gif
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular

What about a vpn?

Vpns are so easy though it’s like signing up for a streaming service

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    this is cool for US peeps - you can put in your address and it'll give you some info about your flood and wildfire risk and some info about how that's projected to change over the next 30 years

https://riskfactor.com/

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Thing I learned today.

Old Bay was created by a Jew who escaped Germany right after Kristallnacht.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    I'm v sorry for your lack of run hakkes

i know you like run v much

i do

but i broke meself

rip

• Options
    Beast has started to get symptoms

I regret maybe a little putting a curse on him

This discussion has been closed.